Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-001) [Hong Kong]

Mokum

DVD? No thanks.
Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2018
Release date: September 7, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - 1/4 Slip & Lenti Magnet - Comic Full Slip (Pre-order on July 14, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $125.97 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip - Comic Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti) - $35.99 (1/4 Slip)

D9F3BCD1-D973-417A-8A6A-645BF0D03351.jpeg
7FBD4851-6638-4F25-8352-B1FCB9AD130B.jpeg
55797B3B-C847-401E-BE5D-82139DD85028.jpeg
87CF4C22-A1DB-4D9E-8018-63A0B1B4A293.jpeg
B4A79824-5042-4E47-8D63-C5CE7CEFB155.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. 4.5hrs later and the FS and 1/4 still in stock.. I wasn't expecting them to last quite that long.

I don't see the benefit in the 1/4 myself (unless you're a sealed collector), as it's only $1 less than the FS. Even if you don't like the slip that makes more sense.

The 1/4 has a lenticular magnet?

It does. That was a nice add. I'dve preferred it to be of different artwork to the front of the steel though personally.
I quite like that the magnet lenti is the same as the steel. I might even try to hunt one down at a later date (the lenti not the whole 1/4 slip). Or if the OC box lenti turns out nice maybe that instead. Just a thought for now, I’ve said the same about a few of their OC boxes and never got around to picking an empty one up

Thank god i didn't buy it when they announced it and that BF did announce premium. But if i'd go for one 1/4 is definitely my choice with that lenti magnet. :Snap:

Do you really think they got the Disney merchandise license just to do one release?

Who knows? Some expected a bloodbath. But it didn’t sell out as fast as expected. Right now FS is still available. So it doesn’t really match their standard releases which sell out in a second.
Imagine they’re producing 4000 steels of something selling so slowly. It could make them change their projects… :D:wacky::D

Yes BF are going to do several Marvel releases from the MCU and not nessisarily all newly released films. Although I wouldn’t mind a Black Widow OC!
Which is good we might get a proper IM 2, 3, Avengers, films that never got a premium releas,. I know the Nova Avengers is technically a premium but I would love to see what Blufans can do with it. But they will all be discless in BFnew discless line.

I‘m to lazy to go back and see what it’s called but sounded like there not going to do 4K or higher print runs which would be nice I want something that is actually collectible now and then. Hoping for 2K copies fingers crossed!
These will be 2K print runs btw. Also there has been a 'proper' premium release of Avengers, aside from Nova. WeET have done it recently.

Reactions: Jaxxx
These will be 2K print runs btw. Also there has been a 'proper' premium release of Avengers, aside from Nova. WeET have done it recently.
I should have just waited Blufans are doing GOTG 3, DS Multiverse, and Shang-Chi to start.
‘However the new line is just the steelbook, not sure how I feel about that. Must be some clause in the Disney deal.
This must be there way around it, I’d rather have what ML did just half as many copies, I’ll pick that up later on eBay. I’m sure you will be able to get it for same price or less.

I think it’s a mix of a few things. But mainly People aren’t happy with discless either and the price not changing by a great deal. Basically manta and blufans could destroy the premium steel game. Only time will tell but with the actors strike and probably not many new films from 2024 onwards for a while this could be the new norm with re releases and discless releases from premium outlets. Which will be horrible
Or it could make all of our long time collector's premium editions with disc inside 10 x more valuable. You already see Manta Lab's The Batman with Discs inside sells for a lot more than the disc less version. You never know. We all may be very rich one day because of this.

Or it could make all of our long time collector's premium editions with disc inside 10 x more valuable. You already see Manta Lab's The Batman with Discs inside sells for a lot more than the disc less version. You never know. We all may be very rich one day because of this.
Yeah true. Didn’t really think of that. Probably because my mind isn’t wired to the value of what I collect in the long run (not a dig at you because you mentioned it - just stating I hadn’t really thought of that) but you got a point.

Although I should be thinking about that because soon I’ll be selling one of my premiums each week just to manage my weekly food shopping lol

Yeah true. Didn’t really think of that. Probably because my mind isn’t wired to the value of what I collect in the long run (not a dig at you because you mentioned it - just stating I hadn’t really thought of that) but you got a point.

Although I should be thinking about that because soon I’ll be selling one of my premiums each week just to manage my weekly food shopping lol

Why not dealing premiums for food. I can send you French cheese for premiums. :naughty:

IMG_8814.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8814.jpeg
    IMG_8814.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Haha
Reactions: Patr0n and Flloydo
I should have just waited Blufans are doing GOTG 3, DS Multiverse, and Shang-Chi to start.
‘However the new line is just the steelbook, not sure how I feel about that. Must be some clause in the Disney deal.
This must be there way around it, I’d rather have what ML did just half as many copies, I’ll pick that up later on eBay. I’m sure you will be able to get it for same price or less.
The new line will NOT just be steelbooks. It'll follow the same format at BE, with either a DL or OC option. The difference will be these will have no discs and "premium" extras.

• Informative
Reactions: 5t33lb0y