Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had an issue with Zavvi, you guys have been using them a lot longer than I have tho. But with that being said, when can we expect to have our steels? I signed up for the group buy so I assume I have to wait for Naughtius to get them then he will ship to me? If that's the case, I guess I won't see my steel for at least 2 more weeks? Gosh, I really hope that isn't the case.

I've never had an issue with Zavvi, you guys have been using them a lot longer than I have tho. But with that being said, when can we expect to have our steels? I signed up for the group buy so I assume I have to wait for Naughtius to get them then he will ship to me? If that's the case, I guess I won't see my steel for at least 2 more weeks? Gosh, I really hope that isn't the case.

I haven't had any issues as such.

I received a Cinderella with a spine slash, but then I've also had spine slashes from Amazon, HMV and Play.
My V For Vendetta came with a dent on one corner, but then so did Brazil from Amazon.co.uk and the Spider-Man trilogy from Amazon.de.
Iron Man 3 was dispatched late, but I've had titles sent out a day or 2 after the release date from every retailer I've ever used.

Basically, it happens. However, as soon as Zavvi does one of the above, they receive a tremendous amount of vitrol that Amazon and Play never seem to. If you do speak out, you end up being 'a Zavvi defender'.

That said, their refund system is really poor and the fact you can't edit card details or addresses is something out of the dark ages.

Im sure it isnt Zavvi's fault for not getting them in time. They are the only UK retailer selling this so there is not much we can do, we just have to wait. Dont get me wrong i am dissapointed that i wont have this on release day, but im not to fussed that it will be a couple of days late. Im just glad that i managed to secure a copy of this.

Lets just all chill now and just wait. As i said, theres not much we can do. If you dont want to wait then just buy the amaray.

Whilst any delays may not be Zavvi's fault, the least they could do is keep their customers informed! Amazon seem to be able to do it, so why not Zavvi?

I've had steelbook arrive late from Amazon even though I am a prime member. Did they send me an email apologising. F**K no! Have I received steelbook with dents and spine slash from Amazon? F**K yes! So guys it's only delayed and most likely it's a supplier issue. It's not the end of the world as we know it. Learn to get some perspective.

Reactions: stigdu
I haven't had any issues as such.

I received a Cinderella with a spine slash, but then I've also had spine slashes from Amazon, HMV and Play.
My V For Vendetta came with a dent on one corner, but then so did Brazil from Amazon.co.uk and the Spider-Man trilogy from Amazon.de.
Iron Man 3 was dispatched late, but I've had titles sent out a day or 2 after the release date from every retailer I've ever used.

Basically, it happens. However, as soon as Zavvi does one of the above, they receive a tremendous amount of vitrol that Amazon and Play never seem to. If you do speak out, you end up being 'a Zavvi defender'.

That said, their refund system is really poor and the fact you can't edit card details or addresses is something out of the dark ages.

"That said, their refund system is really poor and the fact you can't edit card details or addresses is something out of the dark ages." EXACTLY!! And the fact that their Customer Services just isn't a patch on the likes of Amazon and Play, hence the vitrol that you refer to that Amazon and Play never seem to receive - they have been much better at dealing with any problems when they do occur. The manner in which a company deals with any issues can go a long way to redeeming them in the eyes of the consumer...

I've had steelbook arrive late from Amazon even though I am a prime member. Did they send me an email apologising. F**K no! Have I received steelbook with dents and spine slash from Amazon? F**K yes! So guys it's only delayed and most likely it's a supplier issue. It's not the end of the world as we know it. Learn to get some perspective.

As I state above, it's not the delay itself that bothers me, it's the lack of information from Zavvi about the delay. Their systems are just so outdated.

Yes, I have had problems with stuff from Amazon and (when they used to deliver) HMV (they sent me a damaged Amazing Spiderman 1 Steelbook back in the day). But in each case, they have been very quick to respond and send a replacement. With Zavvi, it's like pulling teeth!!

