Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can ensure you that there is nothing to do with the saving cost or being cheap. otherwise you don't see any value added stuffs on the release. What happened for WIR is nothing expected and predictable . In fact Blufans is trying very hard to make their every releases as the best it can be. Blufans has passed the quality issue to Scanovo for further explanation. Meantime Blufans will start the case exchanging for members who have the issues with their WIR steelbook at the end of month.

Thanks for the fast reply!

This is my first BF release and the outside seems like excellent quality so does the slip. I am keeping mine sealed for now as im afraid of whats underneath.
But I meant more so the maker of the steel I dont see why they would not try harder to monitor quality control more so on the BF releases instead of printing and re printing and printing again that has to REALLY add up $$$.

I am sorry. I hope you guys can undesrtand that. Lately, it has been really difficult to balance my family life, my regular job and this. Meanwhile, I am still here to answer your questions.

Thanks for all your efforts mate, it's amazing how easy you made it all look. Your GB's will be sorely missed.

Hopefully Blufans will be able to help with us international folk. Cheers buddy :)

its unfair to think those who want a viable solution which differs from the majority are the cause of the end of future gb's (people arent complaining, we just feel like the high dollar and wait time on this release deserves some alternative damage control from blufans and not kevin.)

I think EVERY member here respects kevin and what he has done and the help he has provided.

The issue here is were all taking aim on this thread and the retailer thread when the aim should be directed solely on blufans and their site. If this was any other retailer, they would be knee deep with angry emails from thousands of customers (zavvi and ES for example)

Last edited:
What I think blufans should do to gain any respect going forward is to hand out one sealed steelbook with no disc to each and every steelbook ordered during the entire process. That is the fairest way to do it. With the prices they charge they still made money if they had to eat the cost of empty steels to every order. At least that way it would ease any tension and you could see through the plastic wrap it was in mint condition if they just wrapped the steel in plastic with no backer cards. The amount we end user had to pay for these steels with the markeup is a lot considering they are all damaged.

I see this as no different than a replacement disc program like they did with A Trip to the Moon. They sent out discs for each and every steelbook you ordered for free.

lol printing 2000 new copies and shipping them out would leave them with massive losses.. do you REALLY think they earn that much on those steels ?

and the cost of a disc is < 1$

granted its 2000 copies of WIR, but ES did it with 500 copies from their muck up... That service right there gained considerable momentum for their company and respect. At least in my eyes they did and why im willing to pay high dollar for the upcoming release

they did so because it was a manufacturing error clearly made by scanavo and therefore ES didnt have to bear the costs

but thats not the case here and itll be a lot of trouble to find the responsible party

well then that further proves the point on why blusfans should stop dragging their feet, eat the lose and take responsibility for their own muck up...

The point im making is no one here wants to pay $60+ AND a 6 month wait time a for a damaged steelbook

its about doing the right thing. This is about blufans stepping up and showing the steelbook community why they remain top dogs. EVERY release by blufans has been top notched, no denying that and when the going is good, everything falls in place but when theres an issue that directly relates to satisfying your customers, that right their should be there number one priority

Last edited:
I am sorry. I hope you guys can undesrtand that. Lately, it has been really difficult to balance my family life, my regular job and this. Meanwhile, I am still here to answer your questions.

I've only been here a short time, but your effort have been brilliant and greatly appreciated. Many thanks

Reactions: Carlos
and those collectors out there who dont open their steels are now forced to ? thats not a solution... thats a cop out for those who can prove their steels are damaged when we all know majority already are damaged without even opening it and even more so, according to that post (it'll be limited so theres a possibility not every member will be able to part take in that "program")

Last edited:
yes, its a solution.. you dont get a replacement for something POSSIBLY damaged

like with jack reacher es, you just want a free steelbook to sell on ebay.. (of what use is an empty steelbook case anyways if youre a collector of sealed steelbooks?)

but that wont happen.. so youre likely threaten blufans to never buy a steelbook...... but that wont happen either

Reactions: Kashby
a) i never was in that gb
b) this is not about ebay and profit
c) any american company who manufacturers a defect even if a customer does not have the item open or used, will get a replacement because the company itself understands they screwed up and will not EVER fault the customer. Which is why its called customer service.

theres no point in arguing between you and I. This is not between us. I said my peace and do hope blusfans will make the right decisions. Either way, i stopped collecting steels awhile ago with the exception of blusfans, kimich and ES. After this botch, it'll probably drop lower

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlos
The moaners have worn him down, we'll done guys, endless posts and pictures of a problem everyone and his dog were well aware of even after Kevin has stated that he is working on solutions - I'd have stopped trying to help people along while ago.

Most of you wouldn't have the ability or the care to do what the bulk of all the group buy organisers do for all the worldwide releases we are lucky to get our hands on damaged or not but you all crop up on every thread whinging and moaning.
Price points, artwork, quantities released blah blah blah.

It's amazing we have anyone willing to go out on a limb to help members out - someone will reply that its not directed at bluraysteel but Blufans - but it's disrespectful and probably annoying for anyone to keep reading their hard work getting bashed page after page.

Sorry for the rant ;)

I think above posters discredit the effort Blufans put into their releases.
First of all, not every Blufans release has the same issue. Rio, Farewell and Real steel are all high quality collector items. And "Keep sealed, not to open" is not the solution for Blufans, Please be objective, Mr. Choi.

" the even worse result" is not done purposely by Blufans and no one would be stupid enough to risk the reputation to do that. In fact, Blufans is working very hard to present the best product possible. What happened to WIR is unexpected and unfortunate, and Blufans has sent the inquiry to Scanovo for further explainations. I feel the thread is derailed by some members displeasure. Like I said before, all the problems has their own solutions. And the case exchanging program is taking place near the end of month. Further details will be posted on the group buy section later on.

If you want to share some useful suggestions, please send your post to here

BTW, OZ could be the last group buy here. Thank You all for your past and future supports!

I totally agree with you, Kevin. I ordered all three WIR variants and will be happy as soon as I receive them. It really is a pity to hear that you will stop offering the Blufans GB, but I understand that it is too much work, especially under such circumstances.

Best wishes,

Michael

yes, its a solution.. you dont get a replacement for something POSSIBLY damaged

like with jack reacher es, you just want a free steelbook to sell on ebay.. (of what use is an empty steelbook case anyways if youre a collector of sealed steelbooks?)

but that wont happen.. so youre likely threaten blufans to never buy a steelbook...... but that wont happen either

Just as well manufacturers in other industries don't use your suggestion, "no we are not doing a recall and replacing the brakes on your car until you have a crash" :thumbs:

As a reminder, personal attacks will not be tolerated on this forum. If the discussion becomes heated, step away from the thread and come back later.

Members that continue to attack others will find themselves with time off from HDN.

Also, cross posting the below from the WIR thread...

apsmith21 said:
BTW, OZ could be the last group buy here. Thank You all for your past and future supports!

To clarify, OZ could be Kevin's last group buy here, not the last BluFans group buy on this forum.

I've spoken directly with the admin / owner of BluFans who has stated that is willing to work with HDN and me in the future.

How this plays out is yet to be determined, but thank you to Kevin for all his efforts on behalf of this forum to bring you guys releases that you normally wouldn't have the chance to get.

I think we've shown the potential success of any steelbook release can be impacted by members and group buy hosts here. :oohyeah:

Last edited: