Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I had my first order from FAC turn up damaged the other day. The packaging wasn't too bad but the box took such an impact that there was no way the contents couldn't be damaged.

Anyway, I need to contact them to arrange a return. Doubt I'll get replacements as they're numbered ltd editions but I'd prefer store credit to keeping damaged items.

Anyone know if they respond to emails sent in English? And what's the best email addy to use? Thanks to anyone who can answer!

Unfortunately, I had my first order from FAC turn up damaged the other day. The packaging wasn't too bad but the box took such an impact that there was no way the contents couldn't be damaged.

Anyway, I need to contact them to arrange a return. Doubt I'll get replacements as they're numbered ltd editions but I'd prefer store credit to keeping damaged items.

Anyone know if they respond to emails sent in English? And what's the best email addy to use? Thanks to anyone who can answer!

[email protected] - English is fine

Simona :thumbs:
Filmarena.cz
+420 775 590 770

Reactions: VRob98
Thanks to Hub for the tip, though unfortunately I have to report that FilmArena were not interested in helping. If their goods are damaged in transit from them to you, they take the view that it's your problem, not theirs.

That's the first and last time I use FilmArena for the direct purchase of any of their steelbooks. Anyone who continues to do so should be aware that if goods are damaged while being transported, it's your risk. Buyer beware!

Reactions: bobino66
Thanks to Hub for the tip, though unfortunately I have to report that FilmArena were not interested in helping. If their goods are damaged in transit from them to you, they take the view that it's your problem, not theirs.

That's the first and last time I use FilmArena for the direct purchase of any of their steelbooks. Anyone who continues to do so should be aware that if goods are damaged while being transported, it's your risk. Buyer beware!

That doesn't seem right...Try Facebook to ask the question...If you don't know where, I'll send you the group link.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
That doesn't seem right...Try Facebook to ask the question...If you don't know where, I'll send you the group link.

Thanks, Hub, but that reply came directly from Simona. They expect you to claim with your local carrier, which is Parcelforce in this case. Except that Parcelforce won't entertain claims on import parcels. So again, I would advise people to bear in mind the risk of buying direct from FA. If your order arrives damaged then you're SOL basically.

Thanks, Hub, but that reply came directly from Simona. They expect you to claim with your local carrier, which is Parcelforce in this case. Except that Parcelforce won't entertain claims on import parcels. So again, I would advise people to bear in mind the risk of buying direct from FA. If your order arrives damaged then you're SOL basically.

That's not good is it! I thought zavvi had bad customer service!! My opinion of filmarena just plummeted (n)

I just started a discussion on the Fantastic 4 thread about the big numbers on the side of boxsets that FA have decided to paste on. I have several issues with this why I don't think it is a good idea and just wanted to air them out in case anyone else agrees or disagrees.

1) will annoy OCD collectors, like myself, who don't buy every release or version of films due to what ever reason. They will now have odd numbers on the shelf!

2) seems like FA want more people to buy the boxsets, which as a business is understandable, but this will come at a cost of annoying said customers.

3) seems like a petty way of targeting customers to buy more. Especially when I'm 100% sure all boxsets will sell out every time anyway.

4) compromise on artwork! The numbering is ugly, really ugly.

Solutions:

1) stop doing it and re-print previous boxsets without the numbers. These could even be sold to customers who really hate the numbering and are willing to pay. Only a couple hundred would probably have to be printed.

2) if FA still want to do this then print the numbers as a sticker so collectors could peel this off if they want.

Apologies if this seems like a rant but it just my opinion. I think FA should have consulted fans first and could have made their decision based on that. I would really like to know what everyone else thinks!

I

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ty233
I don't know what others think, but i totally agree with you @Maximus15 ! I'm a total fan of FAC but really disappointed by this new element.
The big number on the side of the boxsets is just freaking UGLY and annoys me really much as i don't plan to buy every boxset (too many FAC releases a month! I can't afford everything unfortunately :()

Maybe Martin @Collector03601 could help with this? :ohno:

Reactions: Maximus15

Hi,

as Filmarena is a company based in the EU, you have all customer rights on your side.

Take a look here:
http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights-online#Faulty

If the item is faulty during shipment, than you have the right to return the item and get a refund. The returning costs has to be refunded too. If they dont do that you can report them.
I guess you have paid with your credit card, so get in contact with your bank and claim it there. You will get back your money.

