Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another update from Bruce on the individual BF steels...Google translate

Bump tin and 2D Blu-ray and Hong Kong and Taiwan and other Asia-Pacific version are public version of
Bruce can provide all the world's only three tin ABC.
Meanwhile, all three have the following exclusive content Brooklyn:
1) exclusive pictures (three pictures have their particular content)
2) Exclusive paper sleeve (paper sleeve cover three different raphe form a whole pattern)
3) Exclusive Disc surface (exclusive pattern disc surface, non-plain)
4) New! ! ! ! A set of four exclusive collection of cards! !
Arrival date: Estimated mid-October

Is blufans gonna get in on this metalpak futurepak trend or are they gonna stick with steelbooks? I hope they stay clear of them, they are junk...

They stay with the steelbook. For example, Godfather trilogy is going to be a steelbook, whereas it is metalpak in other Asian releases.

With it looking extremely likely that Korea (confirmed), Taiwan and Japan will have futurepak Pacific Rim, I wonder if BluFans will give this film the BF treatment in steelbook form with exclusive slip and goodies?????

:)

Reactions: djprodikis
I read in one of the Blufans Steelbook threads (I think it was Gravity) that somebody mentioned there is going to be a Blufans The ROCK box set. Do we know if this is going to be a Steelbook or just a regular case with a slipcover & goodies etc...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Hi Kevin,

You should consider revisiting the OP as there is are some mistakes:

1) Blufans Exclusive Line:

#9 The Lone Ranger (2D+3D) (Expected release November 2013) (Embossing front artwork)release in Nov.

2) Also missing the entries for the upcoming releases like Thor 2, Gravity etc.

Looks like FROZEN is their next exclusive release.

With the current situation I'll stick with my Zavvi order for Frozen.

Thor 2 WEA though is utterly gutting. Been emailing a few eBay sellers I know to see if they will do a reasonable price unfortunately all want over £80 for a pre-order :tear: Missing this is not an option.

Last edited: