Blade Runner - The Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 2, 2019 - June 20, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop ) - £34.99 (HMV) - £30.00 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes "Voight-Kampff" enamel badge and 2 coasters

70603409_130984624867422_6516860964280391576_n.jpg
FB_IMG_1569892592597.jpg IMG_20191025_170554.jpg 70266047_142559536999171_7024505719576050472_n.jpg 70890550_137734360846507_7576807810509067788_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely don't think they are worth what people charge for them on ebay. But I also don't get the extreme hate some people have for ToC either. If they just switch to a nice rigid slip they would be very nice releases. I also want to complete my Titans set, but I aint dropping £150 to do it. But absolutely I will drop £54. I don't know where the stock came from, but it is worth £54.
You're welcome
ToC.jpg

If they send me an out of print steelbook, one that I can't find anywhere but ebay and they fail to package it so it arrives undamaged they totally owe me money to find a suitable replacement.
No they don't.
They'll use the same packaging regardless of the availability. The last copy they have will be packaged the same as every other copy. they aren't going to give preferential treatment to an out of print item and they also aren't responsible for funding your purchase from ebay should you have to go down that route...

Reactions: hatredhorror
No they don't.
They'll use the same packaging regardless of the availability. The last copy they have will be packaged the same as every other copy. they aren't going to give preferential treatment to an out of print item and they also aren't responsible for funding your purchase from ebay should you have to go down that route...
You are really misunderstanding what I am saying. My point is that they should pack all their steelbooks so they arrive undamaged, so I shouldn't have to worry. I have an order arriving today with 2 mondos and the Drive 4k mediapack but I shouldn't have to think well if I order 3 at once maybe it will be in a box and actually arrive intact. They should arrive intact regardless of if I order 1 or 3 things.

Reactions: hatredhorror
But 'Amazon make Billions ' remember?

This thought alone speaks volumes....
Not from selling steelbooks though. They are making most of their money from hosting services, ripping off marketplace sellers and exploiting their drivers....

amazon.de used to have pretty brilliant 7"x7" boxes where the steelbook was safely secured in the middle of the box. Maybe not as good as the legendary play.com boxes with foam, but still pretty great. Those must have been too expensive though and so they went back to cardboard mailers. Quite a shame, but that being said, I didn't have a dented steelbook from amazon.de or fr. in a while. Amazon.com however is a different story :banghead:

You are really misunderstanding what I am saying. My point is that they should pack all their steelbooks so they arrive undamaged, so I shouldn't have to worry. I have an order arriving today with 2 mondos and the Drive 4k mediapack but I shouldn't have to think well if I order 3 at once maybe it will be in a box and actually arrive intact. They should arrive intact regardless of if I order 1 or 3 things.
Yes they should and I totally agree that all steelbooks should have better packaging.
This doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't expect them to compensate you if you have to go down the ebay route..
It may also be worth pointing out that you used the phrase 'if they send me an out of print steelbook, one that I can't find anywhere but ebay' that actually implies that you DO expect it to be treated preferentially with better packaging than other copies, which they aren't automatically going to do....

Like I always say, steelbooks are just 1 of millions of different items amazon sells. They aren't going to set up a policy that says "when packaging item #1,236,454 (steelbooks), always use package size #382 (steelbook protector box).

They're going to use whatever package a steelbook fits in most likely using the smallest package they can.

They're not going to have a steelbook shipping and packaging department guy named Toby who only packages and ships steelbooks and knows how to properly take care of them.

And a Tracey who only packages Funko Pops in the proper boxes and so on...:LOL:

Hasn't anybody ever worked in a warehouse for a company that sells thousands of different products?

Hasn't anybody ever watched a YouTube video of what it's like to work in an Amazon warehouse? How many items you need to pick, pack and ship in a certain amount of time? Pick rates? You don't have time to walk the 15 minutes back and forth to a bathroom to take a piss which is why employees leave piss bottles lying around at their workstations.

You can't take the time to package carefully. Those who are slow get fired. That's why there is so much turnover there.

