Pre-order link: Evil Dead 2

Same disc as reviewed by cooey HERE

FINAL_2b.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's annoying isn't it? And what you say seems to make perfect sense to me, but remember even with play's £9.99 price point many of those releases did not sell out before release.

What Zavvi have realised is... it is better to milk the die hard collector's like ourselves who have to have it on release. Then after they've raked some cash in - they can afford to drop the price big style to entice the more casual buyer into parting with their hard earned.

True, but this was when steels were priced like that on average for catalogue titles. If a steelbook was priced £11.99 now people would go insane with it :D

It's the glut that's causing the problem. Zavvi are releasing far too many steels and I got bit on this one so have cancelled a lot of preorders that will I assume, will eventually reach this more compelling and possibly more accurate selling price.

I will be very choosy about preorders now.

By doing this zavvi have actually peed off this customer AND lost a lot more money from cancelled items.

Reactions: jitstark
With all this price reduction talk I find myself getting slightly irked by it all. If you're not happy with the price at the point of sale then don't buy it to complain the price dropped later. This happens in every single retail sector. By this logic you should just never buy anything an wait till it shows up in the bargain bin a number of years later for 3 quid. Your pay the initial price more for the right to have it right away. And I bet a lot of you even buy straight off the bat in hopes you've cottoned on to the latest grail. And the one thing that really annoys me is that no one seems to realise or acknowledge that Zavvi are a company like any other trying to make money and 'company loyalty' does not exist any more.

£8.09?! Makes me sick that I paid £15 not so long ago

:yeahthat:

Makes you wonder why they dont start them at £10.99. More people would pre-order. Then after release date put them up to £12.99. They'd shift more of them. Instead of starting at £14.99 / £15.99 and then lowering them to this low price in a very short amount of time, probably because they're running out of space in their warehouse, because they've got more expensive steelbooks due in, that theyre not about to shift.

:)

Reactions: jitstark
:yeahthat:

Makes you wonder why they dont start them at £10.99. More people would pre-order. Then after release date put them up to £12.99. They'd shift more of them. Instead of starting at £14.99 / £15.99 and then lowering them to this low price in a very short amount of time, probably because they're running out of space in their warehouse, because they've got more expensive steelbooks due in, that theyre not about to shift.

:)

Yup, I'd buy loads more if they did this. At least that was something that Play.com did right

Reactions: rj531 and jitstark
Do people think prices go up on items?

If you buy an electrical good, do you think it increases in price after time?

if it's in demand yeah,but oldboy sold out and look how much that goes for..pretty much the same price,if not less :D same with battle royale. i dont see this rising that much. maybe a quid or two