General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
You think it's better to roll out ?

Thank you in advance

Oh absolutely. From what I've been taught, keeping them rolled up can damage them in the long run. So it's best to flatten them as soon as possible and keep them flattened. I'm sure one of our seasoned pros can confirm that for ya.

Good luck.

Reactions: TobinFrost
Yeah ive heard the same just been lazy about pulling out avengers ... really have no table away from kids downstairs yet ... i just used stacked boxes. :p

in any case i have no others rolled up tho so im good there.

ps slim check americanframe.com

Reactions: TobinFrost
Took a couple pics of the prints in my new portfolio. Feeling all professional and such. Other than my photography of course. That **** is terrible. :hilarious:

Guess I got number 1/405 :ohno:

And of course the favorite for last :D

All of them are 6/10 AP :LOL:

Finally only one step left :naughty:

Took a couple pics of the prints in my new portfolio. Feeling all professional and such. Other than my photography of course. That **** is terrible. :hilarious:

Guess I got number 1/405 :ohno:

And of course the favorite for last :D

All of them are 6/10 AP :LOL:

Finally only one step left :naughty:

One word to describe it all, BEAUTIFUL !!! :drool:

Very nice. I like that Thor the best also. Supes is pretty cool too, simple but cool.

As far as picture taking, I feel I am living in the dinosaur age since I still use a digital camera while it seems everyone else is using their smartphones and tablets.

Movie title/logo artwork with transparent background needed

Hello everyone, I'm planning to design movie artwork for my disc holder and I was wondering if there is a place where I can find the original movie title image but with a transparent background?

My plan is to find my favourite image of the movie then paste the title on it and print it out as a cover. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• The-Avengers-2012-Movie-Title-Logo.png
    The-Avengers-2012-Movie-Title-Logo.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 966
Thanks flip! But I'm actually not looking for Avengers. Instead I'm just thinking if there's a database or something that has all these logos. From my understanding, the images with a transparent background is normally in png format, right?

I googled and found a few titles that I need. At the moment I'm struggling to find one for 300.

I mean half the show floor is not listed yet, DC and Marvel are not listed and DC did the cover art for the booklet so you know they will be there and lego is not there yet either but I did see that interview. I think they could handle 2 shows at one just hire a temp at each show

Heres to hoping cause like I siad half the show floor is not filled

Michael's has a 60% off sale on their classic collection, I found a frame that I though was nice. I just need to figure out the lingo and exact sizes I need for this stuff. All the extra acid free mumbo jumbo is causing me to pause and wait a bit.

I still expect it to be expensive even with 60% off.

The navy is finally delivering my furniture from Missouri in a week or two so I'm ready to get them framed and set up the place :D

Michael's has a 60% off sale on their classic collection, I found a frame that I though was nice. I just need to figure out the lingo and exact sizes I need for this stuff. All the extra acid free mumbo jumbo is causing me to pause and wait a bit.

I still expect it to be expensive even with 60% off.

The navy is finally delivering my furniture from Missouri in a week or two so I'm ready to get them framed and set up the place :D

I took advantage of their 60% + 10% off modern collection sale last week. After all was said and done, my total was still $209. My previous framing totaled $195. The reason for it being slightly higher this time was due to a more expensive mat.

As far as sizing and what is needed, the custom framer should be able to help you set it up to your liking. They measure it, pull out different mats & frames and offer suggestions.

Now as far as what is needed, this is what I was told by someone on another site. I'm sure someone else will chime in with their suggestions/thoughts as these are what was offered by someone else to me.

Acid Free Foam Core Backing(essential)
UV protected glass(I was told by my customer framer that this is what Micheal's uses regardless)

The customer framer at my store also recommended a Preservation Fit rather than drymounting. So that's what I went with on my two framings so far.

Due to pricing, a skipped the non-glare glass and went with the non-coated one as there was a $70 difference in price.

And while my total was $209, my actual oop was around $150. I use one of the giftcard resell sites(cardpool,Raise) to lower my total cost.

I took advantage of their 60% + 10% off modern collection sale last week. After all was said and done, my total was still $209. My previous framing totaled $195. The reason for it being slightly higher this time was due to a more expensive mat.

As far as sizing and what is needed, the custom framer should be able to help you set it up to your liking. They measure it, pull out different mats & frames and offer suggestions.

Now as far as what is needed, this is what I was told by someone on another site. I'm sure someone else will chime in with their suggestions/thoughts as these are what was offered by someone else to me.

Acid Free Foam Core Backing(essential)
UV protected glass(I was told by my customer framer that this is what Micheal's uses regardless)

The customer framer at my store also recommended a Preservation Fit rather than drymounting. So that's what I went with on my two framings so far.

Due to pricing, a skipped the non-glare glass and went with the non-coated one as there was a $70 difference in price.

And while my total was $209, my actual oop was around $150. I use one of the giftcard resell sites(cardpool,Raise) to lower my total cost.

Never drymount or your print or poster will be ruined for ever because it actually gets mounted onto another medium.