Cinderella (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Collection #3) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: 30th of July, 2015
Pre-order date: 8 PM, 20th of July, 2015 Korea Time - Please use the following time zone converter to find out the your local timings.
Purchase links:

Lenticular (1000 copies) SOLD OUT
Fullslip (500 copies) SOLD OUT
Price: $43.99

Notes:
Qty Limited per order: 2 copies each version
Cinderellar Pet sleeve will be given to pre order customers just like Thor 2.
Print run: 1500 copies (numbered)

WWA steelbook
14339218039782287.jpg

cinderellar Lenticular.jpg cinderellar Full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is incorrect. Same question was asked when Xmen DOFP and DoPTA movies came out. Kimchi said going forward only WEA steels will be released under Kimchi exclusive line and WWA steels under Kimchi collection.

still wondering why Kingsman was put under kimchi Exclusive when it is WWA steel so shouldn't it be under the kimchi Collection line ?

Reactions: harry
First things first, thanks for making this info available.

I'm in love with both (but I'll admit Cinderella is my bias). Based on the general opinions in this thread, do you think these will be pretty easy to get? Aside from a few Disney steelies, I'm not a big steelbook collector. But I'm a Cinderella collector.

I see that the horizontal cover isn't very popular, so I hope I don't create an angry mob by saying I really love it. Guess that just goes to show what a noob I am.

I'm in love with both (but I'll admit Cinderella is my bias). Based on the general opinions in this thread, do you think these will be pretty easy to get? Aside from a few Disney steelies, I'm not a big steelbook collector. But I'm a Cinderella collector.

I see that the horizontal cover isn't very popular, so I hope I don't create an angry mob by saying I really love it. Guess that just goes to show what a noob I am.
Angry Mob? That's not what this awesome place is about :thumbs: Everyone has their preference and their own opinion. The Ninja Spirit in these forums is to get along and have fun! :notworthy: I know we're not gonna agree on every edition that's released... but it's simple, dont like it, then dont buy it. :D But it's not right to disrespect anyone! My mother always told me, "If you dont have anything nice or helpful to say, then dont say anything at all." Dont worry about what others will say, enjoy your time here with us!

@Quasi Noob? Non-sense :stop: Hello and WELCOME to HDN buddy! :woot: :thumbs: :)

As for me, I also love the Lenti! :drool: My wife is a HUGE Cinderella fan! So I bet she would enjoy to see your Collection! ;)

I have a feeling this won't sell that fast since it is the WWA steel that it is used, same happened with Kingsman it was still in stock 30 min after it went live, sold shortly after but I don't think this would be a title that would sell out in minutes...IMO ...the packages are alright, but nothing like what they had done with Frozen, that one was wild, that sold in minutes. But this isn't Frozen and already so many country releases already for a while, I already bought my taiwan copies, so I don't see the need to dip in this release for me... Steel is growing on me, but it is not as nice as the WWA Steel of Frozen. That one was a very well designed WWA steel from Disney...I like it more and more, but it is not the most popular steel amongst collectors on here since many feel like they should have put the Back artwork as the front one... but still is lovely.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Quasi and PKAVFC
Wow that was a really nice welcome--thank you so much!!

I was worried I might be supporting something people want to outlaw (the hori lenti), but it's true, it's just personal taste.

As for the Cinderella collection, I might embarrass myself sharing it here, lol. The movie is only 4 months out, and I already have an entire room as a shrine. Okay, judge me :D

Ps, your wife has great taste!

Thanks for the input Actarus. I hope you're right. I've never ordered from Kimchi, so I may need a moment to figure it out once they go live. I also bought the Taiwan steely--received it today! But I only bought it because Asian countries got the bluray three months earlier than we're getting it and I can't wait that long. I preordered the Zavvi one too, but if it ends up being the same as the others I'll cancel (and I'm sure it will).

Thanks for the input Actarus. I hope you're right. I've never ordered from Kimchi, so I may need a moment to figure it out once they go live. I also bought the Taiwan steely--received it today! But I only bought it because Asian countries got the bluray three months earlier than we're getting it and I can't wait that long. I preordered the Zavvi one too, but if it ends up being the same as the others I'll cancel (and I'm sure it will).

I doubt that Zavvi would have a WEA (World Exclusive Artwork) meaning different artwork, they will have the same as the other countries which is the WWA Steelbook...

I would look also for the Taiwan release of This steelbook, Taiwan made a very nice Classy 1/4 slip to go with the steelbook and as per IMDB apparently the Taiwan version is not 105 minutes but Taiwan exceptionally has a run time of 114 minutes. This is suppose to be for the feature film only. I have to open my Copy and play it to see if it is correct information from IMDB. But nevertheless if you are a Fan of Cinderella, you need the Taiwan Steelbook as they have made a very Classy 1/4 Top Slip and back artwork is all written with traditional Chinese Characters, which makes it look lovely. and you also get a spine title with the 1/4 slip.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Quasi and PKAVFC

I was worried I might be supporting something people want to outlaw (the hori lenti), but it's true, it's just personal taste.

