snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the consequence of what i'm talking about. film makers who arent in hollywood but want that level of success/exposure essentially have to cater to the american market. who is to say that all the characters american accents were integral to the story, or merely a selling device- ie catering to the american market.

but that is why i think this film is so good, because overall, it isnt hollywood. it has hollywood production values, but the tone, the pace, the angle taken on the subject matter- not hollywood. as psychoscot said, it feels like a european film. if it was hollywood, there would have been a gun battle in the opening scenes, the research compound would have exploded and samual l jackson would have been in it.

Don't forget Nicolas Cage would have come in and saved the day!

The film was absolutely set in America. I don't think it had anything to do with catering to the American market. If Alex Garland needed to do that, he would have made a lot of other changes to the film. I think it was set in America because we have by far the highest concentration of Billionaires.. and I also think Oscar Isaac's character was based party on that of Elon Musk, who although is not American, has resided in The U.S. for over the past couple decades. Also, Domhnall Gleeson's character was from Long Island...but had a Western U.S. accent, and not a Long Island one, which i found interesting... Maybe he just lived there and was not from there, I would have to watch the film again to hear exactly what he said....

Don't forget Nicolas Cage would have come in and saved the day!

The film was absolutely set in America. I don't think it had anything to do with catering to the American market. If Alex Garland needed to do that, he would have made a lot of other changes to the film. I think it was set in America because we have by far the highest concentration of Billionaires.. and I also think Oscar Isaac's character was based party on that of Elon Musk, who although is not American, has resided in The U.S. for over the past couple decades. Also, Domhnall Gleeson's character was from Long Island...but had a Western U.S. accent, and not a Long Island one, which i found interesting... Maybe he just lived there and was not from there, I would have to watch the film again to hear exactly what he said....
It wasn't set in the US, anyone that knows Norway knows where it was set. The Norwegian landscape played a big part of the films external look which many critics commented was beautiful.

It wasn't set in the US, anyone that knows Norway knows where it was set. The Norwegian landscape played a big part of the films external look which many critics commented was beautiful.

Where a film is set, and where it is actually filmed are two different things. It's funny, I never heard any of the Lord of the Rings characters mention they were in New Zealand.

It was filmed in Norway, yes I'm aware of that. I watched the special features. But, we were lead to believe that it took place, in the film, in America. There is nothing in the film that tells us that he took a long international flight from the US to Europe. We are lead to believe his "bunker/research facility" was in the same country as where Domhnall lived and where the office was....

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Where a film is set, and where it is actually filmed are two different things. It's funny, I never heard any of the Lord of the Rings characters mention they were in New Zealand.

It was filmed in Norway, yes I'm aware of that. I watched the special features. But, we were lead to believe that it took place, in the film, in America. There is nothing in the film that tells us that he took a long international flight from the US to Europe. We are lead to believe his "bunker/research facility" was in the same country as where Domhnall lived and where the office was....
Not in the film I watched.

Reactions: Driver
I have been in Norway, climbed some mountains there many years ago, very beautiful and breathtaking. The landscape in Ex_Machina was one of the great aspects of the film also. Overall this is probably the most significant movie for me in many years and I have already seen it 3 times. It keeps rising and rising in my books and I'm sure it's gonna be one of those movies that people talk about 20 years from now. For those that hesitate getting the steelbook, I recommend to pick a copy now even though the price has doubled, it's worth it and will become the Grail :angel:

I have been in Norway, climbed some mountains there many years ago, very beautiful and breathtaking. The landscape in Ex_Machina was one of the great aspects of the film also. Overall this is probably the most significant movie for me in many years and I have already seen it 3 times. It keeps rising and rising in my books and I'm sure it's gonna be one of those movies that people talk about 20 years from now. For those that hesitate getting the steelbook, I recommend to pick a copy now even though the price has doubled, it's worth it and will become the Grail :angel:

Yep! Norway can't be substitited for anywhere else as there is nowhere like it anywhere on this planet. Europeans and some well studied Americans will instantly know where it is. Films like LOTR could have been filmed many places, Jackson just doesn't like leaving his country. New Zealand looks like many area's of Scotland, Canada, central Europe and even parts of the US. Norway on the other hand stands completely alone. The film makes no real reference to where it is set other than it was a long time travelling to get there. Education tells us he moved to the northern Norwegian landscape miles from anyone. :cool:

Reactions: spass

another Finnish Ninja ! terppa !

The steelbook of the year including the most boring sci-fi movie this year. IMO!

shame on you.

:rofl:

I personally appreciate a sci-fi movie that does not feel it has to contain any ridiculous half hour long city leveling bozo destructo action sequences. I was not bored for a single second with this movie but I'm not a youngster with ADD. I actually have the attention span of a normal adult.

Some people would rather watch another Marvel film that follows the same Hollywood formula every film. That's boring to me, no matter how many CGI explosions there are.