zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Release Date: 21st October 2013
Price: {param} £9.99 on play.com
Order: HERE- they only deliver within the UK.

For members outside of the UK, order here on their ebay account -http://www.ebay.com/itm/151151401048

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: Click HERE (ES only deliver WITHIN THE UK)

Other Info:
4K Qty
Region Free
View attachment 46208

Matte finish with spot gloss on robot, woman and title. Embossed robot and woman. Back card to keep images visible.

FP_3D.jpg

FP.jpg

More pics

FP_back.jpg

FP_inside.jpg

I got the below email from Entertainment Store last night after enquiring about what they had lined up and it seems to be a clue pointing towards a forthcoming release. Really cool way of dropping details about their releases and hopefully this one comes out next!!

Fingers crossed! I assume it's Forbidden Planet from that pic. If anyone has any other guesses then shout

Hi,

There are some fine, exclusive Super SteelBooks available to Pre-order at The Entertainment Store very soon. Can you guess which classic movie this is?

ES Email.jpg

Visit The Entertainment Store today, and check out our brilliant range of rare and exclusive DVDs and Blu Rays, in addition to a range of over 6,000 titles, with prices to suit every pocket.

Don’t forget all of our Product is shipped directly from the official studios so we guarantee what you see, is what you get!

Regards,

I had another email too but not sure yet what the title is from the clue. Will post it in the ES thread in a minute ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great art work. but needs to buck the Zavvi trend and have a more reasonable price for a back catalogue release or i will have to miss out.
Good to see a slightly less main-stream cash cow of a film released on steelbook though, and hopefully will be done very well. limited print run would be nice too

Reactions: vurt
Really love the artwork!! would like to get this but depends on the price of course :rolleyes:

Yep that's a pass for me and so the run of great steels from ES has ended rehashes of tired ancient movies what a waste I have every title upto this point looks like imo ES are turning into the likes of zavvi old titles large runs high cost I guess I should have saw that coming 500- 1K- 2K- 4K- 5K With WWz.

Sorry guys i'm just very disappointed I though Es would be the place in the Uk were we could get ltd number rare steelbooks with exclusive art.
We never got the exclusive art but they did start well with the ltd numbers with jack reacher and H&G.

O'well to Asia then.

Last edited:
Yep that's a pass for me and so the run of great steels from ES has ended rehashes of tired ancient movies what a waste I have every title upto this point looks like imo ES are turning into the likes of zavvi old titles large runs high cost I guess I should have saw that coming 500- 1K- 2K- 4K- 5K With WWz.

Sorry guys i'm just very disappointed I though Es would be the place in the Uk were we could get ltd number rare steelbooks with exclusive art.
We never got the exclusive art but they did start well with the ltd numbers with jack reacher and H&G.

O'well to Asia then.

Give me 'tired ancient movies' over shite like Jack Reacher, G.I. Joe and Hansel and Gretel any day of the week.

Give me 'tired ancient movies' over shite like Jack Reacher, G.I. Joe and Hansel and Gretel any day of the week.
Well tbh I wasn't talking about the quality of the films as I haven't watched any of the 4 mentioned yet but I mean rather the decision to give such films steelbook releases given there age and the fact they've had there time and from what I've seen a lot of good releases in the past this one with hd-dvd for example why flog the horse that's all I'm saying.
I was also thinking that it may sell if they keep the print run low but they seem determined to milk this release, at a 4k run this is just yet another cash in.

It looks great and I'm tempted but I don't think I'd pay more than about £12. Will have to see what they ask for this when it goes live. I'm not hopeful but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Revolver31 said:
Well tbh I wasn't talking about the quality of the films as I haven't watched any of the 4 mentioned yet but I mean rather the decision to give such films steelbook releases given there age and the fact they've had there time and from what I've seen a lot of good releases in the past this one with hd-dvd for example why flog the horse that's all I'm saying.

WTF did I just read? "Forbidden Planet" is one of the important classic films. Any film student worth their salt would know how important this film was in the history of film making and its progress.

Go buy Jack Reacher and other modern films if that's your thing but to say that classic films like this one don't deserve Steelbook treatment is ridiculous.

WTF did I just read? "Forbidden Planet" is one of the important classic films. Any film student worth their salt would know how important this film was in the history of film making and its progress.

Go buy Jack Reacher and other modern films if that's your thing but to say that classic films like this one don't deserve Steelbook treatment is ridiculous.

Well said.

It's pointless saying a film doesn't deserve the steelbook treatment. There'll always be someone out there who wants to buy it. It's all so subjective, like saying we should all stop eating apples because you don't like how they taste.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Easy.

I love this film, it's one of my all time favourites. I also love this artwork, so can't wait to own this steelbook. :)

Reactions: Menouthis

I do believe I'm allowed to voice an opinion that's what this is for its not a fan forum also I'm not a film student I did not rate the importance of this movie nor do I care.
if you don't like it don't buy it seems to be a popular expression when something is said that another does not agree with. @thefly
this is a free forum were opinions are welcome good and bad and my opinion is flogging a dead horse comes to mind.
I'm 34 and I can say I've not seen this film nor would I waste my time doing so i'm sure it's good and it was important filmmaking etc. etc but it's not my thing and should'nt be given a steelbook esp given all the other films that have yet to be given steelbook treatment to use this one is wrong imo and even more so that it just had a tin release for hd-dvd.

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
Loving the look of this one already. Definite buy for me. :LOL:

Already have the blu-ray in Amaray, but that was a freebie so not a double dip really. PQ is amazing.

:scat: