Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again we have a post of sweeping statements and thinly veiled personal attacks on other members with no basis or fact.

I have requested a mod relock this thread

It wasn't a personal attack directed at anybody, it was a generalisation of what I come on here and read every time I log in.

People that are actually looking to criticise Blufans or other retailers could be miscontrued to be placing 'thinly veiled' attacks on group buy members. I know if I was reading all this I would be thinking why did I bother.

It wasn't a personal attack directed at anybody, it was a generalisation of what I come on here and read every time I log in.

I would say this to all members, and not just to you, whenever there is disappointment, especially if one has used a large amount of funds to purchase an item such as WIR, any generalization can be taken personal or the wrong way.

And all members are in control of the culture here, not just staff or mods, so if you see a post that you think might be "iffy" or that might start a heated discussion, members can report posts or bring a mod's attention to it, and help steer the discussion in the right direction.

Members here can have as much POSITIVE impact on the forum, the culture and the overall "feel" of a place just as much as anyone else.

Here's a little REO :LOL: :hilarious:

Last edited:
I would say this to all members, and not just to you, whenever there is disappointment, especially if one has used a large amount of funds to purchase an item such as WIR, any generalization can be taken personal or the wrong way.

And all members are in control of the culture here, not just staff or mods, so if you see a post that you think might be "iffy" or that might start a heated discussion, members can report posts or bring a mod's attention to it, and help steer the discussion in the right direction.

Members here can have as much POSITIVE impact on the forum, the culture and the overall "feel" of a place just as much as anyone else.

Here's a little REO :LOL: :hilarious:

Thanks for the link, i feel calmer already ;)

I don't think anyone has a problem with constructive criticism and making things better, and most of the reason most people including myself joined was because this site is different to most in a good way.

Just seems like alot of people are happy to say thanks to anyone helping until something goes wrong - then there is no regard to what has happened before.

I will be keeping both of mine sealed as that's the way i like them :p I'm happy to pay a premium and take a risk on something that will be truly exclusive and let's face it they get it right many more times than they don't.
How long did we wait for Rio? I never received mine thanks to a RM stuff up, can't go ranting and raving about it because these things happen.

because i read it too many time now: it's BLUFANS and KIMCHI, not blusfans and kimich. ;)

Good call, sevroe! :D :hilarious:

Really though, to get on topic here. I am just kicking back and relaxing waiting to see what the final word is from blufans.

I don't see much of a point is raising stress levels of myself or anyone else by continuing to bang away at the issue day after day. Of course, I hope my WiR is flawless under it's wrapper (but impossible to tell for now as masterblaster still has mine for combination with a future forward), but if it's not, there really isn't much that complaining will get me until an official solution is given.

So, like I said, I'll just be keeping an eye out until something is decided. Hopefully the feelgood music will keep flowing until that time! :scat:

Google translate from the BF page of the Triple Version

Bruce introduced the world's only [three tin triple Version]
- three tin will be the same number
- three different exclusive cover paper sleeve (the seam to form a complete pattern)
- three exclusive content differentiated album

has there been any photos anywhere to show how blufans actually pack their "steels"
with seen photos of a lot of retailers like the amazon sites but i don't recall any pics from blufans.