Captain America: Civil War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Choice #13) [Korea]

Hooltra

The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: January 27, 2017
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on December 16, 2016 at 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
Price: $49 (Individual editions) - $147 (One click)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv
Notes:
Total print run = 2.1K
- Full slip A : 400 copies, numbered
- Full slip B : 400 copies, numbered
- Lenticular slip : 400 copies, numbered
- One click package : 300 copies. Same number (Full slip A + Full slip B + Lenticular slip)
- Order Limit : One Click X 1
- Order Gift : Pet Slip & Lenticular Magnet Spine Cover

Standard release thread HERE (Non Nova choice - Kimchi)
15304251_837840449653062_2808096875142595520_o.jpg 15385288_837840452986395_9015352275634012841_o.jpg 15369980_837840446319729_1973105448836428829_o.jpg
Package details
- 2D+3D (2disc)
- 28 pages booklet (English, Korean)
- 5x character card
- 2x post card
15391282_837840496319724_5147904080785244564_o.jpg
15419691_837841416319632_317632389915613045_o.jpg

Lenticular slip:
source.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch just saw the invoice. Wasn't expecting to pay almost the price for Blufans one click with one less steel. An extra almost $50 getting directly shipped. This set better blow my mind, and other things lol

Can i ask how much it was for a 1 click shipped directly to UK.
The spreadsheet i had in my invoice isn't complete, only has 29 names on it, how i'm meant to pay today i don't know.:wow:

I'm assuming like ant-man and ultron it'll settle around the £45 mark. I am intrigued however if this will spark a rise in people wanting nova's cap 2.

Ant-Man cost us £48-£50 via GB and AOU around £52 and both these are selling under cost currently except the odd auctions that sell for around £55-£60. So ultimately it is a loss for the sellers. This is why I had passed this set on the hope it will be available for a slightly less price in eBay. If it doesn't, never mind as I will be content with the Blufans WEA release.

Jungle Book Nova and X-Men Apolcalypse Manta are selling under cost as well.

Someone challenged me in the CA2 Kimchi thread that it will never sell for under cost price. Look at its state now.

Thanks and Regards,
Broken Record :rofl:

Ant-Man cost us £48-£50 via GB and AOU around £52 and both these are selling under cost currently except the odd auctions that sell for around £55-£60. So ultimately it is a loss for the sellers. This is why I had passed this set on the hope it will be available for a slightly less price in eBay. If it doesn't, never mind as I will be content with the Blufans WEA release.

Someone challenged me in the CA2 Kimchi thread that it will never sell for under cost price. Look at its state now.

Thanks and Regards,
Broken Record
:rofl:

:LOL::rofl::hilarious:

Thanks and Regards,
A nova / kimchi release never would have sold under retail in the early days. I think this will begin to be the end of these exclusives if they don't learn to lower the price

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm in two minds about this, I mean I'm down for BF 1-click and wd def be in for Nova's Lenti but speculating wther I shd get the 1-click instead... what'd U think guys??

Will be interesting to see how these perform on eBay UK considering the sky high prices UK people have paid.
I'm using this release as a sort of test run to compare the price of a one click on ebay already in the UK to one bought from source or a GB, joined loads of GB's recently so joining this one so close to Christmas was impossible for me...

Thanks and Regards,

Jungle book hasn't even sold out on nova site, and one of the x men on manta too.
They do need to lower their prices going forward I think.
I can only imagine uk buyers are being more careful with what they purchase considering these are roughly £10 more for us since June

Prices have risen because of conversion from £41.40 (what I paid for force awakens nova) to anything between £50-£53 depending on the conversion on the day now. That's a steep step for WWA editions being jazzed up.

I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like it personally. I try to justify it and I can with certain releases.
I don't buy one clicks but I suppose it's anything between £30 and £40 extra now for uk buyers

Me and you do sound like broken records a lot of the time when we mention conversion and the weak pound and I really do hate mentioning it but it's affecting us so much now and you can see it's affecting certain releases like you say. And I do hate mentioning it but it's a harsh fact at the moment

This is a much lower print run (lenti) to their last few releases so I imagine instead of them charging lower than $49 plus $12 shipping they will just make the print runs lower.

