zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Release Date: 21st October 2013
Price: {param} £9.99 on play.com
Order: HERE- they only deliver within the UK.

For members outside of the UK, order here on their ebay account -http://www.ebay.com/itm/151151401048

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: Click HERE (ES only deliver WITHIN THE UK)

Other Info:
4K Qty
Region Free
View attachment 46208

Matte finish with spot gloss on robot, woman and title. Embossed robot and woman. Back card to keep images visible.

FP_3D.jpg

FP.jpg

More pics

FP_back.jpg

FP_inside.jpg

I got the below email from Entertainment Store last night after enquiring about what they had lined up and it seems to be a clue pointing towards a forthcoming release. Really cool way of dropping details about their releases and hopefully this one comes out next!!

Fingers crossed! I assume it's Forbidden Planet from that pic. If anyone has any other guesses then shout

Hi,

There are some fine, exclusive Super SteelBooks available to Pre-order at The Entertainment Store very soon. Can you guess which classic movie this is?

ES Email.jpg

Visit The Entertainment Store today, and check out our brilliant range of rare and exclusive DVDs and Blu Rays, in addition to a range of over 6,000 titles, with prices to suit every pocket.

Don’t forget all of our Product is shipped directly from the official studios so we guarantee what you see, is what you get!

Regards,

I had another email too but not sure yet what the title is from the clue. Will post it in the ES thread in a minute ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never said i was annoyed that this was getting some kind of recognition. Just said the cover is cool but im not into retro movies. People are getting real hung up on that :hilarious:

I was born in 1984 so the cutoff isnt my age. The cutoff is my past experience with movies and basically the only movies ive enjoyed from the 70s i can count on 1 hand. I never said old movies are worthless so please stop spreading nonsense. Thanks :thumbs:

You people should get a grip. If you like it and want it then buy it, if someone says they dont like or want it theres no need to jump and protect the movie. I dont see how me not liking older movies is really any of your business.

My time here thus far has been cool and id like for it to stay that way so cut the gang mentality and elitist nonsense and leave me out of it. If you read my original post it only said i like the cover but im not into old movies, yet clearly some people arent happy to read that and insist i rethink my entire past in order to conform with them.

Cant even believe i bothered to write all this...am i really feeding the trolls? Hard to tell :oohyeah:

Never said i was annoyed that this was getting some kind of recognition. Just said the cover is cool but im not into retro movies. People are getting real hung up on that :hilarious:

I was born in 1984 so the cutoff isnt my age. The cutoff is my past experience with movies and basically the only movies ive enjoyed from the 70s i can count on 1 hand. I never said old movies are worthless so please stop spreading nonsense. Thanks :thumbs:

You people should get a grip. If you like it and want it then buy it, if someone says they dont like or want it theres no need to jump and protect the movie. I dont see how me not liking older movies is really any of your business.

My time here thus far has been cool and id like for it to stay that way so cut the gang mentality and elitist nonsense and leave me out of it. If you read my original post it only said i like the cover but im not into old movies, yet clearly some people arent happy to read that and insist i rethink my entire past in order to conform with them.

Cant even believe i bothered to write all this...am i really feeding the trolls? Hard to tell :oohyeah:

I totally agree with what you say. You never insulted the film, never said that it didn't deserve a Steelbook just that you don't like older films. While I don't necessarily understand that viewpoint, I can appreciate that it is your opinion. You're not saying you sat through every pre-1977 and decided that each of them was rubbish, just that they are not your thing the same way someone would say that horror films aren't their thing or action films aren't their thing. At the end of the day it is all subjective.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
I'm hoping someone will do a steelbook for The Day Earth Stood Still (the '51 original of course) too. Already have it on Blu-ray but the cover is absolutely hideous.

I have a DVD steel of the original using the poster artwork, which looks nice. Would'nt give the remake the time of day though.

Back on the subject of FP, love this one so ordered, i've lost track of the number of times i've seen this movie & it never gets old, quality always tells.

Although Forbidden Planet is not a favourite movie, I love this steelbook. I think ES did a great job, embossing, spot gloss, original art, inside art, and a good price, I think anyone expecting to see exclusive steelbooks in the UK for less than £15 now is going to be disappointed.

As for old films. my all time favourite was made in 1946. I wonder if sometime in the 2030s someone will say 'I can't stand movies from the last millennium...'

look alot like the dvd tin I got, would´ve loved if the made like that, but bigger tin with steelbook inside and maybe a figure of Leslie Nielsen Anne Francis, since the dvd edition had a robot in it

I am glad ES is releasing such a classic scifi movie like Forbidden Planet. They should release other classic like The Adventures of Robbin Hood, The Searchers, The Mark of Zorro

Are there many left?

After the debacle with my first steelbook order from them I'm undecided if I want to pre-order this.

It really is an impressive steelbook for a sci-fi classic. I wish more classic films were put out on Blu-ray in the steelbook form.

Reactions: harry
It really is an impressive steelbook for a sci-fi classic. I wish more classic films were put out on Blu-ray in the steelbook form.

+1 , they should put more classic movies in steelbook ( Patton, Searchers, Its a Wonderful Life,Guns of Navarone, Adventure of Robin Hood)