Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Discless SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive MCP-001) [Hong Kong]

Mokum

DVD? No thanks.
Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2018
Release date: September 7, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - 1/4 Slip & Lenti Magnet - Comic Full Slip (Pre-order on July 14, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $125.97 (Box Set) - $36.99 (Full Slip - Comic Full Slip) - $37.99 (Double Lenti) - $35.99 (1/4 Slip)

D9F3BCD1-D973-417A-8A6A-645BF0D03351.jpeg
7FBD4851-6638-4F25-8352-B1FCB9AD130B.jpeg
55797B3B-C847-401E-BE5D-82139DD85028.jpeg
87CF4C22-A1DB-4D9E-8018-63A0B1B4A293.jpeg
B4A79824-5042-4E47-8D63-C5CE7CEFB155.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the group buy here with manta and aniv much expensiver as direct?

thanks for the info
I wouldn't say it was that much more expensive. The last GB was $7.50 more for the DL, and shipping should be the same as direct, plus paypal fees. So call that $1.50 on a $20 charge, that's about $9 more in total.

Reactions: nafosb
I would love a premium for this, but these prices are insane. Shazam 2 was about $50.00 more than this and it had 3 copies of the actual movie. Iger needs to get off his ass and actually follow through on Diseney’s “commitment“ to physical media (and hopefully Weet will start making these again

Reactions: yeslek
I would love a premium for this, but these prices are insane. Shazam 2 was about $50.00 more than this and it had 3 copies of the actual movie. Iger needs to get off his ass and actually follow through on Diseney’s “commitment“ to physical media (and hopefully Weet will start making these again
The physical media commitment would've been for their key markets, i.e US/UK/EU/AUS. I'd say they're unlikely to start distribution again in countries where they've purposefully stopped. Iger's priority will not be for releases like this.

The physical media commitment would've been for their key markets, i.e US/UK/EU/AUS. I'd say they're unlikely to start distribution again in countries where they've purposefully stopped. Iger's priority will not be for releases like this.
Then it’s time to move these companies to a country where physical media is supported. Paying maybe 50 less and getting no media is insane. When Aniv did the poll, I think I said 25 was the max I’d pay. These are closer to 40. I suspect they make more on these than they do on ones with media.

Then it’s time to move these companies to a country where physical media is supported. Paying maybe 50 less and getting no media is insane. When Aniv did the poll, I think I said 25 was the max I’d pay. These are closer to 40. I suspect they make more on these than they do on ones with media.
There's a reason why theses companies have always been in asia. That's not going to change because you want discs in them mate :rofl: you were dreaming if you thought these sets would ever be priced at $25. That would literally never happen.

$38 is pretty reasonable imo. The 4K amaray is $14 in the US, there's no chance this set would be priced at $52 if it included discs, so you're actually getting a better deal. Their WB titles are $54, and you don't see anyone crying about those prices. You could bet Disney would ask for a larger cut that WB as well. So there's virtually no difference in apparent margins.

Reactions: eLviS1987
$38 is pretty reasonable imo. The 4K amaray is $14 in the US, there's no chance this set would be priced at $52 if it included discs, so you're actually getting a better deal. Their WB titles are $54, and you don't see anyone crying about those prices.

All valid points.

Another fact that sometimes seem to be forgotten is the rising cost of materials for the past few years, from the metal used in the steels, to the lenticulars (quality lentis not the ones bought for a dime a dozen on eBay from China based sellers), slips, etc... It all adds up.

I've been struggling to decide which slip to go for, but just settled on the FS. The DL front would overall go better in my collection, but I've already got it on the bestbuy steel, and the back is a total joke. The white & red FS should make for a nice companion piece to my custom black & red slip/wwa combo.

There's a reason why theses companies have always been in asia. That's not going to change because you want discs in them mate :rofl: you were dreaming if you thought these sets would ever be priced at $25. That would literally never happen.

$38 is pretty reasonable imo. The 4K amaray is $14 in the US, there's no chance this set would be priced at $52 if it included discs, so you're actually getting a better deal. Their WB titles are $54, and you don't see anyone crying about those prices. You could bet Disney would ask for a larger cut that WB as well. So there's virtually no difference in apparent margins.
What can I say. I don't consider an empty box worth 38 dollars. Again, if a WB OC is only 50 more than this one, this one is overpriced. Ya'll can have it, but if this is what steels become, I'll just quit collecting them. 25 is all it's worth to me.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
What can I say. I don't consider an empty box worth 38 dollars. Again, if a WB OC is only 50 more than this one, this one is overpriced. Ya'll can have it, but if this is what steels become, I'll just quit collecting them. 25 is all it's worth to me.
I get your view, on the concept of it all.. but what you're saying is nonsensical. It isn't an empty box.. it's a premium steelbook set, simply without the discs. Which you can plainly see has been reduced accordingly, so you can buy yourself if needed.

Abstaining from buying is obviously your call, but if that's your attitude, and the deciding factor for you is that a OC has to have 3 sets of exactly the same discs, maybe the very nature of what makes these premium steelbooks, just isn't for you..

You’ll be fine. I’m pretty sure it’s their biggest release.

-800 OCs
-1250 DL & FS each
-1000 1/4 slips
&
-500 of the comic book FS
Way to many copies IMO. I didn’t like when ML went from 400,500, and now 600 on most exclusive OC Boxsets. Dune was 800 or 1,000 can’t remembe.
800 is way to many OC copies, but Zeta have gone up consistently as well. I look back 8,9 years ago Zeta only 300 of each Terminator OC, how times have changed.
Most premium retailers seem to be going the same direction.

Way to many copies IMO. I didn’t like when ML went from 400,500, and now 600 on most exclusive OC Boxsets. Dune was 800 or 1,000 can’t remembe.
800 is way to many OC copies, but Zeta have gone up consistently as well. I look back 8,9 years ago Zeta only 300 of each Terminator OC, how times have changed.
Most premium retailers seem to be going the same direction.
More copies = more money for them

Reactions: yeslek
More copies = more money for them
I think there'll be more to it than that, or manta would do a 4K run for all releases... It's likely to be a situation of their disney contract, or a higher fee will be, which they need to produce more copies of to keep the editions at a fairer price point.

I think there'll be more to it than that, or manta would do a 4K run for all releases... It's likely to be a situation of their disney contract, or a higher fee will be, which they need to produce more copies of to keep the editions at a fairer price point.
Well at that point it wouldn't be a limited run if everyone could get them, and then they also run the risk of losing money on unsold items. So I think they will continue to raise the number of copies until they see where the sold and unsold line is and then dial it back just enough.

Reactions: Lenny Nero