• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
So.
I ordered 1 'Evil Dead 2013' and 1 'Evil Dead 2'
Received 2 'Evil Dead 2' (damaged)
Sent 1 back for a swap for 'Evil Dead 2013'
Received another 'Evil Dead 2' (damaged)
Sent the other back for a replacement
Received another damaged 'Evil Dead 2'
I gave up, sent both back for a refund.
I don't know who's fault this all is but somebody has made an almighty balls up with this one.
And the damage seems to be in the exact same place everytime.

They both begin with "E" and are both red. Plus both have the same J-Card at the top. Maybe they've been mingled together. Same thing happened to me. I am in the middle of a battle with Zavvi. I keep asking for refunds and they keep sending random replacements.

Reactions: lgans316
I must be one of the lucky ones as my Evil Dead 2 Steelbook arrived ok
only had a tiny mark on back of steelbook FIXED with sharpie pen
Looks great
Fantastic steelbook
Very Shiny and Chainsaw and Axe look cool in the light

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:
So going off what people are saying in here is it not worth bothering with a replacement!? Mine arrived with similar scratches to others (scratches and chips at the top/bottom left) of the steelbook on the back. After complaining about the first (Evil Dead 2013) those cheeky c**ts at Zavvi asked for me to provide pictures!? After the ammount of returns they must be getting do this particular item I would of thought they would have some returns policy set in place already for this almighty bollock up, guess not. I'm pretty anal about steels but at the end of the day were not paying peanuts here, paying £15.00 for something that is in limited production and receiving it damaged is just not on.

I'm annoyed that no other company can pick up these exclusives and make sure we aren't ripped off. I will still continue to order through Zavvi for this reason.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

I get that this isn't Zavvis doing (as this damage was obviously present before shrink wrapping, making it Studio Canals cock up) however it is their responsibility to find or come up with a solution, offering out of copies of a damaged item just doesn't cut it for me.

Well mine had some slight scratches but after seeing how many people have received a damaged return I decided not to bother even attempting a replacement im case I got a worse one.
Maybe I could have tried for a partial refund considering that Zavvi must know this whole line had faults.

Im hesitant to order from zavvi lately. It seems everything they send out is either scratched or dented. With that being said this steel looks pretty awesome. Crossing my fingers for an Army of Darkness steel next!

Im hesitant to order from zavvi lately. It seems everything they send out is either scratched or dented. With that being said this steel looks pretty awesome. Crossing my fingers for an Army of Darkness steel next!

Me too buddy!

I wonder if Zavvi are judging how well this sells before they consider Army Of Darkness.
I was hoping they would have announced it by now.

So with all of this being a huge cluster-f^@&, I guess i shouldn't keep my hopes up?....

After all said and done, I was happy to recieve my replacement yesterday. Actually got the correct movie, and looks to be in perfect condition.
And I got an extra SB out of it for the trouble - not charged for the replacement :D

Mine has scratches on the back, but i'm "lucky" that they aren't as strong as other members have. Will keep it... But it's really incredible that zavvi steelbooks are often not in mint condition. Kill Bill 1+2, The Evil Dead 2, Jungle Book (spine slash) etc., these were my last steelbooks with lacks. That's definetely to much!

Love those pics, especially the colour boost :)

C'mon $avvi, not often I'll ask you for a steelbook but I need Army of Darkness!!

Reactions: MaxG93