As for the Cinderella collection, I might embarrass myself sharing it here, lol. The movie is only 4 months out, and I already have an entire room as a shrine. Okay, judge me :D

@Quasi :thumbs: You're very welcome! :)

And as for your Collection, no need to be embarrassed ;) When GODZILLA 2014 was released last year, not even a week had passed by and I had already owned about a dozen items and started My Collection! :woot:

So feel free to share yours! :notworthy:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Quasi and harry

Don't worry Quasi, there are many lenti lovers here, including me. We don't discriminate when it comes to lentis. All are equally awesome and welcomed. Whether it's front, back, quarter slip, full slip, horizontal, vertical, or diagonal :D. And we will never let them be outlawed!
Also, I'm not a fan of Cinderella, but would love to see your collection. Seek out the "Community Collections" section of this forum and post it there. :)

P.S. Welcome to HDN! Have fun :thumbs:

Yeah that's the one I received today :)

It's 105 minutes though. I was disappointed when I found out since that was part of the reason I went Taiwan, but at least I knew before it shipped and didn't spend the last three weeks expecting the extended version lol. The American release will have 12 mins of additional scenes, but I don't think they'll be added to the movie itself.

This is a picture of my steely (I opened it at work because I couldn't wait another minute!!!)

That one, right?

Yes that one ! it is lovely ! but what makes you say 105 min if you didn't open it. as per jsdvd also states on the item description page that run time is 114 min...

I guess I'll know tomorrow when I open my copy, but even if it is only 105 minutes, it is still a beautiful movie...gonna watch it again soon, really enjoyed it and
I just thought the mice were the cutes thing ever

and don't feel embarrassed, I go crazy on many movie releases, Frozen was an Obsession ! People were tired at how much I was saying the 1/4 slip exclusive kimchi exclusive was the most beautiful 1/4 slip and how lovely the steel was and how the slip matched so well the steelbook :hilarious: ..oh I am gonna get it now :censored:

Reactions: Quasi
still wondering why Kingsman was put under kimchi Exclusive when it is WWA steel so shouldn't it be under the kimchi Collection line ?
That's what baffles me. Really confusing the way they are treating exclusive line vs collection.

But oh well as long as they produce good packages I am not gonna bother.

I'm so angry... As angry as my play.com horizontal Hulk steelbook!... Oh wait... :emb: :p:hulk:

Only kidding :) - Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, that's the beauty of collecting- it's personal.

As for ordering, just to be on the safe side, be there for the go live time and if your first order with Kimchi, go on a practice run to get used to the ordering system on their website. Also mark $20 Merchandise for customs.

Good luck with it and enjoy :thumbs:

Who said anything about passing on this, yes ideally a vertical lenti would've made this even more desirable but hell no I WILL be there kicking some serious ninja a$$ when it goes live, gotta keep my KimchiDVD up-to-date suckazz!! hehe both variants will be mine! KABOOOM!! :p:D;)

Don't worry Quasi, there are many lenti lovers here, including me. We don't discriminate when it comes to lentis. All are equally awesome and welcomed. Whether it's front, back, quarter slip, full slip, horizontal, vertical, or diagonal :D. And we will never let them be outlawed!

Exactly what @AlienKing said :D

I am very happy with the way both turned out, the full slip and the lenti, so will def. be getting both. Don't really care if it's horizontal or vertical or whatever. Actually, this will be my first horizontal lenti (if I manage to get one), so it's quite special to me already :D And it's Kimchi. Gotta love Kimchi :D

Welcome, @Quasi! :D

Reactions: AlienKing and harry
Just to recap: It is being released on the 20th time TBA so some of us will need to know by the 19th depending on the time
This is the 3rd KimichiDVD Collection release but will be the first with 2 separate editions.
Release is 1500 copies but were not sure how many will be Full Slip and Lenti?

Hope this turns out as nice as X-Men DOFP and DOTPOTA. They both were 700 copies wish they had just made it 1400 and split that between both editions.
Also couldn't they have easily made this one package a variety of ways?

Just to recap: It is being released on the 20th time TBA so some of us will need to know by the 19th depending on the time
This is the 3rd KimichiDVD Collection release but will be the first with 2 separate editions.
Release is 1500 copies but were not sure how many will be Full Slip and Lenti?

Hope this turns out as nice as X-Men DOFP and DOTPOTA. They both were 700 copies wish they had just made it 1400 and split that between both editions.
Also couldn't they have easily made this one package a variety of ways?
Like I have mentioned before there will be 1000 lenticular and 500 full slip

Reactions: MrsRobinson
Hey @Quasi , welcome to HDN! I see the guys have already taken care of the warm welcome part, so let me address a couple of other points. :)

Regarding your collection, you're more than welcome to post it in (click) this section so that other members can see it, plus, once it has enough "likes", you can get the Disney Award which will then show up under your profile avatar (feel free to apply/post for other collections too to get more awards).

As for ordering from Kimchi, word of advice, do a dry run (trial) before Cinderella's pre-order date. Create an account, then choose any item from their listings and add it to your cart and go through the whole process up until where you need to pay (unless you really want to buy the said item). This should give you an idea about how their site works etc...

For more info about the retailer, feel free to peruse (and ask if needed) in (click) this thread.

Good luck!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007