"I've had steelbook arrive late from Amazon even though I am a prime member." Was the steelbook from Amazon sent late, or received late? I'm a Prime member too, but whenever they use Royal Mail's 'guaranteed' 24hr service it always seems to take 48 hours! That's the fault of Royal Mail, not Amazon (and how would they know unless you tell them?). Whenever I receive stuff late from Amazon, I always let them know (and which carrier they used) so they can claim back from the carrier for services not rendered according their contract with them.

"That said, their refund system is really poor and the fact you can't edit card details or addresses is something out of the dark ages." EXACTLY!! And the fact that their Customer Services just isn't a patch on the likes of Amazon and Play, hence the vitrol that you refer to that Amazon and Play never seem to receive - they have been much better at dealing with any problems when they do occur. The manner in which a company deals with any issues can go a long way to redeeming them in the eyes of the consumer...

True enough.

CA: TWS isn't actually due out 'til Monday, if they post them out on Monday (which some are suggesting will happen) then technically Zavvi have followed the rules. We're just used to them sending titles out early (which still surprises some when they haven't got the money) so it's more unusual when they don't.

The only reason Zavvi sent out an email in advance is probably to prevent a stream of emails arriving on Monday asking why it hasn't been shipped.

I think you are right, the big thing is they way amazon deal with problems when they do arise.

I have had dented steeles from them in the past and not even had to return them to recieve my replacment. They get back to you quick and always have an answer.

On the other hand you have zavvi. I am still waiting on emails from them about cap and 3 indies.

How can people be blaming Zavvi for delays when its not even got to the release date yet? Plus a couple of days postage.

Life's too short for constant depressive moans ahead of a release. If you don't receive your copy within a couple of days of release nor an explanation for its delay, then you have something to moan about.

Keep smiling :)

Reactions: spiderman
I haven't had any issue
s as such.

Whilst any delays may not be Zavvi's fault, the least they could do is keep their customers informed! Amazon seem to be able to do it, so why not Zavvi?
I think you are right, the big thing is they way amazon deal with problems when they do arise.

I have had dented steeles from them in the past and not even had to return them to recieve my replacment. They get back to you quick and always have an answer.

On the other hand you have zavvi. I am still waiting on emails from them about cap and 3 indies.
from experience (and I've only been using zavvi about 18 months Vs. many years for Amazon/Play) I've had more issues with unsealed/2nd hand/returned items being shipped out too me as 'new', missing items, damaged items (both from the warehouse and in post) etc than I ever had with Amazon - there was a 6 month period where 50% of my Zavvi orders had one issue or another - I went through them all and wanted the complaints address but after going round in circles the best I got was an unbelieveable 'we'll pass your concerns on' - sure they will. That's ridiculous, no matter who you are. THEN their customer service is shocking and contradictory at best so the hate for Zavvi is more than justified IMO.

I only bother with Zavvi due to the exclusives, and would gladly pay more to order from elsewhere - I've cancelled my order for this title, and opted to pay more to import the Taiwan version instead.

those of you who have yet to suffer issues should count yourself lucky.

Reactions: AgentMcQueen
I have never had one problem with Zavvi. All the steelbooks I have ordered have arrived in perfect condition, even the ones in A1 cardboard envelopes. I just must be very lucky. The fact I have to wait a few days extra for Captain America matters not one iota to me.

I'm not too bothered that I don't have this on release day... but if it's damaged when it arrives, I won't be a happy bunny. Especially saying as though I received 3 last week, and 2 had big dents in the cases. Not good Zavvi!

I emailed zavvi under the impression it will be sent on the 20th, I believe this is a worst case scenario as I got a reply saying it will be sent out on the 18th, but who knows anymore, its like the transfer window lmao

I hope Zavvi charges upfront and ship late like the Asian retailers. The level of tolerance when it comes to UK releases seems to be little or perhaps non- existent. [emoji119]

Lol! So true, if Kimchi delay, there will be a few grumbles. Zavvi delay and we buy voodoo dolls of their CEO :D

Hi guys, what is the new date for this release, I've read that there is a delay but I can't find the new release date? :)