Completed Game Of Thrones (Season 8) [HBO]

Sirjump

Steelbook Viking
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2011
Norway
From IMDB

Seen the first 5 episodes now and must admit it is growing on me. The characters and character development is really great. Not that much action so far but I have a feeling that will change.

Anyone have some views on this series? :scat:

E.

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 521
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aberdonian83
Not sure about this finale episode - might need a few rewatches. My initial gut reaction is an unsurprising

meh. It didn't feel like an out with a bang ending to me, more of a "thank you for your support" ending. The meltdown of the Iron Throne would have been spectacular if Jon had killed Danerys' and left her body on it IMO

I liked it, I thought it was a decent ending.

Danny, well... I saw that coming a mile away. I knew it would be Jon who carried it out too. I did not expect him to live though it with the dragon there.
Tyrion, after he was imprisoned I just knew he would get free and I sort of knew he would become The Hand again to someone.
Bran, wow! I sort of suspected he would be king had Jon not taken the position but I was't too sure though.
Jon, hrm... exiled to the north as Night's Watch with his title, I did not see that coming.
Sansa, I had a feeling she would take up some higher role as she was so powerful in position already.
Arya now she was a total mystery to me, I had no idea what would happen to her I was very surprised at what she had decided. She was my very favorite character in the series.

And so ends my favourite TV show of all time :( Mixed emotions right now so I'll maybe comment later...

What I do know is that I will rewatch again from the start :thanks:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I’ve stayed away from this thread this season, somthing just wasn’t right from the start. Some great moments but overall im so disappointed with at least 4 of the episodes and the whole of that ending was awful. I’ve never felt like this about thrones. It was just So badly written. And I’m not saying this because it hasn’t “gone my way”. I love that thrones don’t go the way you want it. But this was sloppy af

It was the best series for cinematography and visuals 100%. Acting as usual was well above par. But it was sh*t as a whole

And I get it’s hard to end a great series. The only one to do it properly imo Is breaking bad. That had the finest final episode I’ve ever seen.

But so much was pointless. I’ve been defending this season to everyone I know who wasn’t happy with it but that final was the last straw. Literally

Only thing I’m happy with is Arya f*cking off to explore but even then, there’s so much unanswered about her. And Jon and even bran.

And when you look at his arc and realise that he knew all along where he would be sitting then really, he allowed millions to die. It just don’t make sense

Best moment was when drogon flew off behind dany and made it look like she had wings and the scene in the front of the iron throne. That’s it, the rest was laughable and pointless. Especially where Jon has ended up

I’m literally furious over what was the greatest series for 7 years (possibly longer with the last 2 gaps)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: vexred
I absolutely loved it. It was a great end and nearly half of my predictions were correct. I'll chime in more about it in a few days. Going to watch it again on Tuesday with my sister.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
The lead up to it in the final season may not have been perfect, but I'm happy with that ending overall, which is all I'd really hoped for. :)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Oh, but I will say the only thing I'm a little upset about is...
Gendry not leaving with Arya... unless he hid on the boat somewhere lol.

Very disappointed. There's only 2 scenes I liked on the final episode of GoT.
Jon killing Dany and Jon reunites with Ghost.
I think it's better if they end the series on one or the other.