General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping to the UK for 5% instead of millions. :p Print and attach next to shipping label.

Imported, limited edition, signed &
numbered silk-screen printed art
work. VAT should have been charged
at an effective rate of 5% using 'Tariff
Code 9702 00 00', according to HMRC
Notice 702, section 11.1. Please see
attached documentation.

:movie:​

About that print I mentioned in the deals thread that I was going to get framed(Man of Steel). It turned out to be a disaster. First off, I had limited choices in which mats I could use since a)nearly every mat that would have worked with this print was either OOS and could not be orderd or b) could not be had in that size of print. Same goes for the frames.

The cheapest I could get it done was $228. And since the logical choice was to go with a black frame, I pretty much had only two choices in the yellow band(cheapest level) area. Neither of which I liked and one being in a underweight class.

They had a killer frame that would have worked great with it as it was black with red trim along the inside and outside edges of the frame. But that would have run me $292. EEK! Needless to say I passed on the whole deal.

I guess I'm gonna wait until either the sale I mentioned in the deals thread or until they have a sale on the modern framing as this weeks sale is on classic framing. Depends on my finances. What I really need to do is learn how to do it myself, but I would not start with something this big.

Last edited:
I just do it myself. Its really not as hard as it sounds once you get the matts pre-cut which you can order from many online sites. I dont like the whole math part to it ... so i tend to use americanframe.com who figures it out for me ... ;p or I buy a frame at hobby lobby and forget about matting.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

in other news .... look at this vendor ... never heard of them but im sure rose probably knows them. what a joke....

http://lifeversa.com/Breaking-Boss (the is the print being sold ....)

someone made a custom action figure and took a picture ....

look familiar?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasontd/9588349696/lightbox/

some prints are just blatant ripoffs.

in other news .... look at this vendor ... never heard of them but im sure rose probably knows them. what a joke....

http://lifeversa.com/Breaking-Boss (the is the print being sold ....)

someone made a custom action figure and took a picture ....

look familiar?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasontd/9588349696/lightbox/

some prints are just blatant ripoffs.

Yeah, his name is Wale Bambose or "LifeVersa". When I first started I wanted everything Akira, but luckily toned down on that and never really liked his Polo print anyways. Seems no one really likes his work looking at what any of his pieces go for, but I did not know how blatant of a rip-off his work truly is.

He can suck it and glad I don't own any of his work. :p

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Can't find the right thread through tapatalk, but JP's villains poker aps are on sale now.

http://freshdoodle.bigcartel.com/pr...-batman-villains-poker-artist-s-proof-nycc-13

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk now Free

Anyone know what happened to roverite? I knew he was going to be away for a little while, but not this long.

Sooooo, unfortunately I found this thrread hehe, any tips on how to frame big posters? what to use and how to use it?

Gbox!! I knew you'd convert one day!

There is actually a framing thread stickied that has some good tips in it. If you have any q's after that just ask!

fyi ....

got custom cut 24x36 acid free foam core backings ..... $5 each at Michaels (no sale etc) ymmv

Works good esp for when using cheap wal-mart frames in combination so long as you dont care about matting. Used one on my Superman print (MOS)

Lets try and create new threads for newly released posters, as this seemed to garner more interest in the poster forum.

We can keep Artist threads, and maybe move older poster threads to them when they age a bit.

Anybody gunning for MMM XI tickets today? I wasn't sure if we had any LA residents that frequented here.

35% OFF: Official + Limited Edition T2 screenprints (by Signalnoise/James White!)

Hey HDN world!

You might remember we brought you guys an exclusive 15% off ALL official movie screenprints offer some months ago and now - to clear the final few, we're offering a 1st come 1st served 35% off ALL artwork....now!

MYSTERY BOX was exclusively sanctioned by renowned movie studio 'Studiocanal' to produce a limited edition of official "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" alternate movie posters.

Designed by internationally acclaimed designers James White (aka: Signalnoise) and Tom Muller (aka: helloMuller), these archival quality screen-prints use 100% acid-free inks and measure 18" x 24". A highly collectible piece of official movie memorabilia, the limited edition artworks are hand numbered and expertly crafted by print-makers Burlesque of North America.

All artwork comes with a hand numbered certificate of authenticity, verifying that this official Terminator 2 artwork, produced in collaboration with Studiocanal, is authentic.

GET THE OFFER:

Promo code: 'HDN35' (to get 35% off ALL artwork)
Store: www[dot]merchline[dot]com/mysterybox

what's the best way to flatten the posters, first between craft paper I left it on the rolled side and put books at the corners then when it was no longer really rolling I flipped it and put books all along the entire back, its been like that a few hours but still noticing a bit of a curve, though I assume some curve is not terrible if oyu are going to frame it. The framing should keep it flat, right?