Pre-order link: Evil Dead 2

Same disc as reviewed by cooey HERE

FINAL_2b.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I received my copy today and thought it was in mint condition until I took off the shrink wrap and inspected the back of the steel behind the J Card. A couple somewhat minor paint chips and scratches. Looks like there is a long but very light, hardly noticeable scratch that goes up half the back of the steel. A little disappointed, but like I said in a previous post, I'll just hold onto it. Don't want to go through the hassle of returning and possibly receiving a second copy that's just as bad or worse. I hate returning things I purchase online anyways.

Mine arrived, scratched in similar places to everyone else on the back. Shame as it looked mint. Obviously a complete balls up on studio canals part here. Will defiantly think twice about ordering steelbooks from them again. Now whether to decide its worth the hassle of a return.

Reactions: TheForsaken
Received today and both had minor paint chips. Guess it can be more after they are unwrapped. This release seems to have all kind of issues...:-(

Received mine today, well, i was supposed to anyway. I opened it up and was very surprised to see it was a copy of the new Evil Dead, not Evil Dead 2! EEK!

Received mine today, well, i was supposed to anyway. I opened it up and was very surprised to see it was a copy of the new Evil Dead, not Evil Dead 2! EEK!

just curious as to if you were able to clear this matter up ? Im betting they will penalize you - the customer- again for their mistake .

They proberbly will expect you to send it back , say they never got it and then wont send out the one they should have in the first place...

Anything other then this action would really surprise me a lot , taken what they have allowed themselves to do in the past.

Let me know what they decided to do - I also have the same problem but im going this time a totally different route .....

Take caer
John

just curious as to if you were able to clear this matter up ? Im betting they will penalize you - the customer- again for their mistake .

They proberbly will expect you to send it back , say they never got it and then wont send out the one they should have in the first place...

Anything other then this action would really surprise me a lot , taken what they have allowed themselves to do in the past.

Let me know what they decided to do - I also have the same problem but im going this time a totally different route .....

Take caer
John

So I've recieved an email from Zavvi stating that they will be sending the correct one out to me today. The email didn't say anything about shipping the incorrect one back, and they haven't charged me (yet) for the replacement.....let's see what happens.

I got mine today, even though it was shipped at the same day as The Place Beyond The Pines, but that already arrived last week. I didn't notice the silver "highlights" on the chainsaw until I had it in hand. And I must say I don't really like them.
At first I thought that they were paint chips, but I guess I just didn't look at the pictures good enough. So I guess it's part of the artwork and I have to live with that, but it's no reason to send it back at all, just a little thing that curbs the enthusiasm.
But what I really don't like are scratches and paint chips on the back :angry:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 84
So.
I ordered 1 'Evil Dead 2013' and 1 'Evil Dead 2'
Received 2 'Evil Dead 2' (damaged)
Sent 1 back for a swap for 'Evil Dead 2013'
Received another 'Evil Dead 2' (damaged)
Sent the other back for a replacement
Received another damaged 'Evil Dead 2'
I gave up, sent both back for a refund.
I don't know who's fault this all is but somebody has made an almighty balls up with this one.
And the damage seems to be in the exact same place everytime.

Reactions: lolwut