Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,161
Last edited by a moderator:
So what do you all think to the beta? I'd say it's probably one of the best ones I've ever taken part in... it plays so smoothly and I'm yet to come across any glitches/bugs. The gameplay got boring pretty quickly imo, but that's probably because I was playing solo... and obviously it's only a beta, so there'll no doubt be a lot more to it in the full game. Everything about it looks gorgeous though, and I love how you can upgrade every part of your armor. Wish you could go back and change your character's main appearance... mine looks like some sort of gothic Final Fantasy character. :p

I only played it for 25mins my gf just had her wisdom teeth removed so I am a bit busy helping her.. :\, but I think it will be pretty awesome. The game has a ton of potential and promise to live up to. I think the foundation is there though. I can see how it could get boring pretty quick but just remember it is beta :) I will have a buddy to run around with (we usually play all and every coop game available) and I did meet a few people right off the bat that waved and followed each other around (1st strike mission).

Time will tell though and I will definitely try and be apart of this. Probably the most ambitious game franchise to come along in a while, hope it takes off because we are in dire need of a new experience in the FPS department.

Oh, perhaps on live we can get a guild or clan w/e they are in the game for HDN. I think that would be pretty cool.

Reactions: Noodles
The beta was pretty good. I've beaten all the campaign missions in hard and they were all awesome. The last Level 6 Strike Mission was a pain in the ass though as it took 1.5 hours to complete with a 3 man fire team. I am disappointed they maxed out the level at 8 but then again its a beta. I haven't come across any glitches or bugs, though I'm not a fan of the 30 fps as it does feel sort of laggy. And I am not too fond of the PVP either, but that maybe just me.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles and kron
I have 1 spare european beta code left. if anyone needs it just PM me.

Last edited:
This week’s Bungie Weekly Update reveals a lot information such as details on the Companion Ship App and answers questions Gamers asked during the launch of Destiny‘s Beta. Bungie was asked different types of questions, such as why is the level cap set to Level 8 or why aren’t players rewarded with a medal when killing someone while they are dancing in the Crucible. However, one question stood out the most.

Claude Errera asked Bungie if she was allowed to say that characters created on the PS4 are available when the same account logs in on a PS3, which Bungie replied to with:

"Your question points to a very interesting truth about how Destiny will work. As you’ve discovered, as your Guardian evolves it will be able to travel from one generation of console to the next. Just like hopping worlds, you can use the same Guardian on Next Gen and Legacy Gen consoles – so long as you stay in the same system. Ergo, you can move from PlayStation to PlayStation and from Xbox to Xbox, but not across product lines."

You read right it folks. Your Destiny guardian will be transferable cross-platform. For example, if you don’t own a next-gen console yet, but still want to play it on your PS3 or Xbox 360, you can buy your copy on either system and transfer your progress whenever you upgrade to next-gen. Of course, you can only move from PlayStation to PlayStation and from Xbox to Xbox.

This is how it will work:

"According to David Shaw, our self-professed Chief Pyrotechnical Officer, this was the plan all along, as we set out to build an adventure that would span generations. “Our service is built with flexibility in mind. As a player of Destiny, you have a Bungie account that’s bound to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, instead of a specific generation of device."

As long as you use the same Bungie account linked to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, then you can safely retrieve your guardians across your consoles.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07...-be-transferable-across-next-old-gen-systems/

An update is coming to the beta later today...

"The Iron Banner begins on Saturday, July 19th at 2pm PDT. It will remain open for two hours. Every Guardian will receive a message when the Tower doors that lead to Lord Saladin open for the first time. Every Guardian will need to be ready."

Full details and a short Q&A can be read here.

• Informative
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Both codes gone. Pm me for some xbox one codes on Wednesday or whenever it starts. :)
Two Destiny codes for ps4 in NA. I should also have two extra for xbox one when that starts up Wednesday I think. Pm me or I'll try to remember to post those when I get them.
Anyone that wants to play Destiny with me send me a friend request. My username is Outlaw420247 on ps4 and xbox one. I will be getting the last of us remastered also. :) also send me a message on here if I don't accept the friend request right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
The first 'Iron Banner' event has now been and gone. However, it will resume tonight at 7PM, as well as tomorrow 7/20 at 2PM and 7PM (PDT).

These times are ridiculous for anyone who lives outside the US... I've got to wait until 3AM here in the UK. Damn game has me hooked!

E62L-TRN7-7K6K
LEFF-TENT-BBG9
Two Destiny codes for ps4 in NA. I should also have two extra for xbox one when that starts up Wednesday I think. Pm me or I'll try to remember to post those when I get them.
Anyone that wants to play Destiny with me send me a friend request. My username is Outlaw420247 on ps4 and xbox one. I will be getting the last of us remastered also. :) also send me a message on here if I don't accept the friend request right away.
Both codes used! Thanks for this! Me and my Bro going to tear some $#!+ up!!!!

Reactions: Outlaw1986
I know it's a little cheeky but if anyone has a spare 360 beta code they could shot my way I was very much appreciate it :)

I'm in the UK if that makes a difference?

I finally got my beta code from Future Shop. I don't need my codes any longer, thanks to lukesablade. These are Playstation 4 NA Codes:
KDDM-QEN2-43F9
3RC7-39NN-DTHF
TLMB-ADN2-JKBD

Please post here if you use the codes, so others know. Thanks.

High above the City, in the Hall of Guardians, The Vanguard keep watch over Guardians in the wild, arming the best warriors with the upgraded weapons they need to destroy our most dangerous enemies.

Pre-Order Destiny to gear up for day one with early access to Vanguard weapons, gear, and a player emblem.

• Informative
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
High above the City, in the Hall of Guardians, The Vanguard keep watch over Guardians in the wild, arming the best warriors with the upgraded weapons they need to destroy our most dangerous enemies.

Pre-Order Destiny to gear up for day one with early access to Vanguard weapons, gear, and a player emblem.

I have 2 copies pre-ordered, both for PS4. One is the regular game and the other is the Ghost Edition. My ghost edition will stay sealed, for now.

I have 2 copies pre-ordered, both for PS4. One is the regular game and the other is the Ghost Edition. My ghost edition will stay sealed, for now.
I currently have two copies pre-ordered as well... the Limited Edition and the Ghost Edition. I'll obviously cancel one at some point... right now, I can't decide which to keep, but I have a feeling my wallet will eventually make that decision a lot easier for me. :ohno:

P.S. Just want to remind everyone that The Destiny beta has gone offline today while Bungie does maintenance work ahead of reopening to Xbox fans later this week. The beta comes back online for all platforms on Wednesday 23 before closing on July 27 for good. :thumbs:

I'm not in the beta on either of the next gen consoles, but i'm getting the white ps4 with destiny in september and i'm picking it up on xbox one too so i can play with all my friends lol