Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Are people actually BUYING them at the insane prices? Or are they just being LISTED at insane prices and sitting there?

People are buying them... Few listed left on buy-it-now and theres 2 that are bids and both are already nearing 60 bucks and there is still 6 days left on auction. The buy it nows are listed for over 100 bucks... insane

For those who bought it at Koreanmuse, here's how he shipped my copy of Ultron Novamedia (2 layers of bubbles + padded envelope). Result, The full slip has 2 corners and 1 edge damaged.

View attachment 331291 View attachment 331292 View attachment 331293 View attachment 331295 View attachment 331297
Holy **** what is this? :OMG: How can you ship premium releases like this? If my A2 shows up like this and has the slightest damage, I'll demand a refund ... hopefully it's fine though coz I had been looking forward to having another A2. T_T It's so much better if you have the entire picture (actually, for that I'd need 3 ... :rolleyes:)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and Radagast
People are buying them... Few listed left on buy-it-now and theres 2 that are bids and both are already nearing 60 bucks and there is still 6 days left on auction. The buy it nows are listed for over 100 bucks... insane

Sounds right for reselling. I paid $79.98 US with shipping from galaxy-estore on eBay for the A1 yesterday.

Could be people buying from eBay and reselling.

It would cost me $124.90 US with delivery on eBay from one of the members here.

I guess now I know what he meant by "Grail!!!"

• Thanks
Reactions: DarkKnight71
It would cost me $124.90 US with delivery on eBay from one of the members here.

I guess now I know what he meant by "Grail!!!"
Question now that we are talking since no body can answer me... I am selling Drive Club on PS4 for 12 bucks super cheap, but can find where I can post videogames for sale... I have my own sales thread, but can't seem to find just for games sales

Question now that we are talking since no body can answer me... I am selling Drive Club on PS4 for 12 bucks super cheap, but can find where I can post videogames for sale... I have my own sales thread, but can't seem to find just for games sales

I wish I could help but I don't know anything about the trading or selling here on HDN.

And unfortunately I don't know anything about video games.

Considering Winter Solider was the more popular and better movie, how is this the one thats harder to get hold of?

Even kimchi's Iron Man is easy to find near cost.

Hoping I can get a copy close to cost price at some point. Be gutted to never have this.

Considering Winter Solider was the more popular and better movie, how is this the one thats harder to get hold of?

Hoping I can get a copy close to cost price at some point. Be gutted to never have this.

I watched the winter soldier once and it was more than enough o_O it just felt like an Avenger Movie to me, not a Captain America movie.

Loved the first one, watched it many times and to me it is by far the better movie.
I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way, the palpable excitement the way people have been trying to obtain copies.
From my Observations, It seems only ''CA First Avenger'' Releases are able to gain and retain higher value as opposed to the 2 sequels to the Original Movie.

I watched the winter soldier once and it was more than enough o_O it just felt like an Avenger Movie to me, not a Captain America movie.

Loved the first one, watched it many times and to me it is by far the better movie.
I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way, the palpable excitement the way people have been trying to obtain copies.
From my Observations, It seems only ''CA First Avenger'' Releases are able to gain and retain higher value as opposed to the 2 sequels to the Original Movie.

IMDB ratings tell a different story - you may not be the only one who thinks so, but the majority of people believe the sequels to be superior movies to the original. Personally, Winter Soldier is my favourite of the MCU films whereas this one might be one of my least favorite. That didn't stop me from ordering one of these though...

The demand for steelbooks doesn't tell the story either. Part of that is due to the fact that there was no American regular steelbook release from a major retailer for the first movie. With shorter supply comes greater demand.

I'm assuming it's because this one hasn't had a million premium releases yet, unlike TWS. Although I don't know how many Iron Man has had since I don't collect those films. That's why I've been looking forward to this at least, the only other premium steel TFA has is the Blufans (that I'm aware of) so that's why I've been waiting eagerly for something else for it. I mean, I have the BF release, but I want more since Cap is my favourite hero.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
Winter soldier is miles ahead of this film (originally I hated this film but it grew on me after winter soldier) but yeah I reakon this was popular due to not many premiums of it and also being the first cap film

Makes me laugh when people say the solo films are like avenger films because a few characters pop up. That's what's perfect about winter soldier because it does have a few other characters (that and the whole film in general)

It's more realistic in that comic sense that these solo films features a few characters. Don't mean it's a avengers film lol.
I loved iron man 3 but what annoyed me and I found silly was it was just him (and Rhodes who's in them all anyway) straight after the first avengers film

Winter soldier is miles ahead of this film (originally I hated this film but it grew on me after winter soldier) but yeah I reakon this was popular due to not many premiums of it and also being the first cap film

I also didn't really like TFA when I first watched it, although I was biased against it since I didn't really want to watch it, but had to in order to catch up for The Avengers. I'm not a big fan of period stuff, particularly movies set during a war, so I didn't really give it a chance on my initial viewing (which was at home, not at the cinemas). But after TWS I went back and watched it again and now I love it. It's got some really great characterisation and it does an amazing job of building Steve up, and surrounds him with a brilliant supporting cast who do a great job as well.