Dont get fraud from this dubious company called Filmarena.cz

From FA Terms & Conditions

5. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF defective performance
Quality on receipt

If you have received goods deficiencies (eg. has not agreed or reasonably expected properties are not suitable for normal or agreed purpose, is not complete, does not correspond to the quantity, measure, weight or quality does not match the other statutory, contractual or pre-contractual parameters), it is a defects, for which the seller is responsible.

I don't know what others think, but i totally agree with you @Maximus15 ! I'm a total fan of FAC but really disappointed by this new element.
The big number on the side of the boxsets is just freaking UGLY and annoys me really much as i don't plan to buy every boxset (too many FAC releases a month! I can't afford everything unfortunately :()

Maybe Martin @Collector03601 could help with this? :ohno:

Thanks ty233 glad to know I'm not alone! I'm sure there are people who can afford every release as a boxset but surely it's a smaller amount. I think they should do the sticker and let customers decide to put this on or not.

From FA Terms & Conditions

5. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF defective performance
Quality on receipt

If you have received goods deficiencies (eg. has not agreed or reasonably expected properties are not suitable for normal or agreed purpose, is not complete, does not correspond to the quantity, measure, weight or quality does not match the other statutory, contractual or pre-contractual parameters), it is a defects, for which the seller is responsible.

These are the important parts...received goods deficiencies...for which the seller is responsible

These are the important parts...received goods deficiencies...for which the seller is responsible

You are right, but their TOS aren´t above EU Law.

It is his right to give the item back and get a refund as the seller is responsible, also during the shipment. It is not the buyers job to get in contact with a post office, as the seller and his referee carrier are business partners. So the seller has to get in contact with his partner the carrier and clear that, to get his money back from an insurance. In the meantime, he has to refund the buyer.

As i said, i would write to them. If they still dont want to refund, report them (EU Business Gov or something like that) and get in contact with your bank or credit card company and get your money back.

Edit: Here is the link to your European consumer centre UK
http://www.ukecc.net/

You can get in contact with them or read about your rights. Also you can report companys that offend against EU Laws and your customer rights.

Last edited:
DEAADPOOOL :D (Give carllenc create new threads for new titles.... not like last time)

"Dear FAC collectors,

we have prepared an indicative list of titles for FAC 2016:

FAC #?? LOVE, ROSIE
FAC #?? MAZE RUNNER: THE SCORCH TRIALS
FAC #?? STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
FAC #?? DREDD
FAC #?? SABOTAGE
FAC #?? THE FANTASTIC 4
FAC #?? CRIMSON PEAK
FAC #?? SICARIO
FAC #?? SPECTRE
FAC #?? HITMAN: AGENT 47
FAC #?? BRIDGE OF SPIES
FAC #?? REVENANT
FAC #?? THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
FAC #?? 13 HOURS: THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHAZI
FAC #?? MINIONS
FAC #?? CHILD 44
FAC #?? UNBROKEN
FAC #?? DEADPOOL
FAC #?? JURASSIC PARK 1 - 3
FAC #?? X-MEN 1 - 6

Please note that the list may change over time depending on various factors. Some titles will be added, as soon as they are confirmed.

Thanks for your support.
HC for FA Team"

Anyone know what happened to "The Thing"? I thought they announced this?

FilmArena are obviously planning X-Men 1-6 but is this:

X-men 1-3
X-men first class, days of future past & apololypse

Or
X-men 1-3
X-men Origins Wolverine
Wolverine
First class?

On their website they have the latter in WWA artwork so that's what I'm guessing but I think it would be better to skip Origins and Wolverine!? @Collector03601

I'd hope it's X-Men 1-3, FC, DOFP & apocalypse.
They could always do a wolverine boxset with origins, The wolverine and the 3rd film (rumoured to be old man Logan) in 2017?

• Helpful Post
Yes, the Un-Numbered Print Run was supposed to be 1000 and numbered 2000. Due to unforeseen circumstances(as they received a huge part of the steels damaged), they had to do the best they could with what they had. So they reduced the print run for the numbered edition from 2000 units to 1000 units. For the Un-Numbered edition, they could only salvage 396 copies. It was the best solution. So if you look at the beautyshot of the Un-Numbered edition you will see it states the print run of 396 making it more limited. Although the numbered edition is very well sought after since the print run was cut in half. It is not film arena's fault, they received damaged copies that could not be replaced. Nice quality control at least we know each steel inside a fullslip will be in Mint Condition.

View attachment 229688

So my questions is, are unnumbered editions always fewer in print run? And so more limited and sort after generally? I just don't understand why FA do them or why people want them more than numbered editions?