zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Release Date: 21st October 2013
Price: {param} £9.99 on play.com
Order: HERE- they only deliver within the UK.

For members outside of the UK, order here on their ebay account -http://www.ebay.com/itm/151151401048

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: Click HERE (ES only deliver WITHIN THE UK)

Other Info:
4K Qty
Region Free
View attachment 46208

Matte finish with spot gloss on robot, woman and title. Embossed robot and woman. Back card to keep images visible.

FP_3D.jpg

FP.jpg

More pics

FP_back.jpg

FP_inside.jpg

I got the below email from Entertainment Store last night after enquiring about what they had lined up and it seems to be a clue pointing towards a forthcoming release. Really cool way of dropping details about their releases and hopefully this one comes out next!!

Fingers crossed! I assume it's Forbidden Planet from that pic. If anyone has any other guesses then shout

Hi,

There are some fine, exclusive Super SteelBooks available to Pre-order at The Entertainment Store very soon. Can you guess which classic movie this is?

ES Email.jpg

Visit The Entertainment Store today, and check out our brilliant range of rare and exclusive DVDs and Blu Rays, in addition to a range of over 6,000 titles, with prices to suit every pocket.

Don’t forget all of our Product is shipped directly from the official studios so we guarantee what you see, is what you get!

Regards,

I had another email too but not sure yet what the title is from the clue. Will post it in the ES thread in a minute ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it slightly inconsiderate of Entetainment Store releasing this SteelBook on the 7th of October 2013 - a date that is already overcrowded with nine other SteelBook releases, and the busiest release date between now and the end of the year!

Entertainment Store themselves said (in the recent HDN interview) that there was no dying need to force Natural Born Killers and Forbidden Planet out by a specific date, as both are catalogue titles. So why did they then go and choose the most crowded release date? If ES had any common sense, they would postpone the releases until either later in the year, or January 2014!

I sometimes wonder whether these retailers are oblivious to what other SteelBooks are being released

:wtf:

I find it slightly inconsiderate of Entetainment Store releasing this SteelBook on the 7th of October 2013 - a date that is already overcrowded with nine other SteelBook releases, and the busiest release date between now and the end of the year!

Entertainment Store themselves said (in the recent HDN interview) that there was no dying need to force Natural Born Killers and Forbidden Planet out by a specific date, as both are catalogue titles. So why did they then go and choose the most crowded release date? If ES had any common sense, they would postpone the releases until either later in the year, or January 2014!

I sometimes wonder whether these retailers are oblivious to what other SteelBooks are being released

:wtf:

But any retailer would rather you buy from them than another retailer and steelbooks collectors are just one part of the market. So someone who likes this film might buy it, because they like the film not because it's in a steelbook.

Obviously it's an expensive month for steelbook collectors. I have several due in October including this.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered this, but had a change of heart and cancelled. Like many here I have plenty of preorders and something had to give.

I would have jumped on this if it was glossy. Matte will make the colors look dull (i.e. The Goonies Japan steelbook).
The spot gloss should help.

Fantastic looking steelbook and great that they are giving it some nice treatment. Trying to resist pre-ordering though, too many coming out.

The spot gloss should help.

Fantastic looking steelbook and great that they are giving it some nice treatment. Trying to resist pre-ordering though, too many coming out.

Especially October, so many releases

The release date has changed

The NEW release date is October 21

Last edited:
There is still time to sign up to the Group Buy (GB) :)

For those taking part in the GB, Invoices will be sent out next weekend (28th) for this title.

Thanks!

Reactions: Artus
Waouh ! Another all time classic and with french subs... my goodness it's christmas before time ! Hope to join the group buy for this one too !

There is still time to sign up to the Group Buy (GB) :)

For those taking part in the GB, Invoices will be sent out next weekend (28th) for this title.

Thanks!

Arrg... 4 days left and I'm still working on my post count ! Damn, why do we love those little box so much ! In fine that's the inside, the movie that's matters... but "Je m'en fout, j'en veux un, na !" :drool:

Why is it i thought this was being released on 7th Oct along with NBK? hence the invoices out last night.

Its clearly been a long month lol

Why is it i thought this was being released on 7th Oct along with NBK? hence the invoices out last night.

Its clearly been a long month lol

Comme tu dis, I mean you're right ! A very long month and expensive journey through the steel world too !:ohno:
What's frightens more is that the next month will be even longer and cost way much ! They are producing too much steel, some useless and ugly !:(
Btw, i double checked on Play.com and Forbiden Planet is due on 21th October, right ?

Last edited:
Comme tu dis, I mean you're right ! A very long month and expensive journey through the steel world too !:ohno:
What's frightens more is that the next month will be even longer and cost way much ! They are producing too much steel, some useless and ugly !:(
Btw, i double checked on Play.com and Forbiden Planet is due on 21th October, right ?

Forbiden Planet October 21th

Natural Born Killers October 7th

Reactions: Artus