Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Kimchidvd Exclusive #15. :D
Drive
Release date: September
Price: TBA
Buy link: Drive - Kimchidvd Exclusive
Package detail: TBA
Artwork: TBA, Designed by Plain archive (2nd collaboration title)

Teaser image

?? -drive_teaser.jpg

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Last edited by a moderator:
Which they're entitled to do. The point is that the other titles I listed that are being released are certainly not so-called popular titles. If they keep mixing it up and throwing these titles in then I don't see a problem.

I never said they weren't. I was simply giving examples that demonstrate the recent trend where Kimchi are selecting titles they know will sell really well.

Reactions: lgans316
Drive has been teased from Kimchidvd since the release of Terminator 2. I don't know why so many people are complaining. Everyone knew it was going to come eventually.

A lot of the films that they release exclusives of are ones that haven't been released in Korea yet. I doubt they're too worried about what the UK released 5000+ miles away back in 2012. :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: Mokabear
Drive has been teased from Kimchidvd since the release of Terminator 2. I don't know why so many people are complaining. Everyone knew it was going to come eventually.

A lot of the films that they release exclusives of are ones that haven't been released in Korea yet. I doubt they're too worried about what the UK released 5000+ miles away back in 2012. :rolleyes:

Exactly!! Couldn't have said it better myself tridon....:thumbs: ;)

Reactions: Mokabear
I do wonder if Choi has been nagging Tony like an annoying wife for the past 6 months;

"Please please please get the rights for Drive"
"Have you secured it yet?!"
"If you don't sort this by end of today i'm not talking to you anymore"
"HAVE YOU SECURED IT YET?!"

And so on... :p

I do like the subtle method David. :D

:thumbs:

Fantastic post tridon. It gives a crystal clear perspective to the global nature of this hobby while demonstrating the myopia created by it.

I didn't know about that one either, thanks tridon! Decided to dip my toe in the Kimchi water for the first time and ordered it! :scat:
I've just done the same... ordering from them turned out to be pretty straight forward in the end. I hope they arrive to the UK both quickly and safely!

I've just done the same... ordering from them turned out to be pretty straight forward in the end. I hope they arrive to the UK both quickly and safely!

lol nice one :D

It's a great looking release and also was a bit of practice in the ordering process as well. Like you said it was pretty straight forward so I'm now slightly more confident trying to get this one! ;)

Reactions: Noodles
lol nice one :D

It's a great looking release and also was a bit of practice in the ordering process as well. Like you said it was pretty straight forward so I'm now slightly more confident trying to get this one! ;)

Haha yep, that's partly the reason why I decided to order it now... practice for when this one goes live! :thumbs:

There should be no worries of not getting a copy. I imagine its a full 3000 print run. Nothing like the 1000 we usually get from Kimchi.

I agree. They're in the sweet spot now. Release after release is coming. Their fanbase is growing and the want of the collector's too.

Drive is an example of pure marketing and business genius. They already made amazing steels, so why not just release the steel everyone wants to own.

And to top it off, the best rookies of the year (imo), Plain Archive are gonna design the whole thing.

For me, it's a win=win=win situation. I don't even care if the print run is 5000. I gotta have it and they know it. ;)

Now if they would release an exclusive poster to go with my Melancholia poster, that would be just fitting. (hint, hint, hint)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.