Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
So my questions is, are unnumbered editions always fewer in print run? And so more limited and sort after generally? I just don't understand why FA do them or why people want them more than numbered editions?

When they have done Un-Numbered editions, the previous ones were 1000 Print Run on Popular releases (FF7, Martian Exceptionally to 396, Everest). I don't know their strategy as to when they do their Un-Numbered editions as it isn't on every release. What they have said is they try to provide a different new product for the Collector(as we have seen FA really trys to Evolve in this competitive Market). So it helps the collectors that will want to have both editions (numbered + Un-Numbered) and also the ones that do not have a Collectible Number so they can pre-order this one(Un-Numbered) and have more chance to put their hands on an FAC edition. They are more minimalistic in terms of Bonus Items, they are similar to the early editions (AASB, DU, TMR, EQ...), but they are lovely from the pictures I have seen. They are extremely Popular as well, I don't know if you have seen pictures of the Un-Numbered FF7 but it is a slick Package. Martian and Everest we do not have in hands yet but they sold fast as expected being an FAC exclusive Product.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximus15
When they have done Un-Numbered editions, the previous ones were 1000 Print Run on Popular releases (FF7, Martian Exceptionally to 396, Everest). I don't know their strategy as to when they do their Un-Numbered editions as it isn't on every release. What they have said is they try to provide a different new product for the Collector(as we have seen FA really trys to Evolve in this competitive Market). So it helps the collectors that will want to have both editions (numbered + Un-Numbered) and also the ones that do not have a Collectible Number so they can pre-order this one(Un-Numbered) and have more chance to put their hands on an FAC edition. They are more minimalistic in terms of Bonus Items, they are similar to the early editions (AASB, DU, TMR, EQ...), but they are lovely from the pictures I have seen. They are extremely Popular as well, I don't know if you have seen pictures of the Un-Numbered FF7 but it is a slick Package. Martian and Everest we do not have in hands yet but they sold fast as expected being an FAC exclusive Product.

Cool thanks for helping me understand dude!! Hey if it gives more people a chance of owning a FA all the better!!

Reactions: Actarus
Cool thanks for helping me understand dude!! Hey if it gives more people a chance of owning a FA all the better!!

It's my pleasure :thumbs: ...indeed since they aren't numbered it gives a fair chance to everyone... and I just think they are lovely :oohyeah: I don't mind if they aren't Numbered, they are still really nice Exclusive Packages from FA :drool:

Reactions: Maximus15
FilmArena are obviously planning X-Men 1-6 but is this:

X-men 1-3
X-men first class, days of future past & apololypse

Or
X-men 1-3
X-men Origins Wolverine
Wolverine
First class?

On their website they have the latter in WWA artwork so that's what I'm guessing but I think it would be better to skip Origins and Wolverine!? @Collector03601

Seems like this was based on which WWA steelbooks were available so I believe it will be the later. We will have to wait and see I guess.

Reactions: rj531 and Maximus15
received a copy of FF 7 (full slip) this week to find out the bubble wrap was cut with a stanley knife and damaged the slip :(
other orders where delivered undamaged.

Mostly all german shops who partnered with Filmarena stopped their contract with them on April 1st. Its reporterd from these parties that Filmarena acts unprofessional. They reported they don't receive the number of copies they're promised throughout the year and have difficulties to deal then with the customers who pre-ordered. They reported Filmarena told them for how much they need to sell them. And the problem now why they stopped the contract is that Filmarena cancelled all Martians to them. So they get their money from FA back and need to refund all buyers who pre-ordered.

I don't ordered from them, just found this and I don't know how true it is since it's just the word from them and not from FA so take it how you want it ....

For German ninjas, this is the e-mail that spreads around:

Sehr geehrter Kunde, sehr geehrte Kundin,
  • leider müssen wir Ihnen mitteilen, dass wir am Freitag den 1.4.2016 die Kooperation mit Filmarena beendet haben. Nachdem es in dieser einjährigen Kooperation zu verschiedenen Unstimmigkeiten kam, haben wir uns am Freitag dazu entschlossen, diese Kooperation zu beenden.

Nachdem es letztes Jahr Standard Programm war, dass Filmarena die Editionen verschoben hat, meistens um mehrere Monate und danach teilweise nur 50% der Editionen verschickt hat, war dies schon für uns der erste Ansatz so nicht weiter machen zu können, denn dies ist für uns keine Professionelle Zusammenarbeit. Nachdem uns immer diverse Stückzahlen versprochen wurden, aber nicht eingehalten wurden, haben wir einfach für uns schon intern abgesprochen, so kann es nicht weiter gehen, denn so war keine Planungssicherheit gegeben. Am Freitag den 1.4, ist leider kein April Scherz, kam es dann zu einem Punkt wo es einfach für uns nicht mehr weiterging, es wurden uns die versprochenen Marsianer Editionen komplett storniert. Wir bekommen nun das Geld zurück und werden dann natürlich jedem Kunden dieses Geld zurück bezahlen, genauso an alle Besteller die Everest, Love Rosie & Black Mass schon vorbestellt und bezahlt haben, dies kann jedoch ein wenig dauern, wir bitten hierbei um ein wenig Geduld.

