Buy Link: Byzantium
Notes: 4000 qty

10830688-1373386738-426309.jpg

Attachments

• 10830688-1373386738-426309.jpg
    10830688-1373386738-426309.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 408
Last edited by a moderator:
As always, Zavvi get a bashing for StudioCanal's decision.

Evil Dead was also a matt finish with no embossing, and Universal Soldier: DOR is just pathetic. That's just the StudioCanal way generally.

Byzantium hardly performed at the cinema, so StudioCanal want some money in the bank. They know steelbooks sell regardless of overall quality so have gone for the cheapest version they can to make profit.

Zavvi have terrible customer service, high prices and lacking packaging, but I just wish people would stop bashing them for the product. Just because something is a retailer exclusive doesn't mean they have a lot of say over the product (we know Zavvi try to change things when they can).

If the Fox waves were Amazon exclusives would people say 'Amazon dropped the ball on X-Men, I'm sick of their shoddy products'? No. It would still be 'Fox dropped the ball...' etc. etc.

Except this isn't just limited to StudioCanal. I can probably count on one hand the number of Zavvi steelbooks - from any studio - that actually had a glossy finish.

Face it, Zavvi just love to flood the market with cheap, black, matte steelbooks. They've more or less killed the hobby.

Except this isn't just limited to StudioCanal. I can probably count on one hand the number of Zavvi steelbooks - from any studio - that actually had a glossy finish.

Face it, Zavvi just love to flood the market with cheap, black, matte steelbooks. They've more or less killed the hobby.

If you think Zavvi steelbooks are cheap matte steelbooks, you clearly didn't see the WB rereleases earlier this summer Wal-Mart/Target/Best Buy were slinging. Or the Universal Reel Heroes steelbooks around the same time.

I think only Watchmen had interior artwork and didn't feel like they recycled soda cans to make the covers (very thin metal)

Hate this steelbook, poor quality feels cheep, waste of £17, should be 10.99 lol, hope the film will make up for it. I will buy zavvi steelbooks once I have seen a video and photos of the actual product because lately all their steels coming with a range low to high prices and the god dam steels are all the same finish and only one disc and 2d only, so how they can justify the premium prices when there is a big fat 0 premium anything about these steels. Had enough now, think I will pick up the new ES steelbooks coming next month sound much more promising and Asian releases.

Reactions: dfoles

What like the matt black Disney titles? Or the matt black Star Trek? What about the matt black Argo and The Town? Oh wait, they were glossy and some were embossed.

Yes, they've flooded the market. But no one has to buy them all. It seems that every new releases and now most catalogue titles are getting the steelbook treatment. I'd suggest half of them are Zavvi exclusives, a quarter are non-retailer exclusives so Zavvi stock them, and the rest are HMV, Amazon and Entertainment Store.

It's the manufacturers that decide what effort they put in. Basically how much they're willing to invest in a specific title. Gloss is more, embossing more still and matt with with glossed areas even more. There's no point in offering a supposed premium finish for Byzantium (or any other StudioCanal release for that matter) as it won't increase sales.

Matt, gloss, embossed, inside art varies from title to title, studio to studio. They've nearly all done ones with a matt finish, a gloss finish, embossed etc. etc. Just look at Warner Bros...

Argo - gloss/embossed (Zavvi)
Batman - matt/no embossing (general release)
Wrath of the Titans - gloss/no embossing (HMV)
Dark Shadows - matt/gloss/no embossing (HMV)

Either way, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

WTF are zavvi on with such lame cheap finishing on NEW RELEASES? its bad enough on their overpriced budget steels :angry:

The nerve of some people.

WTF has Zavvi to do with the manufacturing of the steelbooks.
And the price? They put the price according to what the distributor sells them.

dont think its printing error

316049_original.jpg

Ok then I take it back. I am yet to see the film so I was unaware of that scene but seriously within the context it has been used the character has been cut and put onto the back and the beams are not throughout the whole frame as in your screen shot so I guess you can see where I was coming from. ;)

Reactions: dfoles
I really like the artwork :thumbs:

I have to watch the movie first and if its good movie and the price is reduce (like Rambo, I robot) i will get it. :movie: