Gotham
Release: September 9th, 2014
Platform: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

HDN Destiny Clan: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/183825

From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty, comes Destiny, an epic adventure unlike anything players have experienced. In Destiny you are a Guardian of the last city on Earth, able to wield incredible power. Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

imagejfx.jpg

For years, the name Bungie has been synonymous with the game Halo. Yesterday, they unveiled their next massive project called Destiny. They've partnered up with activision and the game looks amazing. This will be the thread for news, photos and updates relating to the game. Enjoy!

Attachments

• destiny.jpg
    destiny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 6,161
Last edited by a moderator:
I did just test the beta on xbox one, looks really nice. But still not sure if its something im going to buy on release day. :)

Think these might work for European PS4 players only, but here's my spare beta codes:

LMD4-3PN7-7CMT
R3KL-C9NL-BQ46 (used)
DL7L-K8NM-D93Q
J7RD-ATNJ-TRQ6
7L4T-48ND-ENPE

Please "thank" this post if you use one so others know. :thumbs:

Thank you once again.

I had another friend who wanted one.

Much abliged Noodles.

If you want to add me, my PSN is the same as my forumname.

If not, it's all good ;-)

Reactions: Noodles
@AnubisNefer You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know... I've now updated my post. :thumbs:

I'll add you to PSN the next time I'm on by the way (or you can beat me to it and add me if you want - mine's the same as my forum ID too SooperNoodles). ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnubisNefer
nOOdles?

@AnubisNefer You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know... I've now updated my post. :thumbs:

I'll add you to PSN the next time I'm on by the way (or you can beat me to it and add me if you want - mine's the same as my forum ID too). ;)

Bungie just released this ;-)

@Bungie: If you've wanted to play Destiny, but didn't have a code, you're invited to the party now.

Today, at 4:00 PM PDT, we’re opening the Destiny Beta to anyone who wants to create a character and walk in their boots. There are, of course, some requirements. You’ll need to have a compatible console equipped with PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. You’ll need to be brave.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Here's an interesting part from Bungie's weekly update blog (you can read the entire thing here if you wish).

All hands on deck.

Our hope is that every moment of the Destiny Beta has been meaningful to you. For us, tomorrow is the most important moment for this test. Every single Guardian that can play is invited to a Public Event. Our shared mission will be to see how many of us can play at the same time. Only through our combined strength can we achieve victory.

Saturday, July 26th at 2:00 PM PDT.
You will need to be very brave (and perhaps a bit patient) to help us reach our goal. To help you stay focused on our objectives, we’ve given you one of your own. Everyone who makes an appearance will earn a nameplate to help you prove that you were there when the record for concurrent players was set before the launch of the game. It will help you to be a rare and unique snowflake when Destiny launches in September.

TAG.png

This is a flash mob. Set your destination. The Iron Banner will be live. The Director will still beckon with the lures we’ve littered all across Old Russia.

We’re even sending you on a new story mission. For this one, you’ll be glad you scrounged that jump drive from the wastes of the Cosmodrome. You don’t need us to tell you where you’re headed. We’ve marked it on the map since the moment when the Beta Build became a secret whispered about by only our friends and family. This new destination will be open to you for two hours.

MOON.jpg

It also looks like the tomorrow (27th) may not be your last chance to play the beta after all. In response to someone's question about when it ends, Bungie responded:

"The Destiny Beta ends when we say it ends. For days now, press releases have circulated that foretold of the end on July 27th. The Wolf, our Theoretical Physicist, has told me that he wants some room to maneuver close to the conclusion of our little social experiment. So, I’m not telling you exactly when. Please play until we nail this thing shut."

P.S. It was fun playing online with you today @Che :thumbs:

Reactions: ocielz and Che
Activision and Bungie, today confirmed millions of people played in the Destiny beta. The Destiny Beta began first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 on July 17 and came to a close Sunday evening, with 4,638,937 unique players participating.

"This is the biggest beta of this console generation by a wide margin and the largest console beta ever for a new video game IP to date," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "Hosting a beta at this scale is an incredible feat, so we're thrilled to see the phenomenal response. But the beta is just a taste of what's to come. We're counting down the days to our launch day, September 9th."

"We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta," said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. "We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we'll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch."

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Uh oh! This thing is becoming rarer than gold. :ohno:

Yeah, i almost missed out on it too. I debated it for so long as most of the Collector's Editions seem to be massively overprinted. When i saw a message from Bungie saying it was truely going to be limited, i placed my order. Wal-mart was the only online store still taking pre-orders for it at that time. So far my order from Wal-mart hasn't been cancelled, hope it keeps up.

I guess they underestimated the demand for the Ghost in the box.These adults can't get enough of their toys.

Nope, they just said it was actually going to be limited, unlike most other collector's editions.

@Sixteenvolt420 Yeah, it's great to see a "Limited Edition" that is actually limited for once. Surprisingly, I've seen people complaining that it's too limited... and these are mostly the same people that complained in the past that limited editions aren't limited enough! Thankfully, my pre-order seems to be safe with Game, but whether or not I'll still be able to afford it when it's released is a different story. :ugh:

I'm sure most of us expected this...

"Our beta characters won’t transfer to the final version of Destiny. The vaults have been cleaned out, too,” said community manager David Dague.

“What you just experienced is something we’ve been through countless times here at Bungie. We feel your pain, and then some. Making a game requires iteration and progress. When we reinvent the world where the Guardians live, sometimes we have to leave them behind.”
“Since the beta, we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game, added Bungie designer Tyson Green.

“The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”

• Informative
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
Yeah, i wish we could transfer some stuff, but i'm sure it won't take long to get what we had in the Alpha and Beta modes. I'm really hoping they add alot more loot containers.