Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
You could definitely be onto something there, for comparison I've just stuck it on my iPad and whereas I was having problems 5 minutes into the show on my 65" 4K OLED TV on my crappy 9.7" iPad it looks fine. So there you go moral of the story don't watch it on your 4K TV's that cost thousands of pounds watch it on something that cost a couple of hundred pounds instead :p
That'd also explain why it looked fine on my 21" PC monitor lol.

Streaming quality will differ dramatically from satellite/cable I would imagine.

Black's wouldn't even be as deep. Most HD links aren't even full 1080p most of the time either.....

I watched it in complete darkness and its still impossible to tell who's who in key scenes.

I've never had a problem with GOT dark scenes until this final season. It looks like they've decided to shoot them differently or have a new DOP (probably that same idiot that did Solo!!) :p

I mean the scenes in the crypt and with Arya in the library (I think) were just ridiculously bad!
I have to agree, it was way too dark for me. It was fine once the fire lit everything up but beyond that I struggled to see a lot of it. The choppy editing wasn’t the best either, I could barely make out what was happening with the dragon fights.
The ending was cool but I must admit to being a bit disappointed with the rest of the episode. Again I think if it was brighter I may have enjoyed it more. I don’t think it’s up there with the best episodes, that is still The Red Wedding for me mainly for shock factor.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
The latest episode was a fantastic advert for keeping disc based systems. The PQ and AQ were both carp.
Having been invested in GOT from day one last nights episode was totally predictable and in no way shocking. All other battles you could see what the hell was going on. The ending was satisfying, whom is still here next week is no surprise, the show has gone to Star Trek in my opinion.
Honestly after 8 to 9 years I now couldn’t give a monkeys who gets to sit on the throne

Oh well

Agree with the other PQ + AQ comments...I did find them a disappointing letdown on this mother of all episodes. I did first view on catch-up and thought there was something wrong with my AV setup then rewatched the live (9PM) transmission which was slightly better.

Bring on the 4K disc release :thumbs:

i loved the episode, i think the dark was made on purpose to give it the eerie ambiance but also the signal wont be compared once we watch it on blu ray or 4K, who knows maybe after all those complaints about how dark it was maybe for the release on actual product they will calibrate the image.......remember how they fix x files when release on blu ray few years ago

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
The Cinematographer on why they chose the episode to be so dark and why it might not have been viewed as they'd probably have wished.

https://screenrant.com/game-thrones-battle-winterfell-dark-defense/
So he says "Game of Thrones is a show that is intended to be watched in as high a quality as possible, yet a lot of people watch it on mobile devices or on laptop screens", and yet it appears to be those with the best setups that seem to have suffered the most. My sister said she watched it on her iPad (yes, I rolled my eyes too lol) and yet had no issues with the darkness.

episode 3 was awesome. I enjoyed every second and I didnt have problems with the dark style ...this style contributed to the intensely vibe in my opinion.

the end just epic ...thought the battle would be a little bit longer (2 episodes), but it was ok.

the "assassin" Arya killed the Night King, epic!
now the Game of Thrones continues ...

3 episodes left