Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #55) [Korea]

Which edition are you getting?

• Lenticular

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Full Slip A1

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Full Slip A2

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • One Click

Votes: 36 23.5%

• Total voters
Jun 4, 2017
Release date: August 31, 2017
Purchase links: : One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - (Pre-order August 17 at 2 PM Korea time) - All editions showing as OOS
Price: $46.99
Notes: Spot gloss with debossed title - Limited to 4000 numbered copies (Full Slip A1 1300 - Full Slip A2 1200 - Lenticular 1500)
Group Buys: hosted by cooey One Click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2

20638932_2140421422851730_8492093618141931251_n.jpg 20638168_2140421506185055_534237518305182234_n.jpg 20638843_2140421539518385_4832710646608199514_n.jpg
20732979_1604775996260503_1444291850_n.gif
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I know but I'm talking about premium editions which to me Zavvi aren't, Blufans is. And I for one don't think it's the best art available for this movie, but that's just my opinion. :)

Yeah but you said "for TFA there's only the blufans and the zavvi and the regular releases"

I was just saying there was 2 zavvi as you made it sound like 1 but used plural on the regular (I'm fully aware of what premium means and what counts as premium)

The 2 zavvi IMO use the best art but they f*cked them up with matte whereas the HMV/ WWA looks the best because of the gloss finish but it's quite a generic art (like the A1 slip on this). Still cool art, a lovely steel and generic in a good way. (I do wish the art works were swapped back to front on A1 though but I'm happy the back art is used, always liked that close up shot)

Pics of this steel are looking better now but thats mainly because kimchi literally use rocks to take their photos and videos. But the debossing looks to be the best part of this steel. That does look cool. The main thing letting this steel down is the back art but it will do

Freaking Amazon Germany had always shipped me steelbooks in a box. Now all of a sudden I got The Great Wall in a flimsy cardboard mailer. Two dents and a broken spine was the result.:mad:

I am talking about resellers who claim to be collectors. Those people should be named and shamed on here so everyone knows how they ship.

Its impossible to get a mint premium edition steelbook with slipcover when you ship in a envelope. It will get crushed 100% of the time. They have to be shipped in boxes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Gabrielyo and harry
I'm actually one of the few people who are pretty keen on the A2. I went with the A1 in the end because the slip doesn't reuse artwork from the Steelbook and I really wanted to see what they would do with the shield design that we all fell in love with from way back.

The slip has a matte finish, but it's really shiny and not in a foil kind of way. Cap's face on the back and the red parts of the shield on the front have a spot gloss. All the text on the slip is embossed.

cap01.JPG
cap02.JPG cap03.JPG cap04.JPG cap05.JPG cap06.JPG cap07.JPG cap08.JPG cap09.JPG cap10.JPG

Yeah but you said "for TFA there's only the blufans and the zavvi and the regular releases"
I was just saying there was 2 zavvi as you made it sound like 1 but used plural on the regular (I'm fully aware of what premium means and what counts as premium)
Ehm ... no I didn't.
(I feel awkward having to explain grammar on a forum about steelbooks)
"for TFA there's only the blufans and the zavvi and the regular releases"
I simply didn't feel the need to use "release" 3 times, whether as singular or plural, so I omitted it twice. XD
"... only the Blufans releases and the Zavvi releases and the regular releases" sounds awful don't you think? And considering people here know how many releases there were I was sure I didn't need to clarify. :rofl: Foolish, I know.

Woooa thanks for all the pics @Futurhythm! *_*

Reactions: Futurhythm
Great pics, thank you! @Futurhythm
I still can't get over the fact Kimchi weren't allowed to alter the image on the back side of the steelbook one bit. As someone suggested earlier in this thread, it would have looked so much better and more consistent with the image on the front side by one little bit of tweaking: just enlarge Captain America, so the ridiculous cut-off legs disappear. I can't grasp why this modification was not granted.
Apart from that, a quality package. Well done, Kimchi.

Reactions: Futurhythm
I'm assuming it's because this one hasn't had a million premium releases yet, unlike TWS. Although I don't know how many Iron Man has had since I don't collect those films. That's why I've been looking forward to this at least, the only other premium steel TFA has is the Blufans (that I'm aware of) so that's why I've been waiting eagerly for something else for it. I mean, I have the BF release, but I want more since Cap is my favourite hero.
Pretty sure there are only 2 Iron Man premiums (kimchi and cant recall the other) hence using that as comparrison.

Pretty sure there are only 2 Iron Man premiums (kimchi and cant recall the other) hence using that as comparrison.
Interesting. Since I don't keep up with IM releases at all I thought there were more since I thought I remembered seeing some comment in passing about how it had already been done to death, but I guess maybe that was just editions altogether as opposed to premiums.