zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Release Date: 21st October 2013
Price: {param} £9.99 on play.com
Order: HERE- they only deliver within the UK.

For members outside of the UK, order here on their ebay account -http://www.ebay.com/itm/151151401048

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: Click HERE (ES only deliver WITHIN THE UK)

Other Info:
4K Qty
Region Free
View attachment 46208

Matte finish with spot gloss on robot, woman and title. Embossed robot and woman. Back card to keep images visible.

FP_3D.jpg

FP.jpg

More pics

FP_back.jpg

FP_inside.jpg

I got the below email from Entertainment Store last night after enquiring about what they had lined up and it seems to be a clue pointing towards a forthcoming release. Really cool way of dropping details about their releases and hopefully this one comes out next!!

Fingers crossed! I assume it's Forbidden Planet from that pic. If anyone has any other guesses then shout

Hi,

There are some fine, exclusive Super SteelBooks available to Pre-order at The Entertainment Store very soon. Can you guess which classic movie this is?

ES Email.jpg

Visit The Entertainment Store today, and check out our brilliant range of rare and exclusive DVDs and Blu Rays, in addition to a range of over 6,000 titles, with prices to suit every pocket.

Don’t forget all of our Product is shipped directly from the official studios so we guarantee what you see, is what you get!

Regards,

I had another email too but not sure yet what the title is from the clue. Will post it in the ES thread in a minute ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on whether this will be an Arrow or Eureka release? Seems like the sort of film that they would release.

Has the film received any special restoration for the Blu-Ray release, or are they just transferring the Dvd version to Blu-Ray just for the hell of it?

This is a classic film and needs a restoration done before transferring it to blu ray.

1956 Sci Fi classic. :D

Edit : 2010 released on Blu Ray...:hilarious::rofl:

Last edited:
But you don't know the price yet so why be so quick to make that decision? :dunno:

I can't work out if you are bitter with Zavvi or ES from your comment

Not bitter with anyone, if my post had been left alone and not tampered with it couldn't have been more clear.

I said that ES have obviously caught a cold with their recent batch of so-called "Exclusive" releases and as a result have had to rethink their marketing strategy and pricing structure. They have seen what Zavvi have been doing, i.e releasing catalogue titles and thought they would jump on the bandwagon. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander and all that.

It seems to me that anyone who doesn't follow the crowd or who comments negatively about ES & their so called "exclusive" releases have their posts edited, deleted or get called a "hater", which is nothing more than a pathetic cop out used by people who have nothing valid or intelligent to respond with.

So much for freedom of speech :movie:

Reactions: zoneism
im glad im not the only one.

I'd much rather Disneys Treasure Planet but thats a very low possibility.

I can't believe that you haven't heard of this film, it's one of the few movies that deserves the title of classic.
Ignore the poster art of Robbie with Anne Francis in his arms, it makes it look like a cheap "creature feature" when it in fact has a very good & mature storyline based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest".
The VFX still hold up today, with the scene of the "ID" monster attempting to break through the ship's forcefield being a hi-light.

Last edited:
I got the US tin (DVD edition), which looks great, even with a few dents. I'll probably stick with that one unless they come up with something really interesting. I try to stay away from ES exclusives

I have the HD DVD Tin with cool extras :scat: Looking forward to this...checking into if this one is a go...stay tuned......

I have that set too, it was pretty cool, especially with the little Robby figure. Haven't had time to check to see if the movie still plays; the Warner releases are the ones giving everybody problems.

Might be a good time to switch over to a Blu Forbidden Planet...