carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date 23.11.11 :D
Price - 699kč = 28 Euro
Purchase links: Dvdsvet (sold-out) & FilmArena (sold-out)

Official HDN video:
[media=youtube]fFbZuG2yM6Y[/media]&feature=player_embedded

Details:
Contents: 2 Blu-ray 2D / 3D.
Presentation: Steelbook
Picture: 2.35:1 1080p (High Definition).
audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 English. - Dolby Digital 5.1, Czech, Polish, Russian - Dolby Digital 2.0 Thai
Subtitles: Czech, English, Chinese, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Russian, Thai

Attachments

• shop_scr_imageCA1P73Y0.jpg
    shop_scr_imageCA1P73Y0.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
Some help here please. I don't see a thread for the CA 3D Poland version, but it looks to be identical to this Czech version, except for the language on the back of the J-card. It is also 2 disc instead of 3. I was surprised to see this Polish version was a very flimsy metal box, NOT a true steelbook. Can someone please tell me if this is the case with all of the other country releases (Japan, Germany, etc.)?

Some help here please. I don't see a thread for the CA 3D Poland version, but it looks to be identical to this Czech version, except for the language on the back of the J-card. It is also 2 disc instead of 3. I was surprised to see this Polish version was a very flimsy metal box, NOT a true steelbook. Can someone please tell me if this is the case with all of the other country releases (Japan, Germany, etc.)?

All steelbooks with heavy embossing/debossing are like that. It's easier to stamp the design into thinner metal.

Reactions: Sounder
I hate that I missed out on getting any version of this steelbook (especially one that had 3D too). Is there any way to still get one without having to pay crazy eBay prices? I just don't have that kind of cash. Guessing I'm SOL at this point.

I hate that I missed out on getting any version of this steelbook (especially one that had 3D too). Is there any way to still get one without having to pay crazy eBay prices? I just don't have that kind of cash. Guessing I'm SOL at this point.

You and I are in the same boat!
I just check the forums literally every single day hoping to see "Marvel steelbooks being reprinted!". :oohyeah:

That would make my day as both Cap and Thor are currently out of my price range.

You and I are in the same boat!
I just check the forums literally every single day hoping to see "Marvel steelbooks being reprinted!". :oohyeah:

That would make my day as both Cap and Thor are currently out of my price range.

I don't even care if it's open without J-card. I open and fully enjoy all of my steelbooks.

Knowing my luck, I'd give my left kidney to get one of these and then Zavvi would do a reprint.

All steelbooks with heavy embossing/debossing are like that. It's easier to stamp the design into thinner metal.

Thanks so much, I feel a lot better about it now. I thought that maybe I had gotten a cheaper version.

Guys, you're best off looking for a Czech / Polish / Portuguese version. They pop up on ebay all the time. I recently got my Polish for $64 USD shipped, which is good compared to what most are going for. Only difference is you only get the 3D and Blu ray... but who the hell wants a DVD anyways? It is not like any of us don't at least have a blu-ray player. :hilarious: Plus, you can see the left side of the artwork better without having a worthless disc. Oh, and the discs are a lot cooler.... solid blue and white, as opposed to clear. :thumbs:

Reactions: Jude72
Thanks so much, I feel a lot better about it now. I thought that maybe I had gotten a cheaper version.

Guys, you're best off looking for a Czech / Polish / Portuguese version. They pop up on ebay all the time. I recently got my Polish for $64 USD shipped, which is good compared to what most are going for. Only difference is you only get the 3D and Blu ray... but who the hell wants a DVD anyways? It is not like any of us don't at least have a blu-ray player. :hilarious: Plus, you can see the left side of the artwork better without having a worthless disc. Oh, and the discs are a lot cooler.... solid blue and white, as opposed to clear. :thumbs:

Thanks for this tip! After looking at all the options, I actually preferred getting a version with the 3D/2D blu-ray (I have a 3D TV and will only ever watch this in 3D). The Japanese one has a disc on the left side that covers the image and the other Euro ones had a DVD I'd have zero use for. I just managed to snag a Polish one on ebay this morning (about $70 shipped). Now the wait for it to get here. :ohno: