Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: January, 2016
Print run: 2000
Price: TBA
Extra's: Full Slipcover (500) or Lenticular Slipcover (1500) and bonus cards.

In hands pictures (Thanks to @pbtour4il)
DSC_1609.JPG DSC_1610.JPG DSC_1611.JPG

Full Slip:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Lenticular Slip:
10.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's one way of looking at it,we're all different
I'm just saying that especially because Fincher takes so long in between movies- I want him to pick great material.
Example: when I want to get excited about the next Ridley Scott movie and he picks something like The Councelor or Body of Lies...and I want to scream "Noooooooo!!!":mad: "Ridley- you only have so much time left on this earth! Don't waste it on crappy choices!"
I feel the same with Fincher.

Are you reading the charges against the accused (AMPAS) for high crimes against Motion Pictures?:LOL:
Yeah, Forrest Gump was better than Pulp Fiction & Shawshank....they got that right. uh-huh.:wacky:View attachment 169902

:rolleyes: Not really ! I don't like Forrest Gump but I can appreciate the film making,likewise Benjamin Button which I do like.Its all subjective nonsense backed up by the likes of Shakespeare in Love beating out Saving Private Ryan,to me still the Academy's biggest crime.

:rolleyes: Not really ! I don't like Forrest Gump but I can appreciate the film making,likewise Benjamin Button which I do like.Its all subjective nonsense backed up by the likes of Shakespeare in Love beating out Saving Private Ryan,to me still the Academy's biggest crime.
Shakespeare in Love was a great movie, though. Tom Stoppard wrote the crap outta that!
Better than Private Ryan? I dunno. Because PR has problems too. That ending is straight-up goofy.
They should have never cut to the weird looking old guy with his family crying "am I a good man?"
(This is the period where Spielberg had no idea when or how to end his movies- see Schindler's List, A.I.)
Both Ryan and Shakespeare are great movies- but I find myself sticking up for Shakespeare mostly because people- in their outrage that it won over Ryan- Totally forget what a solid, great movie Shakespeare in Love is.

Both Ryan and Shakespeare are great movies- but I find myself sticking up for Shakespeare mostly because people- in their outrage that it won over Ryan- Totally forget what a solid, great movie Shakespeare in Love is.

No it isn't ........you see,we're all different,even the ones who like Benjamin Button;)

Saving Private Ryan is one of the best movies of all time. When Shakespeare in Love won instead I stopped watching the Academy Awards altogether. I will never let that go.
They are both good movies. They are both flawed movies, too.
And you should never let an awards show set the benchmark for what is considered good or bad.
I don't watch it. It's a 5 hour self- congradulatory narcissism-fest.
The Oscar should be a mirror, and be called the Narcisty...

I'm sorry- but Robert Rodat isn't even in the same ballpark or universe as Tom Stoppard as a writer.
What else has Rodat written? Yep. You have to go look it up... Exactly.

Fail to see your point,Saving Private Ryan was about so much more than Robert Rodat..........................If that's your barometer a certain F Scott Fitzgerald wrote Benjamin Button

Thanks @Threat I've reached out to some folks who share BF news here. Seems to be mixed info as far as whether titles are actually confirmed 100% via Blufans directly. Once we have the info from direct source, the thread titles will be updated.Thanks all!

Fail to see your point,Saving Private Ryan was about so much more than Robert Rodat..........................If that's your barometer a certain F Scott Fitzgerald wrote Benjamin Button

F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the Benjamin Button screenplay? News to me.
Private Ryan was a 'Men On A Mission' war movie - hardly a new concept.
Stoppard is a legend. Rodat is a hack. The writing in Private Ryan is quite trite and forgettable.

Well, then! Let's say polarizing in my peer group. No one I know likes it, either. (And we are all Fincher fans). Even my mother and her friends (in their 60s) vehemently hated the book and refused to see the movie... And they are that target audience!
Bottom line is it is a poorly written tale. Really bad. And argumentum ad populum will not convince me otherwise.:thumbs:

Stoppard is a legend. Rodat is a hack. The writing in Private Ryan is quite trite and forgettable.

First Gone Girl, now Saving Private Ryan...what else do you think is poorly written? o_O

Reactions: JCC
F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the Benjamin Button screenplay? News to me.

We were talking about movies,not screenplays,that's a diversion from the conversation at stake.To compare the merits of Shakespeare in love to Saving Private Ryan is quite ridiculous and the only reason Shakespeare in Love is remembered is because much like the movie Ordinary People it's a reminder of a much more deserving case.

I've watched countless movies at the cinema but the two that stand out above all others for audience recognition are Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan. The former because we'd never seen anything quite like it,the latter because it was the most humbling experience many of us had ever endured.I was too young for Star Wars otherwise that would be among the former,no doubt about it.

As @digitalbabe states,create a thread in the Movies section and we'll move it there.

Well, then! Let's say polarizing in my peer group. No one I know likes it, either. (And we are all Fincher fans).

That's strange, I saw this movie in theaters twice, with two different groups of friends. A total of about 8 people. All of us absolutely loved it and put it in our top movies of the year. Your peers don't sound like a very fun group to hang out with.

Even my mother and her friends (in their 60s) vehemently hated the book and refused to see the movie... And they are that target audience!
Bottom line is it is a poorly written tale. Really bad. And argumentum ad populum will not convince me otherwise.:thumbs:

The third time I saw this movie was with my mom when the blu ray came out. She's 57, and really really loved the movie.

That book was Oprah Book Club territory- which includes women of that age. They devour all the best sellers aimed at women. And that book was aimed squarely in that direction.

Gone Girl was not a dark book. It was top 40 fluff that played at being dark. He needs to pick better material.

Did you read the novel? Because I did, and I think it's perfect Fincher material. It's a very dark, grim novel. It's definitely not fluff, or some typical romance novel for Oprah's Book Club. It takes many twists, many turns, and was written in a way most novels aren't. True, it's Flynn's most commercial work, and the less dark of her 3 novels, but still isn't an average, basic novel you're making it out to be.

Outstanding! Have the digi-book but was hoping an Asian retailer would release this. It's a divisive piece but the atmosphere in the this film is utterly outstanding (made better so by the Ross/Reznor OST). Saying that I probably would probably watch a prostate exam filmed by Fincher... and clamour for the steelbook release.

We were talking about movies,not screenplays,that's a diversion from the conversation at stake.To compare the merits of Shakespeare in love to Saving Private Ryan is quite ridiculous and the only reason Shakespeare in Love is remembered is because much like the movie Ordinary People it's a reminder of a much more deserving case.

I've watched countless movies at the cinema but the two that stand out above all others for audience recognition are Jurassic Park and Saving Private Ryan. The former because we'd never seen anything quite like it,the latter because it was the most humbling experience many of us had ever endured.I was too young for Star Wars otherwise that would be among the former,no doubt about it.

As @digitalbabe states,create a thread in the Movies section and we'll move it there.
I'm good. I'm not all hot and bothered. I'm merely playing devil's advocate. (I own all the HDzetas of it...)