Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
RELEASE DATE: April 26th, 2013
PRICE: £89.99

ORDER

944x531.jpg

The Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition is now confirmed and available for pre-order.

The Collector’s Edition comes in a fancy box and contains the following:

• - Steelbook
  • - 2x DLC with alternate Character Skin & Pack of Weapon MODs
  • - bloody, hand-painted zombie bikini torso made from synthetic resin (weight 2.5 kg (~ 5.5 lbs), height 33 cm (~12.99 inch))
The Edition is exclusively sold in the UK, Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

More images:

703552_579819312032587_342416141_o-540x360.jpg

736589_579819225365929_500070646_o-540x360.jpg

736826_579819305365921_654190148_o-540x360.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks cool, but definitely an odd statue....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

This could be canceled :(
From IGN

Update:*
Deep Silver has released the following statement via*Twitter:"

We deeply apologize for any offense caused by the Dead Island Riptide “Zombie Bait Edition”, the collector’s edition announced for Europe and Australia. Like many gaming companies, Deep Silver has many offices in different countries, which is why sometimes different versions of Collector’s Editions come into being for North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.For the limited run of the Zombie Bait Edition for Europe and Australia, a decision was made to include a gruesome statue of a zombie torso, which was cut up like many of our fans had done to the undead enemies in the original Dead Island.We sincerely regret this choice. We are collecting feedback continuously from the Dead Island community, as well as the international gaming community at large, for ongoing internal meetings with Deep Silver's entire international team today. For now, we want to reiterate to the community, fans and industry how deeply sorry we are, and that we are committed to making sure this will never happen again."

We reached out to Deep Silver about whether or not this means the Zombie Bait Edition has been canceled and a representative told IGN that “discussions are ongoing as to any further decisions.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
So I'm guessing someone complained about it then. With the game having an 18 rating you'd think the people buying it would be mature enough not to take offence over something as daft as this... especially after what's actually included in the game itself! People confuse me sometimes. :p

So I'm guessing someone complained about it then. With the game having an 18 rating you'd think the people buying it would be mature enough not to take offence over something as daft as this... especially after what's actually included in the game itself! People confuse me sometimes. :p

The game is clearly for Mature/18 and someone complains about the awesomeness of this:eek::confused::eek:

Reactions: Noodles
Well there's the game's content and then there's the statue, which is something I wouldn't really like to put out on display!

My apologies in advance of my question as I have not researched much on this - what is offensive about this? The chopped up torso, the boobies, the US/UK flag themed bikini, or the fact that hardworking decent folks have to hand paint a piece of resin/plastic with fake boobs staring in their faces?

Last edited:
My apologies in advance of my question as I have not researched much on this - what is offensive about this? The chopped up torso, the boonies, the US/UK flag themed bikini, or the fact that hardworking decent folks have to hand paint a piece of resin/plastic with fake blobs staring in their faces?

I think it's a little of all:D
Maybe a parent saw this and started complaining about the huge Tetas and the whole bloody chunks of flesh missing.

I like though :D:D

Reactions: rodtp and ash333