Guardians of the Galaxy - Steelbook feedback for Disney

Would you be happy with the GOTG steelbook as currently designed?

• Yes

Votes: 126 23.6%
  • NO! Please give us an alternative design Disney & Marvel!

Votes: 407 76.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Attention members!

Please provide us with your feedback, alternate designs and definitely vote in the poll!

I will pass along this thread, along with your constructive feedback about how to improve upon the design that we've already been shown.

As we know, it is up to the studio to provide the final choice of artwork & design, but if this response if OVERWHELMING, we may have a shot to be heard.

Thanks in advance, as always for being members of HDN!

EDIT - To clarify, if our feedback is too late for this run, please keep in mind that this thread CAN be used for a variant steelbook release that could happen in the future! Keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited:
Please let me explain why this artwork doesn't work for a collector like me...........
P1050842_zps822aa014.jpg~original

P1050846_zps93bcc6b4.jpg~original

:stop: :grumpy: :( :wtf: :spitout: :vomit: :wacky: EEK! o_O :smashed: :hurting: :punch: :squint: :bored:

And most people will say "dude what's with the tape player in your collection?"

I'm good with the current one. if there were to be any changes, just change the color of the steelbook to match Quill's walkman and his Awesome Mix Vol. 1 tape. :writing:

The current design is actually pretty cool/creative, but I think we all (or at least the majority of us) expected the usual colourful poster art that Marvel usually go for. I was literally just getting used to the heads on the spines too, and now they've gone and changed that... it'll look so out of place next to the other Marvel steels, which sucks! Personally I think they should've given retailers a general steelbook release with art we all originally hoped for, and then used this design as a Zavvi exclusive or something... I'd have happily ordered both if that was the case.

i think people have delusions of grandeur if they actually believe they can get marvel/disney to change the art of an international/worldwide release based on a small number of collectors on one forum. its not going to happen.

this artwork is going to be in every corner of the earth, you cant stop it.

Reactions: mumbles
On the off chance someone from Disney reads this..........................Titles Are A Good Thing!!!!!

Last edited:
I will buy the one looking like a cassete player, but I also think they could make another, the word exclusive get used aloth on steelbooks, maybe that is something that the people should into at disney at marvel and what the meaning of it is

Reactions: rj531
I like when a steelbook looks unique, if you really want a movie poster cover just get the regular amaray case. I like a nice cool design for my steels.

Also there's no way Disney would put a Sony logo on the cover to be accurate due to competition and licensing fees.

Last edited:
Reactions: vläd
Everyone moans when companies just rehash old art or posters for steelbook covers, so when a company does something unique (that totally fits with the tone of the film) everyone still moans and demands a generic poster style cover. I just have no idea what would actually please some people.

I actually LOVE the new artwork, and I've also seen a bunch of posts on social media from other people (that don't even collect steelbooks) that also love this artwork and want a copy purely because of the clever nod to the film.

I hope that the artwork stays as it is, as I think it's a pretty clever idea, and I hate the fact that people feel the need to shout down ideas just because they don't like them. I've no doubt there will be a bunch of releases worldwide, some with different covers, so feel free to pick up one of them and leave this cover to those that appreciate it.

People will want a Guardians steelbook, partly because of the success of the movie, and partly because they already own Iron Man 1,2 & 3, Captain America 1 & 2, Thor 1 & 2 plus the Avengers steelbooks and want it to add to their collection.

There are collectors (me included) who want a 'complete' collection, were looking forward to the release of this, and have felt a huge sense of disappointment in what we feel is a lacklustre effort.

Sure, we can cancel the pre orders etc, but then there will be a missing gap in the collection. Yes, its petty, but unfortunately that's how it is...

I like the cassette look, works for the tone of the movie. I would of hated if we got something like that Korean poster that was posted earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.