Die Hard (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: October 15, 2013
Price: 31.99$
Print run: very limited print run like previous 100 or so.

Order links:
Kimchidvd 31.99$
K2DVD 35.99$
ksteelbook 32.99$

View attachment 47644

Picture of actual SteelBook with slipcover courtesy of teddyjun:

Aspect Ratio & Format: Widescreen 2.35:1
Language: English / Russian / Polish / Portuguese / Spanish / Thai / Czech / Chinese / Hungarian / Turkish
Sound Mix: 5.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO
Subtitles: Korean / English / Russian / Polish / Portuguese / Spanish / Thai / Czech / Chinese / Hungarian / Turkish / Romanian
Rating: 18
Region Code: A
Run Time: 132 mins
Number of discs: 1

Attachments

• die-hard-kr.png
    die-hard-kr.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
I love Kimchi, just ordered two! :oohyeah:

Plus Zaavi sucks, and theirs is Region B! ;)

It's region free, which unfortunately makes your point null. It's pretty funny that the same collectors who say Zavvi are ripping us off by charging £15 for this and other catalogue Steelbooks, are happy to pay an even higher price for a slip in that particular country's language and a piggybacked print run of one hundred copies. Weirdly that sounds familiar to a certain Play.com merchant who were widely criticised for similar practices. Nevermind :rolleyes:

This will be Region free based on the subtitles.

Korean (A) / English / Russian (C) / Polish (B) / Portuguese / Spanish / Thai / Czech (C) / Chinese (C) / Hungarian (H) / Turkish (B) / Romanian (B)

If the recent Die Hard disc released in the UK is Region locked then the UK release will be Region locked as well.

All 3 sites state region A. Just because there are variedlanguages doesnt automatically make it region free, as all these languages are used in the uk.

Reactions: Shayid
Wow, people are willing to pay more for a limited piece of paper / j-card? :hilarious:

Whats the total including shipping? Or simply pay £15.99 all inclusive to anywhere in the world with zavvi for the same thing :naughty:

Another thing, i thought this design was rubbish? I recall when zavvi announced it and most people were going nuts over the theme. Now its cool because its being released in asia :p

It's region free, which unfortunately makes your point null. It's pretty funny that the same collectors who say Zavvi are ripping us off by charging £15 for this and other catalogue Steelbooks, are happy to pay an even higher price for a slip in that particular country's language and a piggybacked print run of one hundred copies. Weirdly that sounds familiar to a certain Play.com merchant who were widely criticised for similar practices. Nevermind :rolleyes:

According to Zaavi's website theirs is Region B like most of their releases. I guess they don't know... :p

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Die Hard - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
£14.99

Save: £1.00

FREE UK Delivery on all orders

Average Rating 3
(2 Customer Review)

Qty:
Pre-Order

Availability: Preorder now .
Release Date: 08 October 2013

View All Steelbooks
View All Steelbooks
Pre-order Price Promise: Order this product with us today and if we reduce the price between taking your order and the release date, we will charge you the lower price!*terms & conditions apply
Product DetailsDescriptionDelivery & Returns
Certificate:
Actor:
Bruce Willis, Bonnie Bedelia, Reginald VelJohnson, Paul Gleason, Alan Rickman
Director:
John McTiernan

Region:
Region B

Sound Information:
Dolby Digital
Number of Discs:
Main Language:
English
Dubbing Languages:
Italian, Spanish

Subtitle Languages:
English for the Hard of Hearing, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Polish

Run Time:
127 mins approx.
Studio:
20th Century Fox
Theatrical Release Year:

Pass for me, didn't go for Zavvi's one and won't bother about this either regardless of print-run or slip.

Pass for me, didn't go for Zavvi's one and won't bother about this either regardless of print-run or slip.

I agree...passed on it completely. It would be nice to see how this looks with a slipcover. But with so many titles coming out some are just favorable over others.

I would think most on here would prefer the Zavvi one price-wise. Even if you don't have a region free player it would be cheaper to put a different disc in the steelbook than to order this import edition, which should otherwise be nearly identical (for English speakers).

"KimchiDVD Rocks!!!!!"

$24.31 USD Zaavi - Region B or whatever vs. $31.99 USD Region A KimchiDVD

I know which one I wanted... :oohyeah:

i pay $80.56 USD shipped for two.

i don't want the Zaavi release and don't mind paying more for what i want. i buy as little from Zaavi as possible.

KimchiDVD packaging can't be beat and they haven't hired a spline slasher yet... :p

you get what you pay for. ;)

unfortunately the exact same discussion/comparison between zavvi and asia always comes up as soon as there is a new asian release which also has an identical steel anywhere else:(

people who open their steelbooks to watch them always buy the non-asian release,i mean of course they do,why should they spend more for a paper slip...

but there are a LOT of "hardcore" collectors who want to have the asian stuff and keep all steelbooks sealed,they buy the more expensive versions..

i think everyone here already knows this but nothing changes:wtf:

anyways...:hilarious:

Please be reminded steelbook collectors don't all live in UK/EU. For those that live outside this region the price differential between Zavvi and Korean version is not as great as those that live in the EU region.

In addition the Korean version is guaranteed to be region A, whereas the Zavvi version is not yet confirmed to support region A.

i pay $80.56 USD shipped for two.

i don't want the Zaavi release and don't mind paying more for what i want. i buy as little from Zaavi as possible.

KimchiDVD packaging can't be beat and they haven't hired a spline slasher yet... :p

you get what you pay for. ;)

np, at least thats an argument i can understand :)

unfortunately the exact same discussion/comparison between zavvi and asia always comes up as soon as there is a new asian release which also has an identical steel anywhere else:(

people who open their steelbooks to watch them always buy the non-asian release,i mean of course they do,why should they spend more for a paper slip...

but there are a LOT of "hardcore" collectors who want to have the asian stuff and keep all steelbooks sealed,they buy the more expensive versions..

i think everyone here already knows this but nothing changes:wtf:

anyways...:hilarious:

just simple steel book envy from the peanut gallery... :p