Auch die Vorschrift für wie viele Euros wir die Edition verkaufen dürfen, hat für uns nix mit Professionalität zu tun. Leider hat es nicht nur uns mit dem Marsianer erwischt, sondern auch andere Händler wurde die gleiche Edition zum Verhängnis und dies ist denke ich schon mal der Beweis, was für eine Professionalität hier an den Tag gelegt wurde. Für uns ist das Kapitel nun abgeschlossen und wir werden alle Editionen die wir noch auf Lager haben, zu einem Sonderpreis verkaufen. Es wird auch leider keinen deutschen Händler mehr geben, der diese Editionen anbieten wird, denn auch andere Händler haben die Kooperation beendet.

Zusätzlich ist es einfach für uns nicht tragbar dass es Editionen geben wird, die nur für bestimmte Leute bestimmt sind, zum Beispiel The Last Stand, somit kann man einfach diese Reihe nicht komplett sammeln und dies ist für uns, wir sind selber Sammler, einfach ein absolutes No Go und macht so einfach keinen Spaß. Wir werden weiterhin unseren Weg gehen, wir haben schon neue Ideen und ich kann euch sagen, ihr könnt euch darauf einfach nur freuen.

Bei Fragen stehen wir telefonisch heute von 10 – 20 Uhr zur Verfügung oder von Mo – Fr von 18:30 bis 22:30. Zusätzlich sind wir natürlich jederzeit per Mail erreichbar. Wir wünschen nun allen noch einen erholsamen Sonntag und hoffen dass wir Sie weiterhin als Kunde oder Kundin begrüßen können, zusätzlich denken Sie bitte daran, dass dies alles nicht unser Fehler ist und war, denn wir sind selber Sammler, aber alles hat nun mal seine Grenzen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Zobel
    Geschäftsführer
    Megastore-Palast

Filmarena told me (private not a shop), that they want to stop doing business with me. Why? Because i complain too much.

Well, i complained in the past that i have to ask and ask when paid items will be finally released (Jurassic Park, Looper, and and and) To that time, no informations goes out to the customers without asking.

I complained because they send less items than i ordered and they want to send the missing items with another order which was open. But this order was delayed and deleayed and deleayed (Looper) and i dont want to wait any longer because i have paid regular shipping costs for my first order. That was not a combined shipping with Looper. Only becasue they want to safe some euro for shipping. how unprofessional! They even didnt ask me if this is ok for me. :wtf:

And now i ask them to wait for my payment for a order from 15.03 until 22.03 because i want to order another steelbook (paid items could not be combined for shipping. :naughty: )which was released on that day. What happened? They canceled my order.

I really hope, that more and more people will see what kind of pack they are and how dubios they work.

Edit: What i forogt, all the conversation from FA side is like: "Will be send when it will be send, dont disturb", so dont think you have the feeling to be a valued customer!

Last edited:
An eye opening read @dan8885 and @Maggo991

Seems to me like FA have a real problem with non existant customer service and at an even bigger push your country .

Guys just a suggestion how about puting your posts here in the relivent threads ? .

I dont know how much traffic this thread sees and frankly it could help others when and IF they decide to order .

Upto you on that . Thank you so much for posting :) .

Guys just a suggestion how about puting your posts here in the relivent threads ? .
It sucks that people have had issues but I wouldn't do that; chances are mods will say it's off topic when it starts a flame war and then move it here.

It sucks that people have had issues but I wouldn't do that; chances are mods will say it's off topic when it starts a flame war and then move it here.

Maybe flower :giggle: .

I look at it like this as buyers the more information we have about a company the better .

That way we can make a more informed choice about buying direct , joining a GB or not bothering at all . Then the relise itself .

Thire will always be those people in three types of camp

A , The I told you so ! .

B , That Never happens !.

C , Do I care ? .

Should apply to All retailers us as buyers having a voice . We are VERY VERY Lucky to have Karel and Martin who go abobe and beyond what they need to , too deal with any issues on our behalf .

Flame war on here at the moment :rofl: :rofl: . It would be endless inaine gifs or the odd smile or even a word as a post as a reply :p .

Think you need more than that in my book to constitute a war :) :kiss:.

I didn't even know FA distributed to other retailers in Germany. That's ashame that due to the delays of releases that it has caused them problems. At least for collectors it is relatively hassle free on the GBs and we get a good customer service from Karel. I wonder if he has to go through much stress with FA to ensure the copies are secured. With us collectors we know we have to have patients with the GBs and are really happy when we receive our copies. I wonder why their business is having a hard time with delays and if it is worth for them to invest more to reduce the delays and give better customer service, and if this will make it more profitable for them in the long term.

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
Just out of interest I ordered the John Wick Maniacs boxset from FA on the 7th April, funds have been taken but it has not been shipped yet? Is this common? As its my first order direct with FA.

Just out of interest I ordered the John Wick Maniacs boxset from FA on the 7th April, funds have been taken but it has not been shipped yet? Is this common? As its my first order direct with FA.
It's so common, buddy. Constant delaying is one of the most distinct features of Filmarena, you better get used to it.
But still, afaik many people have received their boxset of John Wick by now, so you should look into it.
You can try to contact FA via email, their CS is very polite tho don't really solve anything for you:)

Reactions: Danzigg1979
Very happy with the service from filmarena. Ordered looper John wick maniac box direct from them as the gbs were closed. Both came 3-4 days after dispatch.

Just wish that when it says free delivery it was.. Up until the payment page my order of Everest unnumbered and commando unnumbered was saying free shipping but then on the last page I had to pay.