Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well mine turned up mid week, Evri delivery, It was the day with heavy rain. Packaging was a bigger box and the bottom was soggy and open, with only the 1mm thick soggy marketing material as packaging. The delivery guy did take photo's as they claimed it was like that in the hub and feared that something else could have been in the box and fallen out. Only thing I could do was check the weight as no inventory paperwork included either. The weight on the box was 140g less that the item, so that didn't work out if any lost contents.

I've put it on the side and not checked out the CE at all for damage. Perhaps I should now I've caught up with thread.
So was everything still in the box, or did something fall out?

So was everything still in the box, or did something fall out?
No idea if it was the only item packaged up. My previous order I found in my shed nearly a week ago after I expected it, Thor Love & Thunder. I have very few Zavvi orders these days I expect it to been on it's own, but I do need to check just in case something else has indeed gone missing. The only reason this didn't fall out that it was just and only just bigger than the hole in the box. Thanks to the plastic wrapping, seems the only reason it survived.

It's a sorry state of affairs to get damaged goods whatever reason, and Evri (previously Hermes) have always been a disaster in the supply chain in the past too, just complicates matters. Feel for everyone that's experiencing it too.

This release seems to be a bit of a mixed bag regarding the issues experienced..
Inadequate packaging, quality control issues...
Same old Zavvi...
I finally managed to get a hold of zavvi on their instagram. I had been trying since Soylent Green but as I didn't have an actual urgent issue I didn't pursue them through other channels. But they responded about my issue with this. I got a 50% refund (although it hasn't come through yet) but I guess it's sold out which is why I wasn't offered a replacement. Anyway, I mentioned the packaging issue and showed them the photo from Soylent Green and he said he would mention it to the Warehouse team. For whatever that is worth, probably not a lot but there you go lol.

Reactions: leelee17
No idea if it was the only item packaged up. My previous order I found in my shed nearly a week ago after I expected it, Thor Love & Thunder. I have very few Zavvi orders these days I expect it to been on it's own, but I do need to check just in case something else has indeed gone missing. The only reason this didn't fall out that it was just and only just bigger than the hole in the box. Thanks to the plastic wrapping, seems the only reason it survived.

It's a sorry state of affairs to get damaged goods whatever reason, and Evri (previously Hermes) have always been a disaster in the supply chain in the past too, just complicates matters. Feel for everyone that's experiencing it too.
Honestly I don't know why it's so ******* hard to just put it in a box, with air bags on all sides. That would be it. The odds of things coming damaged after that would be minimal. I am sure there are people who crunch the numbers on these though. Like in Fight Club right? If the cost of changing their packaging to something that guarantees no damage is greater than the cost of replacing the things that do arrive damaged, they don't change.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
My first copy arrived attached to another parcel with a way too small elastic band which crushed the packaging and the edge of the slip but that was via Royal Mail. The second copy arrived via Evri but the issue was down to quality control.

So, 2 copies received damaged, full refund given, told me I don't need to return either, kept the better copy, put the other copy on eBay and sold it for £40....

Free copy and £40 on top!!

Honestly I don't know why it's so ******* hard to just put it in a box, with air bags on all sides. That would be it. The odds of things coming damaged after that would be minimal. I am sure there are people who crunch the numbers on these though. Like in Fight Club right? If the cost of changing their packaging to something that guarantees no damage is greater than the cost of replacing the things that do arrive damaged, they don't change.
It's an Amazon trait its all about being fast and doing the parcels as quickly as possible, better one guy doing the same amount of parcels then having to hire another and pay for 2 guys who take longer packing items for safe transport. Amazon packers are forced into hitting a certain quota per hour. It's crazy i know but its the most effective way to do things although i don't see why they literally cant take 5 more seconds to wedge the item with an air bag or scrunched up paper...lazy or cheaping out on cost of packing items tbh.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
It's an Amazon trait its all about being fast and doing the parcels as quickly as possible, better one guy doing the same amount of parcels then having to hire another and pay for 2 guys who take longer packing items for safe transport. Amazon packers are forced into hitting a certain quota per hour. It's crazy i know but its the most effective way to do things although i don't see why they literally cant take 5 more seconds to wedge the item with an air bag or scrunched up paper...lazy or cheaping out on cost of packing items tbh.
I used to work for amazon and I did exactly that job lol. Funny thing, it was about what, 10 years ago when I started. We had a trainer for a while week. And they actually used ti have really high standards for secure packaging. And bu the time I left 4 years later it had gone so down hill.

Reactions: leelee17
Still prefer the original to this. If it had been nice and glossy then could have been good, but the embossing on the original was amazing. This could have been great .......... It's just, meh. Again, the picture looks astounding, bright and colourful, but the reality a tad disappointing.

Still prefer the original to this. If it had been nice and glossy then could have been good, but the embossing on the original was amazing. This could have been great .......... It's just, meh. Again, the picture looks astounding, bright and colourful, but the reality a tad disappointing.
They always have to leave you wanting that little bit more ready for the next release.

Reactions: spookz
Has everyone got their copy yet ?
I just received my copy today. Everything looks fine - it was shipped in one of those slim wrap around mailers.

No major damage, only thing to note is a small mark on the spine, maybe from an elastic band since it did show up with another Zavvi package.

I just received my copy today. Everything looks fine - it was shipped in one of those slim wrap around mailers.

No major damage, only thing to note is a small mark on the spine, maybe from an elastic band since it did show up with another Zavvi package.
Mine still hasn't shown up yet but maybe today's the day

Reactions: JinxyKatte
I will stop buying those premium zavvi releases until they give real premium treatment to it. Slip box and steelbook have zero finish, no debossing or embossing, slip arrived with creased corners. I just can’t stand it.

View attachment 544322
View attachment 544323

View attachment 544324View attachment 544327View attachment 544326View attachment 544328
Have you been intentionally avoiding this thread cos I mean we have all known the finish of this steelbook and slip for a long time now. Surely you had to know?