Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive #15. :D
Drive
Release date: September
Price: TBA
Buy link: Drive - Kimchidvd Exclusive
Package detail: TBA
Artwork: TBA, Designed by Plain archive (2nd collaboration title)

Teaser image

?? -drive_teaser.jpg

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how zavvi are gonna react to this …from where i’m sitting it looks like some asian retailers are getting increasingly aggressive in how they go after zavvi’s customers… its getting really obvious now after such an obscure title as I Saw The devil “coincidently” :hilarious: gets an asian announcement like a week after zavvi’s one goes live :movie:

….a little healthy competition is always good, but it’d be nice if the asian retailers cld at least show some imagination and at least try and come up with reprints that has not already been announced by zavvi :movie:

….or even *gasp* a film that has not already been released as a steelbook :naughty:
https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Asian eTailers going after Zaavi customers is like Saks Fifth Avenue going after walmark's... :p

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Meh. I'm guessing this is not the Mondo version and that will be sold by another retailer. All of these re-releases have made me lose a little respect for Kimchi in the last few months, it feels like they have sold out.

there's always Zaavi for you... they rarely sell out. :p

I agree. They're in the sweet spot now. Release after release is coming. Their fanbase is growing and the want of the collector's too.

Drive is an example of pure marketing and business genius. They already made amazing steels, so why not just release the steel everyone wants to own.

And to top it off, the best rookies of the year (imo), Plain Archive are gonna design the whole thing.

For me, it's a win=win=win situation. I don't even care if the print run is 5000. I gotta have it and they know it. ;)

Now if they would release an exclusive poster to go with my Melancholia poster, that would be just fitting. (hint, hint, hint)

I am all out of thanks today but this post is to say thank you...;)

Asian eTailers going after Zaavi customers is like Saks Fifth Avenue going after walmark's... :p

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

there's always Zaavi for you... they rarely sell out. :p

:hilarious::naughty:

I don't think this will be as popular as their Frzoen or Iron Man releases, but I'm well in for it.

Never ordered from Kimchi before. Their preorders have a reputation for being wild.

This would go great my HMV. Love this film. Hell yeah! Take my money :LOL:

lol I'm quite happy with my HMV version and will 100% get the Mondo one, this one very much depends on the steel art itself. Slips are nice but I'm all about the metal! :scat:

Although if Choi's profile pic is any indicator, he will drive Tony nuts asking for updates to the art! :hilarious:

Never ordered from Kimchi before. Their preorders have a reputation for being wild.

just prepare to loose 2 lbs in 5 minutes....actually the 1/4 thor sold out in about 3 minutes and the Lenticular couple minutes after that... I remember I checked out at 3min and some sec and I refreshed after taking a breath and everything was sold out...Frozen, I check out, but the button to switch page from your personal info to the shipping selection page, the button bottom page to continue in the checking out process wasn't there I was freakin out !!!, had to go back, put again in my cart, try again, IT WASN'T THERE AGAIN, had to do the cart a 3rd time and this time the button to switch from personal info to the shippping selection was there but the Lenticular was sold out by this time, had to pay a huge premium to get the Lenti :( I'm so broke. and drive will drive me more broke EEK!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

dunno what my minimum credit card payment will be, I'm actually scared :ohno:

just prepare to loose 2 lbs in 5 minutes....actually the 1/4 thor sold out in about 3 minutes and the Lenticular couple minutes after that... I remember I checked out at 3min and some sec and I refreshed after taking a breath and everything was sold out...Frozen, I check out, but the button to switch page from your personal info to the shipping selection page, the button bottom page to continue in the checking out process wasn't there I was freakin out !!!, had to go back, put again in my cart, try again, IT WASN'T THERE AGAIN, had to do the cart a 3rd time and this time the button to switch from personal info to the shippping selection was there but the Lenticular was sold out by this time, had to pay a huge premium to get the Lenti :( I'm so broke. and drive will drive me more broke EEK!

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

dunno what my minimum credit card payment will be, I'm actually scared :ohno:

Marvel/Disney = Crazy buying. I can't see this one being anywhere near as bad. Hopefully a nice peaceful order this time round like Leon and all those that want one get one :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Marvel/Disney = Crazy buying. I can't see this one being anywhere near as bad. Hopefully a nice peaceful order this time round like Leon and all those that want one get one :D

that would be nice, and it's not a movie for everyone... happy it's in the vein of Sundance like movies...

but I'm telling you, when I had put my Frozen in my cart and checked out, at the bottom of my personal info(first page after the cart), the button to move on to the shipping page wasn't there... 3 times I had to redo the process with everything freezing oh thought I was gonna cry...

Last edited:
This will be my first kimchi (if I can get one) so I'll have to sign up to the website soon. I understand you pay when you order like tesco, And not like zavvi or amazon on dispatch?
I hope i have the money ready when this goes live. Hope this don't affect the possible mondo too.

I hope you're right! I'm almost having a breakdown just thinking about the possibility of missing out on this. :ohno: :p

1st of ALL

*a full Lenti slip -Golsling sitting behind the wheel, hands on wheel LENTI EFFECT /Goslings watch on the steering wheel-

*this should be amazing
*hope they use artwork of goslings scorpion jacket & gosling holding the hammer
*int art of gosling after he make the elevator kill
*hotel room reflection shot worked wonders on the HMV
*It would be an amazing feat to have Topped the HMV Drive edition, but if anyone can do it Choi & kimchidvd can. Take thor 2 for example...count me in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.