Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys =) you SHOULD be experienced enough to know getting steel without any damage from Amazon/Zavvi and similar retailers is literaly playing roulette.
It's either them or postal service (cause of poor packaging) who'll do the "job".
Just cos I know I don't have to like it lol. If enough of us kick up a fuss maybe amazon will design a custom steelbook box that actually protects it.

So again I complain, via phone this time...
...and ended up giving me a full no return refund, and £30 on top.

I ended up keeping the first Thor, as it had a tiny dent and I thought **** it, I have second hand steels in worse condition.

But love them or hate them, Titans of Cult Blade runner is long out of print and the 20 copies that showed up on amazon for £54 are nothing short of a miracle, and if I am paying that much for a steelbook I expect reasonable protection and for it to not arrive in a bit of card. If it arrives damaged, it will be amazons fault that it arrived damaged and I have lost out on a very amazing deal, one I am unlikely to ever find again.

Sheldon Cooper Reaction GIF by CBS

cant believe theyre giving no return refunds for a „tiny dent“ and even 30GBP on top.. how can they survive like this lol.. certainly investing 0,20cent for proper packaging must be the better way to deal with that lol

cant believe theyre giving no return refunds for a „tiny dent“ and even 30GBP on top.. how can they survive like this lol.. certainly investing 0,20cent for proper packaging must be the better way to deal with that lol
Its likely due to it being an international delivery. But what are they gonna do with a dented steelbook. I mean amazon makes BILLIONS. They obviously do the maths and come to the conclusion that refunding is cheaper than actually packing them so they don't get damaged.

Which is fine if it is something that has stock. I get a damaged steelbook I can order a new one. But in this case this is a sold out, out of print and very expensive item, one will be impossible for me to replace should it arrive damaged.

Its likely due to it being an international delivery. But what are they gonna do with a dented steelbook. I mean amazon makes BILLIONS. They obviously do the maths and come to the conclusion that refunding is cheaper than actually packing them so they don't get damaged.

Which is fine if it is something that has stock. I get a damaged steelbook I can order a new one. But in this case this is a sold out, out of print and very expensive item, one will be impossible for me to replace should it arrive damaged.
but it was sold out regardless and you had the lucky opportunity to get one for non retail price and now you want them to do what if it arrives damaged? i dont see how they would practically owe you the difference to ebay price (what is it the ebay price anyways? italian br is selling for 54€ on ebay)? and im pretty sure they will eventually just ban you if you continue to do so, even though i somehow understand your point of view..

as for thor: yeah the second one was trash condition, it makes sense to just refund you and if they continued to send you **** until it actually sold out, i can see why they owe you a premium.. but you said the first one had a tiny dent which isnt as bad as many other steelbook you accepted in your collection… so due to that tiny dent they lost 30GBP on first delivery, 30GBP on second delivery and 30GBP as compensation… of course you want a flawless steelbook instead of one with a dent, but amazon is idiotic to handle the situation like that… they couldve sold it as used over amazon marketplace and sent you the second one with better packaging

Last edited:
but it was sold out regardless and you had the lucky opportunity to get one for non retail price and now you want them to do what if it arrives damaged? i dont see how they would practically owe you the difference to ebay price (what is it the ebay price anyways? italian br is selling for 54€ on ebay)? and im pretty sure they will eventually just ban you if you continue to do so, even though i somehow understand your point of view..

as for thor: yeah the second one was trash condition, it makes sense to just refund you and if they continued to send you **** until it actually sold out, i can see why they owe you a premium.. but you said the first one had a tiny dent which isnt as bad as many other steelbook you accepted in your collection… so due to that tiny dent they lost 30GBP on first delivery, 30GBP on second delivery and 30GBP as compensation… of course you want a flawless steelbook instead of one with a dent, but amazon is idiotic to handle the situation like that… they couldve sold it as used over amazon marketplace and sent you the second one with better packaging
The other steelbooks that were dented were second hand. There is a reason I don't buy second hand and wanting something new to arrive undented, tiny dent or not is not an unreasonable request.

It is also not unreasonable to expect a £54 steelbook to arrive not in a cardboard sleeve.

So yeah if amazon did its job and sent it with any proper protection, any protection it wouldn't be an issue. If they send me an out of print steelbook, one that I can't find anywhere but ebay and they fail to package it so it arrives undamaged they totally owe me money to find a suitable replacement.

The other steelbooks that were dented were second hand. There is a reason I don't buy second hand and wanting something new to arrive undented, tiny dent or not is not an unreasonable request.

It is also not unreasonable to expect a £54 steelbook to arrive not in a cardboard sleeve.

