General Poster Discussion & last purchased

Apr 2, 2009
General Poster Talk and Share your Latest Purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
A short answer would be Twitter.
You get a lot of useful information there through the artists and also the galleries and sites like omgposters.
Follow the artists that you like and the galleries you know and also have a look who they follow, that can help you discover new artists you might have missed otherwise.

There is always a chance to still miss a release or drop, especially if you work and/or have a private life and family, but you should be well informed using twitter and this forum.

The most important part is to go for what you like. I usually don't buy a print that i couldn't imagine enjoying on my wall.

Reactions: roseart
I'm gonna get a movie poster soon, but I really don't know what to get. I wanna go classic like Psycho or something but a Django poster could also be great. I'm confused!

There are quite a few nice Django Posters out there.
However, I really like Daniel Dangers take on Psycho!

Daniel-Danger-Psycho.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I aswell am totally new to this. Is there some sort of magical site that keeps me updated with every new release? I have bookmarked omgposters because it seems to keep me updated. I missed the Pacific Rim one, and I don't want to miss out on any others I might want :p any replies would be appreciated :)

expressobeans

Ideally once we have enough people on this forum interested in posters, we could probably keep track of all the releases right here.

Last edited:
Question does anyone know the size posters they sell at walmart? I picked up a DC one I liked but cant figure the actual size.

I don't own a ruler or tape measure (sad I know) . Thanks to anyone who can help.

Question does anyone know the size posters they sell at walmart? I picked up a DC one I liked but cant figure the actual size.

I don't own a ruler or tape measure (sad I know) . Thanks to anyone who can help.

Its an odd size. A quick internet search claims 24x36 but that is false. I held one up to a 24x36 in the store and it was too small. It some weird size like 22.3 wide. Id have to measure one next time Im at work.

Reactions: Xavier
I'd guess 24X36 but really no clue
Thats what I had thought but it was a bit smaller
Its an odd size. A quick internet search claims 24x36 but that is false. I held one up to a 24x36 in the store and it was too small. It some weird size like 22.3 wide. Id have to measure one next time Im at work.
I didnt think of trying that while I was at the store. I automatically assumed it was a 24x36. Oh well I may just put it up without framing thanks anyways.

Got this bad boy in friday and then signed Saturday By robert

attachment.php

If I check ebay the shipping cost to me (Sweden) is usually around 45 us, but I am not sure about the ebay shipping calculator.

Can someone tell me what it should cost to send a poster from the US to Sweden?

Thanks!

If I check ebay the shipping cost to me (Sweden) is usually around 45 us, but I am not sure about the ebay shipping calculator.

Can someone tell me what it should cost to send a poster from the US to Sweden?

Thanks!

Im not in the US but Im going to guess sending one poster/print in a solid tube would cost around $15-$20 or so via USPS First Class... but thats a complete guess. Maybe a USA member can chime in soon.

Reactions: Hooch
First class looked like it should be around $25 and priority around $40.

That is about right. The really high prices on eBay for prints is Priority, registered & insured. Sellers are weary about being scammed with prints overseas and it really is the safest way when selling to someone you don't know.

Class with third party insurance can be anywhere from $20-$25 depending on how many prints (and size of the prints) and how heavy the tube is.

Anything worth over say $300, a lot of people say shipping in a PVC pipe is the way to go. Explaining that to customs would be a little harder slip through though. :ohno:

Yeah, my superhero noir stuff is finally flattened so I'm going to have to look into framing. If anyone has guidance where I can get some nice silver frames for a decent price let me know please

just thought some of you might like to know ...

next to be framed is Avengers.... finally unrolled it and its getting "flattened"

ftw.

Wreck, if you have any more posters still rolled I would highly recommend getting them flattened ASAP. The longer you leave em, the more troublesome they become.

Reactions: Wreck and roseart