Captain America: Civil War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #13) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: January 27, 2017
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on December 16, 2016 at 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
Price: $49 (Individual editions) - $147 (One click)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Notes:
Total print run = 2.1K
- Full slip A : 400 copies, numbered
- Full slip B : 400 copies, numbered
- Lenticular slip : 400 copies, numbered
- One click package : 300 copies. Same number (Full slip A + Full slip B + Lenticular slip)
- Order Limit : One Click X 1
- Order Gift : Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover

Standard release thread HERE (Non Nova choice - Kimchi)
15304251_837840449653062_2808096875142595520_o.jpg 15385288_837840452986395_9015352275634012841_o.jpg 15369980_837840446319729_1973105448836428829_o.jpg
Package details
- 2D+3D (2disc)
- 28 pages booklet (English, Korean)
- 5x character card
- 2x post card
15391282_837840496319724_5147904080785244564_o.jpg
15419691_837841416319632_317632389915613045_o.jpg

Lenticular slip:
source.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be a silly question but I've actually never cancelled anything with a PayPal payment

If I cancelled do I get the full I amount I paid or will I get less because it's converting back?
If that makes any sense.

I think I'm having a blonde moment lol

Edit: actually that makes no sense because if the conversion was all of a sudden better I would get more than I paid lol and I can't see that happening so I assume I get the exact amount I paid

To me i look at it like this. I can buy it now at retail and possible pay more for it or I can always wait for ebay and constantly keep checking prices and spend endless hours and days tracking down all the different releases just to save a couple bucks here and there. If Im on a tight budget then sure it might be worth it but I certainly dont want to end up paying more down the line if it doesnt go for lower or waste my time when budget isnt a huge concern anyway.

I'm not surprised. It's a week before Christmas and this is a premium price for a WWA steel. These will be a lovely set and will sell out eventually. It's just bad timing for them

I agree bad timing from them and not steelbook dying. Four or five companies have brought out the steelbook for this already.

These would've been a lot more sought after if they didn't have the variant back covers which is the same thing Blufans did with theirs...

So it was a tough decision for me to get both Blufans and Nova knowing I would only get Cap's slip because it's his movie, I would've essentially have bought the same slips twice... I don't know I hope this is the first and last variant slips of this kind that we see out of Nova/Blufans/etc.

Only way these variant slips would work if it's exclusive to the 1-click.

Reactions: winter_soldier
Grabbed the lenti alongside Predestination fullslip A

Kinda shocked these are still in stock except for one click
Get out! Mine was the exact same order! :thumbs:

There's loads of factors why this hasn't sold out

Demand, other WEA, Christmas, price, over saturation of the same film by multiple retailers (not necessarily this film) and conversion rates for U.K. Buyers
This. Well put.
It's a combination of all this. And actually you can say, it's conversion rate for everyone besides US. If you take a look Jungle book and Suicide Squad are still in stock.

This might be a silly question but I've actually never cancelled anything with a PayPal payment

If I cancelled do I get the full I amount I paid or will I get less because it's converting back?
If that makes any sense.

Edit: actually that makes no sense because if the conversion was all of a sudden better I would get more than I paid lol and I can't see that happening so I assume I get the exact amount I paid
Yea, definitely a blonde moment there. :giggle:
You will get your full refund back :thumbs:

If that makes any sense.

When your credit card is in different currency (say, GBP) than the currency (say, USD) you made the payment in, a currency conversion always takes place for every transaction (whether it is a charge or a refund). The conversion rate used is the active rate on the transaction date.

That means that the actual refund in your credit card's currency may be more than, less than or exactly the same amount as the original charge on your credit card.

As the currency conversion rates constantly fluctuate, the refund rarely is exactly the same as the original charge.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
In a way this is karma. For the longest time Nova ignored their customers who constantly complained about problems with their website, selling out their copies mainly through group buys. Now even with group buys, they are not selling out their products like they used to. If they truly were about the customer/collector, they would be putting out more unique offerings and would have improved their website ages ago. They burned a lot of collectors out there and now they can't sell out a Marvel release like they used to be able to without blinking an eye.

In a way this is karma. For the longest time Nova ignored their customers who constantly complained about problems with their website, selling out their copies mainly through group buys. Now even with group buys, they are not selling out their products like they used to. If they truly were about the customer/collector, they would be putting out more unique offerings and would have improved their website ages ago. They burned a lot of collectors out there and now they can't sell out a Marvel release like they used to be able to without blinking an eye.

But, had their not been a BluFans edition this Nova edition would have sold out.

But, had their not been a BluFans edition this Nova edition would have sold out.
Certainly in this case of AOU, @Wreck is absolutely right. Had Nova beat BF to the punch, I'd imagine it would've sold a lot, lot better. Timings and hype play a huge part as we all know. Many have settled and quite rightly so with Blufans WEA (and for only $2 more!!! :wacky::wacky:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and harry

I agree. Then I look at Suicide Squad. Nova beat the other premium retailers to the punch and that's still in stock. Rewind a few months back with their BvS release where that sold out in a day and Nova beat the other premium retailers to the punch with that as well.

Yes, for Marvel, had Nova beat BF to the punch for CA3, all editions would probably be sold out. I do think though that because collectors have several options nowadays, people are holding out on Nova releases, knowing that BF will release a WEA product irrespective of who puts their products out first.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and harry
Maybe the choice of artwork wasn't the greatest it could be. They've literally used more or less the same selection between novamedia and Blufans.

Go back to the retro guardians poster, imax winter soldier and age of ultron art works that Nova used and they were all hits. This time round, the backs of this release and Blufans are identical, the cap slip and lenticular image for nova are virtually the same and the red nova slip is the same as the actual steelbook that blufans have already released. I think lack of variation is definitely the main factor here