IMDB ratings tell a different story - you may not be the only one who thinks so, but the majority of people believe the sequels to be superior movies to the original. Personally, Winter Soldier is my favourite of the MCU films whereas this one might be one of my least favorite. That didn't stop me from ordering one of these though...

The demand for steelbooks doesn't tell the story either. Part of that is due to the fact that there was no American regular steelbook release from a major retailer for the first movie. With shorter supply comes greater demand.
Good point about there being no US steel for TFA, I forgot about that since I didn't get into the MCU until after The Avengers, and then I didn't get into steelbooks until TWS was released. TWS was the first premium release I got (the Nova Choice fullslip, which is still one of my fave releases for it) because the film was so amazing, and it's still my top MCU movie even now. TFA is definitely also one of my top 5 as well, but nothing beats TWS for me.

As far as the shipping from koreanmuse goes, that's definitely a bummer it's not in a box. At least I only got the A2 from them, so it'll be harder to see any dents if any occur, due to the look of the slip. Fingers crossed it's fine though.

I also didn't really like TFA when I first watched it, although I was biased against it since I didn't really want to watch it, but had to in order to catch up for The Avengers. I'm not a big fan of period stuff, particularly movies set during a war, so I didn't really give it a chance on my initial viewing (which was at home, not at the cinemas). But after TWS I went back and watched it again and now I love it. It's got some really great characterisation and it does an amazing job of building Steve up, and surrounds him with a brilliant supporting cast who do a great job as well.

Good point about there being no US steel for TFA, I forgot about that since I didn't get into the MCU until after The Avengers, and then I didn't get into steelbooks until TWS was released. TWS was the first premium release I got (the Nova Choice fullslip, which is still one of my fave releases for it) because the film was so amazing, and it's still my top MCU movie even now. TFA is definitely also one of my top 5 as well, but nothing beats TWS for me.

As far as the shipping from koreanmuse goes, that's definitely a bummer it's not in a box. At least I only got the A2 from them, so it'll be harder to see any dents if any occur, due to the look of the slip. Fingers crossed it's fine though.

Yeah agree, my first watch I loved the whole set up of Steve and skinny Steve too lol, supporting cast are great too and I loved red skull even though he wasn't used enough but I hated that dull patch In the middle and I didn't think there was enough action. I particularly loved the scene when he transforms to cap and chases the spy but as a whole it didn't do it for me. I appreciate it more now and enjoy it but back then I thought it was awful

Koreanmuse don't ship in a box? Don't tell me that. What do they ship it in then?

• Thanks
Reactions: winter_soldier
It amazes me that people still ship in envelopes with no box. That is crazy. I would avoid anyone who ships without a box.
Freaking Amazon Germany had always shipped me steelbooks in a box. Now all of a sudden I got The Great Wall in a flimsy cardboard mailer. Two dents and a broken spine was the result.:mad:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
To me TWS is the best MCU movie so far and it'll be hard for future films to top it. It's just really damn good and I could watch it once a week and still drool aboit all the gorgeous action scenes and moves. I am also a huge fan of TFA coz that one turned me from someone who pretty much hated Captain America into a Cap fan and because it's a period piece and the cast is awesome and skinny Steve is too and Erskine and the Howlies. That being said, it was to be expected that this release is harder to get than TWS simply because there were already so many premium releases of the latter so everyone kinda already had one or two. For TFA there's only the Blufans and the Zavvi and regular releases and all of them sell for silly money and are highly sought after. Many people pretty much ignored Cap at first and it was only after TWS that they became interested and by that time it was hard for those people to get a hold of one of the TFA steels.

To me TWS is the best MCU movie so far and it'll be hard for future films to top it. It's just really damn good and I could watch it once a week and still drool aboit all the gorgeous action scenes and moves. I am also a huge fan of TFA coz that one turned me from someone who pretty much hated Captain America into a Cap fan and because it's a period piece and the cast is awesome and skinny Steve is too and Erskine and the Howlies. That being said, it was to be expected that this release is harder to get than TWS simply because there were already so many premium releases of the latter so everyone kinda already had one or two. For TFA there's only the Blufans and the Zavvi and regular releases and all of them sell for silly money and are highly sought after. Many people pretty much ignored Cap at first and it was only after TWS that they became interested and by that time it was hard for those people to get a hold of one of the TFA steels.

There's 2 zavvi editons on top of the original HMV/ WWA version. The one that came out with Thor and the lenti editon (which both use the best arts available but ruined by a matte finish)

Reactions: lgans316
There's 2 zavvi editons on top of the original HMV/ WWA version. The one that came out with Thor and the lenti editon (which both use the best arts available but ruined by a matte finish)
I know but I'm talking about premium editions which to me Zavvi aren't, Blufans is. And I for one don't think it's the best art available for this movie, but that's just my opinion. :)