Release date: November 23, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €18.91

914P+yL8b-L._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's listed as single disc in the description on Amazon Italy
From what I know the steelbook itself is the same as HDzeta

There is though a difference between the 2 releases
HDzeta was 2 Discs and included a Full Slip and Lenti Full Slip with one having artcards and other a Booklet and numbered card

Italy release is just the Steelbook and is 1 Disc only

Steelbook might be the same but the releases are not in terms of content included

Yes, this one appears to be bare - just steelbook and a disc which is what I love :)

It's not looking like it's embossed going by that photo unless it's just the angle of the photo not showing it
It does though look as if there is a border on the left side of the photo but right side cant see any border

Defo a border and if you look at the eyes of the mask and spikes on the left of the top of the Helmet is does look like its embossed. Maybe it's just the title

Have to wait for unboxing pics

I see a border on both sides. It's hard to tell about the embossing, but I'd say there's an indication of a sharper edge around the helmet, which is probably embossing. Also, the yellow card at the bottom looks like it curves up in the middle, around the helmet.

The real question goes to brad_dd: Why bother posting such a low-quality picture?? :)

The HDZETA release is still THE edition of Gladiator to own IMO. Regardless of whether this is embossed or not....

Calm down ;)

This is an amazing alternative for those that either can't afford the Zeta or who don't want bells and whistles

I feel for the ones who paid a lot just for a steel but hey ho that's how it goes

Calm down ;)

This is an amazing alternative for those that either can't afford the Zeta or who don't want bells and whistles

I feel for the ones who paid a lot just for a steel but hey ho that's how it goes
I agree: I collect steelbooks, I have no interests in cards/booklets/slips/etc
I loved the HDZeta steelbook release for the steelbook itself (despite the text on the front), but I don't like to spend money for something I don't want: this italian release is perfect for me, if the steelbook will end up being the same as the HDZeta, then I'll be a very happy steelbook collector :D:D

I ended up ordering this steelbook anyways.... I wasn't too thrilled about the film itself.
It's a very fine film- but I feel like it's one that neither conveys the style or interests that I have as a film collector. In fact, I think looking at a film like Gladiator nowadays compared to te baffling extravagancy we see in most weekly blockbusters now makes this film seem rather quaint.

But... with the Embossing- I couldn't pass this up.

Both my copies of Gladiator and Inglorious Basterds are on their way. My card was charged Monday night at 1am in the morning so i should have my copies Thursday or Friday. Usually takes 3 days. My first ever physical copies of either film so I'm one happy camper.....

Reactions: FN-2187
the only down side? I've never ordered from amazon Italy before so I have no idea what sort of packaging they use. Fingers crossed they are not an offshot of Zavvi!