So yeah if amazon did its job and sent it with any proper protection, any protection it wouldn't be an issue. If they send me an out of print steelbook, one that I can't find anywhere but ebay and they fail to package it so it arrives undamaged they totally owe me money to find a suitable replacement.
if you’re fully aware of their ****** packaging and you expect it to arrive damaged, why would you even order with them? unless you just want them to fund you your ebay purchase… and then after getting that compensation for some hypothetical ebay purchase you again decide that the damage isnt so bad after all? sorry i personally think that is all rather questionable… and it doesnt sound like its about making amazon change their packaging or teach them a lesson

if you’re fully aware of their ****** packaging and you expect it to arrive damaged, why would you even order with them? unless you just want them to fund you your ebay purchase… and then after getting that compensation for some hypothetical ebay purchase you again decide that the damage isnt so bad after all? sorry i personally think that is all rather questionable… and it doesnt sound like its about making amazon change their packaging or teach them a lesson
Why? Because I found a brand new sealed Titans of Cult Blade Runner for £54 that's why.

Why? Because I found a brand new sealed Titans of Cult Blade Runner for £54 that's why.
Oh you mean the Mondo? Well the refund was in the form of a voucher. I used the first refund to actually get a new one, and it arrived totally ******. In all fairness, I order a lot of stuff and steelbooks from Amazon and that Thor mondo, inspite of the ****** protection is actually the first one to arrive damaged.

So I asked for a replacement, I was quite happy to send it back, but they just refunded it.

When the second one arrived 100 times worse I obviously complained my only request was that they somehow arrange a replacement that is packaged in a box.

They said they can't do that, and flat out told me, order one from abay, then asked me what the going rate was and I checked, and was honest. Around £40 - £50 at the time. He said he was gonna refund my initial purchase of like £29 and £20 on top, but he refunded £29 as a voucher and £29 to my card.

At that point I decided **** it. But it's not like the dent is unnoticeable. I'm not setting out to scam Amazon, I just want to complete my Mondo MCU set and the German ones are available on amazon for MSRP.

Let's find out in 3 years which one will be more valuable. The ToC is from 2019 and MantaLab was just released and there are maaaaaany copies on ebay....
the dl is already much more valuable lol

+ toc is getting reprinted
+ toc is inferior in the eyes of pretty much every collector and was only regarded that high because it was the only semi-premium steelbook edition

and i mean even if it ends up being more valuable for some obscure reason, i dont really care

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
But 'Amazon make Billions ' remember?

This thought alone speaks volumes....

Reactions: leelee17
Oh you mean the Mondo? Well the refund was in the form of a voucher. I used the first refund to actually get a new one, and it arrived totally ******. In all fairness, I order a lot of stuff and steelbooks from Amazon and that Thor mondo, inspite of the ****** protection is actually the first one to arrive damaged.

So I asked for a replacement, I was quite happy to send it back, but they just refunded it.

When the second one arrived 100 times worse I obviously complained my only request was that they somehow arrange a replacement that is packaged in a box.

They said they can't do that, and flat out told me, order one from abay, then asked me what the going rate was and I checked, and was honest. Around £40 - £50 at the time. He said he was gonna refund my initial purchase of like £29 and £20 on top, but he refunded £29 as a voucher and £29 to my card.

At that point I decided **** it. But it's not like the dent is unnoticeable. I'm not setting out to scam Amazon, I just want to complete my Mondo MCU set and the German ones are available on amazon for MSRP.
yeah, its alright.. maybe i was too harsh, sorry

Let's find out in 3 years which one will be more valuable. The ToC is from 2019 and MantaLab was just released and there are maaaaaany copies on ebay....
I definitely don't think they are worth what people charge for them on ebay. But I also don't get the extreme hate some people have for ToC either. If they just switch to a nice rigid slip they would be very nice releases. I also want to complete my Titans set, but I aint dropping £150 to do it. But absolutely I will drop £54. I don't know where the stock came from, but it is worth £54.

I definitely don't think they are worth what people charge for them on ebay. But I also don't get the extreme hate some people have for ToC either. If they just switch to a nice rigid slip they would be very nice releases. I also want to complete my Titans set, but I aint dropping £150 to do it. But absolutely I will drop £54. I don't know where the stock came from, but it is worth £54.
but its not even remotely near 150GBP… even mroe so in the future with reprints.. but here are 2 ebay listings for much less:

Blade Runner - The Final Cut - 4K ULTRA HD+ 2D Titans of Cult Blu-ray Steelbook | eBay
Blade Runner Titans of Cult 4k New and Sealed | eBay

italian ones even sell for 55GBP usually

the uk edition might be a bit higher than that but still around 100GBP bin price.. might even be cheaper if you search around.. and amazon.eu doesnt necessarily mean its going to be uk.. not at all