Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: April 20, 2018
Group Buy: 4K Single Lenti (slip only) - 3D Double Lenti (slip only)
Notes: WWA steelbook, each edition 300 copies

4K+BD single lenti edition | 3D+2D double lenti edition
BS---BR2049--01.jpgBS---BR2049--02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should they bother... the more difficult it is to get one, the more collectors will want one !
They sell all their editions in a minute, why make a higher print run and risk not sellung them all. Low number of prints makes the rarity and the collecting value. They are no friends they are businessmen.
Sure, it's definitely a balance from the business perspective. On the one hand, HDz would have made more money out of this release if everybody who wanted one could have gotten one. On the other hand, making them harder to get means more interest built up for future releases, and better guarantee of instant sell-outs. And as others have pointed out, this would only be a distribution option for the bigger releases. No reason to bother with extra complications with the older or niche titles.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jocelin
@Maksym

I think we create the hype more than they do ;)
And blade runner is a fine exemple ! All releases sold out fast because of a lot of private resellers, because of this, it goes OOP and because it is OOP we all want one, but once the interrest is fading the prices are dropping. Bought my kimchi lenti on ebay for 75$ shipping include, far from 3 times the price. And there is still a lot of listings, you might get them for near the release price within 6 months just like the PA old boy or i saw the devil releases.

@Maksym

I think we create the hype more than they do ;)
And blade runner is a fine exemple ! All releases sold out fast because of a lot of private resellers, because of this, it goes OOP and because it is OOP we all want one, but once the interrest is fading the prices are dropping. Bought my kimchi lenti on ebay for 75$ shipping include, far from 3 times the price. And there is still a lot of listings, you might get them for near the release price within 6 months just like the PA old boy or i saw the devil releases.

I think Blade runner is a significantly more popular title than the ones you mention. But there are multiple Mfg.s releasing it. That will probably help quell the demand some and keep prices reasonable.

I would recommend them to run this movie in theaters again, i would definitely watch it in IMAX again:) maybe twice)

That might be true for some releases. Definitely not for Blade Runner 2049. Even freaking italian WWA steelbook is sold out, and there were thousands of them. As of premiums, Kimchi did 1300 and 1500 print runs, all sold out the first day, Full Slip goes for 3X of retail on ebay.
So, that's not an excuse. They wanted to create Hype, Panic, Emotions. they freaking got it. Good Job.
They didnt want to do anything. Remember this release was suppose to be almost double the size but they had 400 damaged steels. We probably would have had 50+ for each GB if that didnt happen. I dont fault HDZeta for have to reduce the number because of this. Even with 50+ this wouldnt have last more than 2-3 minutes. There is literally no way they can win and people will be disappointed no matter what

Reactions: CleverLoginName
They didnt want to do anything. Remember this release was suppose to be almost double the size but they had 400 damaged steels. We probably would have had 50+ for each GB if that didnt happen. I dont fault HDZeta for have to reduce the number because of this. Even with 50+ this wouldnt have last more than 2-3 minutes. There is literally no way they can win and people will be disappointed no matter what

They can win big time with normal-functioning user-friendly website...

It seems like they must have done something because I was just on their site and it is quite snappy. Hopefully this will help during heavy traffic.

Thank you for this sensible post. :thumbs:

I wish they would just sell the slips and goodies. I can supply my own undamaged steelbook.

Yes, that would work for me, too. But it won't happen.

They can win big time with normal-functioning user-friendly website...

This.
+ PayPal. :LOL:

But did they actually said it was steels that got damaged? Maybe it was the slips which doesn´t meet the quality requirements...

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Gee, HDZeta are a bit of a joke it would seem. As a newbie to this forum I can see a lot of subscribers take this very seriously. Me? Not so much. Congratulations to those that secured copies though. Still, if you’re a Zeta completist and you missed out...gutting.