Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my delivery today. Not the Blade runner, that is Friday. It was 2 mondo steels and the drive 4k media book. Came in an A2 sleeve with 2 flat and a steelbook ontop of those. One of the Mondos had a nice dent dead in the middle. (on captain americas shield ironically) but as this was in the middle and not an edge I was actually able to repair it, at least to a reasonable standard. Quite honestly I should probably complain cos its still ****, but I am not a total chode.
youre perfectly in the right to complain if it arrived with a dent and **** packaging

Reactions: leelee17
Agreed. 4K looked great, but boring as sin. I hope manta's version either gets cancelled or truely looks awful. I want to not buy it, but this is manta, not toc, sooo... :whistle:
I either hope it’s cancelled or it’s incredible. Because I do buy at least one copy of each release of theirs. Can’t have a gap now and so far Imo they’ve only released 2 films I don’t like. Even though the editions came out great so that’s a plus. But yeah, with their current list I’m absolutely fine with them cancelling 2001 and matrix resurrections lol

I either hope it’s cancelled or it’s incredible. Because I do buy at least one copy of each release of theirs. Can’t have a gap now and so far Imo they’ve only released 2 films I don’t like. Even though the editions came out great so that’s a plus. But yeah, with their current list I’m absolutely fine with them cancelling 2001 and matrix resurrections lol
Resurrections was trash. Put that release in the bin. However, there's good art for it and I'll probably still buy it. More chance of that than 2001 anyway. I do have a few manta holes in my collection, because I've opted for hdz or fac instead. Also star is born and lala land, because they genuinely do not interest me what so ever.

Reactions: Flloydo
I'd have bought 2001 as well, had I actually liked the film. I buy plenty of films I don't particularly like because the steel is nice, but I genuinely cannot physically put myself through watching that film again. Not even as a lullaby. It must be an age thing, but I cannot fathom how it gets so much praise.
I think the same about many so called popular films, like Jaws, Citizen Kane, A Christmas Story, all the damn Miyazaki crap, but not 2001 - can you not appreciate how atmospheric and influential it is?

I think the same about many so called popular films, like Jaws, Citizen Kane, A Christmas Story, all the damn Miyazaki crap, but not 2001 - can you not appreciate how atmospheric and influential it is?
Yes. 2001 is not even that slow compared to the other sci-fi classic - Solaris. Both of those movies are amazing in their own way. I appreciate 2001 for technical achievements and cinematography, but I think Solaris has more atmosphere and is more for the soul.

See, you used a character from a real anime series, not whatever style of Miyazaki-san movies are - I just call them animation films.

Yes. 2001 is not even that slow compared to the other sci-fi classic - Solaris. Both of those movies are amazing in their own way. I appreciate 2001 for technical achievements and cinematography, but I think Solaris has more atmosphere and is more for the soul.
You mean the one with Clooney and the beautiful Natascha McElhone. :smuggrin:
Tarkovsky's film is exactly everything @samdavies said "2001" is, and Stalker is just Albert Pyun's Nemesis, only without androids - just some crazy bums walking around any modern day derelict Russian town. :spoil:

See, you used a character from a real anime series, not whatever style of Miyazaki-san movies are - I just call them animation films.

You mean the one with Clooney and the beautiful Natascha McElhone. :smuggrin:
Tarkovsky's film is exactly everything @samdavies said "2001" is, and Stalker is just Albert Pyun's Nemesis, only without androids - just some crazy bums walking around any modern day derelict Russian town. :spoil:
I actually enjoyed solaris. It must be an age and time thing, because 2001 just didn't do anything for me.

Reactions: Flloydo
I actually enjoyed solaris. It must be an age and time thing, because 2001 just didn't do anything for me.
Which Solaris did you enjoy? The 90-minute Clooney remake one (that I actually didn't mind) or the brilliant Tarkovsky one? I watched both 2001 and Solaris first when I was younger and liked them a lot and rewatched them when I was older and loved them. I've bought them several times over in all formats and will continue to do so. 2001 MantaLab might even be a OneClick must-have for me :naughty:
20220210-102256.jpg

I felt the same about Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now. Never knew what the hype was about. So boring...

Maybe I need to watch them again?
I get it, when you watch something too early or expecting something else and are not ready for a film at a certain time, they can come off as boring or tedious. If you liked Platoon for example and then watch Apocalypse Now afterwards, it might feel boring. Taxi Driver is a product of the 70s and might feel old fashioned nowadays, but people that are praising something like "Joker" must realize that it is almost a carbon copy of Taxi Driver. You should watch both of those again and take your time with them. If you still don't enjoy them, then maybe it just comes down to taste.

I react similarly to "Citizen Kane". I like it a lot and would love a steelbook of it, but it is more out of respect for what it accomplished and how influentual it was technically, but from a narrative standpoint I also think it is kind of boring :confused:.

I was a teenager in the '80s so that's when I was always at the movies. Platoon was great. Saw it in the theatre.

All those '60s and '70s movies I didn't see until years later, long after the '80s, so yeah not many of them are all that special to me.:LOL:

It makes a difference to me I guess if I don't see a movie in its time.

So nice to see many don't like something 'universally accepted'...
Regarding how old something is: When I was a teenager, I'd try not to watch films that are 25 years old. Now every movie from the second half of 90's is turning 25! That old original Solaris was 25 years old in 1997. Blade Runner was only from 15 years ago, when I was watching The Fifth Element, ConAir and Face/Off in theaters, instead if doing homework...
Movies from 2000s are now all older, than anything I'd watch in the 90's.

Yeah as a teenager in the '80s nobody my age was going to a video store and renting videotapes of old 1970's movies so like I said it wasn't until years later that I checked out a lot of those so called "classics". I could name a ton of them that I got around to watching eventually out of a feeling of obligation :rolleyes: but off the top of my head I can't even name anything from the 70's that I own.

OK yes I can. Star Wars, Superman, Grease, Close Encounters (which is another movie I rewatch every now and then and wonder why I don't really care for it) and I saw that one at the theatre as a kid. Jaws. Dirty Harry. Battlestar Galactica.

Anyway...

Reactions: Lenny Nero