Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had one problem with Zavvi. All the steelbooks I have ordered have arrived in perfect condition, even the ones in A1 cardboard envelopes. I just must be very lucky. The fact I have to wait a few days extra for Captain America matters not one iota to me.
I've never had problems either were both lucky

Lol, i won't quote you but you must be right otherwise there will be other ninjas stepping up with another release date if it was wrong, hdn is great for info. thanks again
:thumbs:

With this slight delay and the same for the jones quad steels, it makes you wonder if zavvi have over stretched their exclusive releases for the week and are having trouble packing them all up in time :happy: I'm kidding, just happy its such a short delay for all of them, no dents or spine slashes is all want:ohno:

Received the "We will be dispatching your order on 20/08/2014, please refer to the dispatch confirmation email you will receive for delivery times." on Friday, though I've only just seen it after getting back from holiday.
Oh well could be worse - at least it's not a cancellation email! At this rate it means my Amazon.de copy will arrive first (it only cost 26.99 EUR delivered, as I pre-ordered before the price hike :)) - it may even be with me tomorrow perhaps.

I've had no email at all from Zavvi, so am grateful for this forum where I was at least able to get confirmation that these will be dispatching late. To be honest, I'm not angry at Zavvi as this has helped make my mind up and I've cancelled my pre-order and opted for a North American version with the title on the spine. I truly despise these 'picture spines', so am happy to be able to get one that has writing on.

Latest reply:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us about your pre-order.

We send all pre-ordered items out as soon as we receive them into our warehouse from the manufacturers. We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we were not able to have this with you on the release date. We understand this must be both disappointing and frustrating.Once this order has been despatched we will contact you letting you know it’s on its way.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Emma

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team
"

I'm guessing it's as simple as they didn't receive the products from the manufacturers, whether from an embargo or otherwise. Although I'm glad it wasn't a major issue, it would have been made much easier for them to explain all this when it was first made aware.

Be patient guys, it'll arrive soon.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just received this email from Zavvi...
———
Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number XXXXXXX
We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 2D Version)
We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact ourcustomer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.
————

I guess it WONT be arriving on Wednesday or Thursday like we had hoped...

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187