I bet they couldn't believe it when jungle book didn't sell out. A year ago it would of gone in seconds plus Blu fans are getting in quick now releasing their WEA packages and beauty shots not having to wait about a year after the world wide release and for the same price as nova WWA (my only grudge with Blu fans is I wish they didn't include a book with one and cards with the other - cards are cheap to make and they should include them with all editions)

Last edited:
Jungle book hasn't even sold out on nova site, and one of the x men on manta too.
I can only imagine uk buyers are being more careful with what they purchase considering these are roughly £10 more for us since June

Prices have risen because of conversion from £41.40 (what I paid for force awakens nova) to anything between £50-£53 depending on the conversion on the day now. That's a steep step for WWA editions being jazzed up.

I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like it personally. I try to justify it and I can with certain releases.
I don't buy one clicks but I suppose it's anything between £30 and £40 extra now for uk buyers

Me and you do sound like broken records a lot of the time when we mention conversion and the weak pound and I really do hate mentioning it but it's affecting us so much now and you can see it's affecting certain releases like you say. And I do hate mentioning it but it's a harsh fact at the moment

This is a much lower print run (lenti) to their last few releases so I imagine instead of them charging lower than $49 plus $12 shipping they will just make the print runs lower.

I bet they couldn't believe it when jungle book didn't sell out. A year ago it would of gone in seconds plus Blu fans are getting in quick now releasing their WEA packages and beauty shots not having to wait about a year after the world wide release and for the same price as nova WWA (my only grudge with Blu fans is I wish they didn't include a book with one and cards with the other - cards are cheap to make and they should include them with all editions)
I remember getting my Kimchidvd memento for not much more than £30. I'd have bought Jungle Book and Suicide Squad day 1 if they were that price. Kimchidvd occasionally really think outside the box. Again memento is full of extras and no package has ever justified the price more. Nova also started being really innovative with their inclusion of lenticular spines and lenticular cards (Avengers). I think we just need to see a little more of that mixed with a better price tag

I remember getting my Kimchidvd memento for not much more than £30. I'd have bought Jungle Book and Suicide Squad day 1 if they were that price. Kimchidvd occasionally really think outside the box. Again memento is full of extras and no package has ever justified the price more. Nova also started being really innovative with their inclusion of lenticular spines and lenticular cards (Avengers). I think we just need to see a little more of that mixed with a better price tag

Completely agree.
I love kimchi, prob my favourite (even though I've had some issues) and one of the best for prices and what you get too.

I did get a little annoyed when they didn't continue with the kind of extras they included with memento though with the Blu collection. And I wish they continued to think outside the box on certain releases but i can't fault editons like memento, eternal sunshine, her, whiplash, incredibles, zootopia etc
Even it follows which is one of my fav editons despite the steel QC flaws (particularly the blood swimming pool lenti is amazing)

Most of them were around the £30/£33 mark when I bought them direct (last one I paid that was either it follows or let the right one in). But again broken record and since June they are nearly £40 (spotlight) or depending on 3D (winter solder WEA or WWA collection editons like zootopia with 3D) they more than £40 now

It's affected us massively

I know how you feel mate, I'm really going to have to get on top of my finances in the new year, I love collecting but it doesn't leave much cash for anything else, I'll look at a release now and ask myself is that slip worth £15 - £20 more, the steelbooks the same in alot of cases and the extra's are nice but not a game breaker for me, so essentially I'm paying for a slip...

+1.

To the common man in the UK, inflation is up to 1.2% when compared to last year. However to the Steelbook collectors in the UK, it is up by nearly 20%. Cue the usual comments don't buy then comments lol.

I think what could solve this for UK fans, is Zavvi creating a new sub-brand in which they release kimchidvd quality packages less frequently than their usual