Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, indeed it is. They are difficult when it comes to exclusive artwork etc. Remember Interstellar? It was planned and discussed with them but it couldnt happen because they did not approve. Now with some titles coming as FAC (Shawshank Redemption) it seems like things might be changing for better. Given the fact that even with Marvel its not that easy (no Ant-Man or Avengers and Im sure FA tried negotiating for these titles) Im keeping my fingers crossed that they will come to some sort of agreement with WB. Lets think positive and maybe it will happen, you never know.
Thanks @Collector03601 for the reply, seems a no brainier for WB to work with FA due to the impressive work they do, it elevates the medium imo.
Fingers crossed for WB titles in the future.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
DEAADPOOOL :D (Give carllenc create new threads for new titles.... not like last time)

"Dear FAC collectors,

we have prepared an indicative list of titles for FAC 2016:

FAC #?? LOVE, ROSIE
FAC #?? MAZE RUNNER: THE SCORCH TRIALS
FAC #?? STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
FAC #?? DREDD
FAC #?? SABOTAGE
FAC #?? THE FANTASTIC 4
FAC #?? CRIMSON PEAK
FAC #?? SICARIO
FAC #?? SPECTRE
FAC #?? HITMAN: AGENT 47
FAC #?? BRIDGE OF SPIES
FAC #?? REVENANT
FAC #?? THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
FAC #?? 13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI
FAC #?? MINIONS
FAC #?? CHILD 44
FAC #?? UNBROKEN
FAC #?? DEADPOOL
FAC #?? JURASSIC PARK 1 - 3
FAC #?? X-MEN 1 - 6

Please note that the list may change over time depending on various factors. Some titles will be added, as soon as they are confirmed.

Thanks for your support.
HC for FA Team"

DEAADPOOOL :D (Give carllenc create new threads for new titles.... not like last time)

"Dear FAC collectors,

we have prepared an indicative list of titles for FAC 2016:

FAC #?? LOVE, ROSIE
FAC #?? MAZE RUNNER: THE SCORCH TRIALS
FAC #?? STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
FAC #?? DREDD
FAC #?? SABOTAGE
FAC #?? THE FANTASTIC 4
FAC #?? CRIMSON PEAK
FAC #?? SICARIO
FAC #?? SPECTRE
FAC #?? HITMAN: AGENT 47
FAC #?? BRIDGE OF SPIES
FAC #?? REVENANT
FAC #?? THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
FAC #?? 13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI
FAC #?? MINIONS
FAC #?? CHILD 44
FAC #?? UNBROKEN
FAC #?? DEADPOOL
FAC #?? JURASSIC PARK 1 - 3
FAC #?? X-MEN 1 - 6

Please note that the list may change over time depending on various factors. Some titles will be added, as soon as they are confirmed.

Thanks for your support.
HC for FA Team"
Terminator 2 is missing @cooey @Mickle_89 :ohno:
lNMyVfxjfzIJO.gif

Reactions: Mickle_89
So I am trying to buy something from FilmArena and they just sent me an invoice for FAC Looper but shipping charges are very high like 599czk which itself is more than steelbook. Is there any to select lower shipping option?

I think FA beginning to promise but can't honours the release : I missed The Martian numbered GB , can't buy on store because my collectible number is over 1000 , they wrote other copies will be available today at 20.00 (confirmed by mail also) . At 20.00 I check buy button but answer is not available , you can signed for reserve list . Are they confused ? :box:

I think FA beginning to promise but can't honours the release : I missed The Martian numbered GB , can't buy on store because my collectible number is over 1000 , they wrote other copies will be available today at 20.00 (confirmed by mail also) . At 20.00 I check buy button but answer is not available , you can signed for reserve list . Are they confused ? :box:
You probably just missed it, pre-order for the few remaining copies was almost an hour ago and sold extremely quickly.

So the truth is out there , I was not conviced by what happened with 2 last FAC release (GB hosted for a little time , numbered and unnambered , no mail to confirm collectible number) so by a tour on web (no need genius) I discovered they sell to third parts in advance to start pre-order so sold-out is guaranteed. I can't post pics obviously but you can find on web the sad reality. I think they are definitively for business only . Want they stop us to collect their release ?
It 'a shame that their original policy has changed. This is very frustrating for a collector. I'm not rich , till today FAC release had a good price but I can't buy from third parts an item sold by FA at xxx and reselled at xxx + 20% or more . FA has the monopoly in Europe and business is business .

Good night and good luck

• Helpful Post
Reactions: nantuko
@bobino66 People who registered their interest in collecting their releases by applying for a collectable number on their site when FilmArena were first starting out always get first refusal on releases provided their collectable number is within the print run. I'm not sure if you can still get a collectable number, but you could try going here and clicking the button at the bottom of the page to see if you can register for one that you could use for future releases with bigger print runs.

In addition, FilmArena have always provided @carllenc with guaranteed quantities in advance for his group buys here and they also partnered with a few other retailers in some other EU countries too and at the end of the day it's good business for them to do this because it means guaranteed sales.

With The Martian almost half of the steelbooks they received were damaged and they couldn't get them replaced in time for the release so had to massively reduce the amount of copies of their limited edition that they had for sale, this means it was no doubt one of the harder releases of theirs to get hold of.

Unfortunately with Steelbook collecting you win some and you loose some, that's the way it's always been for us collectors when it comes to limited releases no matter the retailer.
I hope you have better luck getting other releases that you want in the future.

Lets hope FilmArena release Creed @cooey :thumbs:
Dear Collectors,
we are pleased to inform you that Johnny Depp has approved our visuals and Warner Bros therefore gave the green light to the FAC project BLACK MASS. More information will be announced soon.
We can also move on in further projects with Warners IN THE HEART OF THE SEA and CREED

Reactions: cooey