You guys gotta give up on those "if we complain enough or return enough damages then they have to change the way they do things" dreams.

SteelBooks have been around for over 10 years now. People have been saying the same things for over 10 years now.

Have you ever seen a report from Amazon saying "Jeff Bezos is pissed about the number of steelbook refunds we're giving"?

Get your heads out of your asses. :LOL:

Like I always say, steelbooks are just 1 of millions of different items amazon sells. They aren't going to set up a policy that says "when packaging item #1,236,454 (steelbooks), always use package size #382 (steelbook protector box).

They're going to use whatever package a steelbook fits in most likely using the smallest package they can.

They're not going to have a steelbook shipping and packaging department guy named Toby who only packages and ships steelbooks and knows how to properly take care of them.

And a Tracey who only packages Funko Pops in the proper boxes and so on...:LOL:

Hasn't anybody ever worked in a warehouse for a company that sells thousands of different products?

Hasn't anybody ever watched a YouTube video of what it's like to work in an Amazon warehouse? How many items you need to pick, pack and ship in a certain amount of time? Pick rates? You don't have time to walk the 15 minutes back and forth to a bathroom to take a piss which is why employees leave piss bottles lying around at their workstations.

You can't take the time to package carefully. Those who are slow get fired. That's why there is so much turnover there.

You guys gotta give up on those "if we complain enough or return enough damages then they have to change the way they do things" dreams.

SteelBooks have been around for over 10 years now. People have been saying the same things for over 10 years now.

Have you ever seen a report from Amazon saying "Jeff Bezos is pissed about the number of steelbook refunds we're giving"?

Get your heads out of your asses. :LOL:
Good post. Which in fairness, must give credit to Zavvi where its due for their steelbook packing policy.....

The other thing to remember, not that it matters to the defiant Karens in the wild, but to company employees at places like Amazon that do the picking, packing and shipping these are MOVIES. They're not collectors items. They're not expensive items. They aren't valuable. If they think about the actual item at all they're thinking that it's a movie (a DVD disc, a blu-ray disc) and it's going to play fine no matter what they ship it in.

Oh and one other thing. That minimum wage worker doesn't give a **** if it shows up at your place damaged. They did their job picking, packing and shipping it which is what they were paid to do and that's all that their supervisor gives a **** about as well.

Add 2001 to that list. I don’t like these steels and packages but those 3 are passable and actually decent.
I'd have bought 2001 as well, had I actually liked the film. I buy plenty of films I don't particularly like because the steel is nice, but I genuinely cannot physically put myself through watching that film again. Not even as a lullaby. It must be an age thing, but I cannot fathom how it gets so much praise.

I'd have bought 2001 as well, had I actually liked the film. I buy plenty of films I don't particularly like because the steel is nice, but I genuinely cannot physically put myself through watching that film again. Not even as a lullaby. It must be an age thing, but I cannot fathom how it gets so much praise.

433q.gif

Mate I hate it too. I thought I’d get a copy to own to go with my other Kubrick films but I can’t stand it. Visually stunning but it bores me to death

This is why I don’t want manta to tackle it lol. Selfish but f**k it

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Mate I hate it too. I thought I’d get a copy to own to go with my other Kubrick films but I can’t stand it. Visually stunning but it bores me to death

This is why I don’t want manta to tackle it lol. Shellfish but f**k it
Agreed. 4K looked great, but boring as sin. I hope manta's version either gets cancelled or truely looks awful. I want to not buy it, but this is manta, not toc, sooo... :whistle:

Reactions: Flloydo
Good post. Which in fairness, must give credit to Zavvi where its due for their steelbook packing policy.....
I just got my delivery today. Not the Blade runner, that is Friday. It was 2 mondo steels and the drive 4k media book. Came in an A2 sleeve with 2 flat and a steelbook ontop of those. One of the Mondos had a nice dent dead in the middle. (on captain americas shield ironically) but as this was in the middle and not an edge I was actually able to repair it, at least to a reasonable standard. Quite honestly I should probably complain cos its still ****, but I am not a total chode.

Reactions: leelee17