Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: January, 2016
Print run: 2000
Price: TBA
Extra's: Full Slipcover (500) or Lenticular Slipcover (1500) and bonus cards.

In hands pictures (Thanks to @pbtour4il)
DSC_1609.JPG DSC_1610.JPG DSC_1611.JPG

Full Slip:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Lenticular Slip:
10.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange, I saw this movie in theaters twice, with two different groups of friends. A total of about 8 people. All of us absolutely loved it and put it in our top movies of the year. Your peers don't sound like a very fun group to hang out with.

The third time I saw this movie was with my mom when the blu ray came out. She's 57, and really really loved the movie.

Did you read the novel? Because I did, and I think it's perfect Fincher material. It's a very dark, grim novel. It's definitely not fluff, or some typical romance novel for Oprah's Book Club. It takes many twists, many turns, and was written in a way most novels aren't. True, it's Flynn's most commercial work, and the less dark of her 3 novels, but still isn't an average, basic novel you're making it out to be.
We are all huge Fincher fans (in my peer group). (We even gave money to his kickstarter GOON project). We are also film industry vets. We just don't dig his choice of material lately. A book off the top 10 best sellers is like picking a record off the top of the Billboard charts as great music.

We are all huge Fincher fans (in my peer group). (We even gave money to his kickstarter GOON project). We are also film industry vets. We just don't dig his choice of material lately. A book off the top 10 best sellers is like picking a record off the top of the Billboard charts as great music.

Sounds like you were inclined to dislike it from the start, based on how little you think of the source material (because of how many copies it sold). I wonder if you even read it before dismissing it as Oprah's Book Club fluff.

Sounds like you were inclined to dislike it from the start, based on how little you think of the source material (because of how many copies it sold). I wonder if you even read it before dismissing it as Oprah's Book Club fluff.
Nope. Based on what I had heard, I was excited to read it. My disappointment was huge seeing as I have a lot of backlogged stuff to read- and it was a huge waste of my time. The twist wasn't a twist at all- unless you had never read a book.

Reactions: luke98
Nope. Based on what I had heard, I was excited to read it. My disappointment was huge seeing as I have a lot of backlogged stuff to read- and it was a huge waste of my time. The twist wasn't a twist at all- unless you had never read a book.

I don't know about the book but the film isn't dependent on a twist. I don't think a film's quality should be based on if they have a twist or not (i.e. the more twists the better, the bigger the twist the better). Twist.

Never purchased anything from Blufans before, not too familiar with how they operate things.

Considering the GOTG thread was started back in January, and we are just now seeing artwork for it...is it safe to assume this won't come out for a very long time?

Never purchased anything from Blufans before, not too familiar with how they operate things.

Considering the GOTG thread was started back in January, and we are just now seeing artwork for it...is it safe to assume this won't come out for a very long time?

It's definitely not for those who need immediate gratification. But they produce some really nice looking steels. I would say the wait for BF is usually 8-10 months? Someone can correct me - that's just off the top of my head. But I definitely find their products to be worth the wait for movies I really like :D

Edit: and there's a retailer specific thread for BF that might have more info that I'd link to if I weren't on mobile

Glad you enjoyed the movie @John Faherty! This is one that I actually enjoy rewatching fairly frequently. I'm glad Affleck has had this career renaissance. I also think that smile he flashes during the press conference should be the lenti :p So hilariously inappropriate yet well done for the scene.
541ad19a2e32fc85609d403e_Ben-Affleck-in-Gone-Girl-GIF-with-cameras-flashing-and-Missing-Persons-sign-awkward-smile.gif

Glad you enjoyed the movie @John Faherty! This is one that I actually enjoy rewatching fairly frequently. I'm glad Affleck has had this career renaissance. I also think that smile he flashes during the press conference should be the lenti :p So hilariously inappropriate yet well done for the scene.
541ad19a2e32fc85609d403e_Ben-Affleck-in-Gone-Girl-GIF-with-cameras-flashing-and-Missing-Persons-sign-awkward-smile.gif
HAHAHA! Yes! I completely agree! I would most certainly buy that Lenti.

Reactions: Ask