Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I've always found this very intestesting why the Zavvi one is generally always more highly sought. Here are my two cents.

A lot of collectors want the English version, with the English data sheet.

Not all collectors are experienced and they are afraid of buying an import with the risk it may not play on the blu-ray player and if there are English subtitles subs and launguages.

In particular for the UK, it is a British thing to buy from and support the county the steel had been released. That's why so many of these UK marvel profit more than the international releases. They want the official UK release.

Collectors that don't have this release in their country are more likely to go for the UK release as it has the English data sheet, international lauguage.

Zavvi shipping is so cheap as well.

Completionists to own all English version marvels with English data sheet on it.

The UK release is much easier to resell on the secondary market by third party sellers so there will be always be a lot of demand emphasised on them, and when it does sell out very early, it gives that special feeling and a fear of loss factor.

Back to the Euro price fiasco, with the release date so long, it will take a little longer to sell out but it will eventually sell out.

All great points :thumbs: I guess I am just old school in my thinking. I like to be patient and scope the landscape before making a choice. Zavvi have a distinct advantage in selling marvel releases doe to the cheap shipping. IMO, without this, the playing field would be much more even.

Reactions: sunnyx
All great points :thumbs: I guess I am just old school in my thinking. I like to be patient and scope the landscape before making a choice. Zavvi have a distinct advantage in selling marvel releases doe to the cheap shipping. IMO, without this, the playing field would be much more even.

I think like anything these days is just thinking out of the box rather than tunnel vision. Always try to put your shoes in the other parties shoe, why did they do this, or that, or purchase it? Why? There's always a reason. It took my a few years to come to up with that theory which I feel explains why UK Marvels are more highly sought then the other WWA versions, and even more profit than premiums, a lot more profit as well.

It all started off back like years ago when I first started collecting 6 years ago I bought an Iron Man DVD steelbook as the only Iron Man Blu-ray steel available was the old highly sought grail old fashioned blue banner Future Shop steelbook. It was going for crazy prices back then, IF you could even find one for sale. The Iron Man DVD was a replacement for those that cannot afford or source the Future Shop version.

Anyway I bought the Iron Man DVD, it was an import but at the time didn't even know. Threw the data sheet somewhere in a box. Decided to auction it on ebay as I just couldn't stand the G1 size steel and decided to get the Future Shop version. I took photos of the steel but not with the data sheet as I thought I lost it. I listed it as 'UK' version and surprisingly got bids over £30 when it cost me about £20. So I made a small profit which was good as I was expecting this to go for less than £20. So buyer paid and I found the data sheet in the box as I double checked. Put the data sheet in and sent it.

The buyer received and said to me that he thought he bought the UK version even though the steelbook is exactly the same. But he saw the data sheet had foreign texts lol and then asked if he could return it. I was like WTF? You are returning this because I added a data sheet in? I was thinking if I never added the data sheet it would had been fine. I kept thinking why the hell does it matter about the data sheet?

It goes back to what I was saying. Regardless of the WWA steel, collectors want the 'official UK English version'. It's weird but I can understand it. I see it as more of a traditional thing to have this at your country of origin. But then I later realised that UK never even released the G1 DVD steelbook LOL :rofl:

What a complete mess up that was. Buy an Iron Man DVD thinking it was the UK english version when it was an import. List it as the UK version when it should had been a USA/CA release, put the data sheet in when I didn't even include this in the listing, and for the buyer asking to return it as it wasn't the UK version when there never was! :facepalm:

He did return it and myself and the buyer wasted around £3-£4 on postage costs. What a funny story...

Pre-ordered with the T-Shirt, missed the discount code unfortunately. Also pre-ordered my first Hot Toys figure. The lifesized Groot but that has a crazy long expected release date. Movie was great and price for the steel isn't too much higher than the amaray 3D blu-ray version.

I usually pay in £ when ordering from zavvi but i skip everything that costs 24,99£ or more because of customs fees.

The last packet was sent from a German warehouse though, is that because I paid in € or was I just being lucky?

Snap ordered groot too. Where u get urs from?

Sweet, I ordered from Zavvi with hesitance but despite their notoriously bad customer service I have always eventually resolved all issues with them when they arise, whereas some other cheaper and smaller sites disregard box damage in their terms, most also require a deposit and none seem all too trustworthy. You?

Sweet, I ordered from Zavvi with hesitance but despite their notoriously bad customer service I have always eventually resolved all issues with them when they arise, whereas some other cheaper and smaller sites disregard box damage in their terms, most also require a deposit and none seem all too trustworthy. You?
Got mine ordered from sideshow themselves. It's 189.99 US dollars but I paid 19 dollar deposit and did it on payment plan where it's 57 a month jan,Feb and march next year. Then sent to me at the end of march. Worked it out that even with postage from USA I'll save around 50-60 pound on the zavvi price. Plus zavvi haven't got it until 4/5 months after official release

• Thanks
Reactions: Smelly_Pickle
Soooooo........compared to first time round, surprisingly this is still knocking around in stock. Even Ghost In the Shell sold out faster than this!

Serves Zavvi right for pulling such a **** move with the pricing! :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a guaranteed spine title instead of the dreaded picture spine (not unlikely on the other Euro and Asian territory releases) I wouldn't recommend sitting on your hands for this the U.K. edition for much longer.

Colour me surprised if this is still available into the week-end even taking into account the fact we don't know what the thing looks like . . .

On the other hand both steelbook packages from France sold out in three days after going live and priced @EUR 64.99 and 34.99.

U.K. cinema release Friday 28th April 2017 with U.K. steelbook release Monday 25th September 2017 (?)

Last edited:
surprised it lasted so long to be honest

glad my pre-order is in
Personally I'm waiting for Blufans.

I'd only be getting this as a stop gap only to move it on again at a later date. Too much hassle!

Hope everyone who got their order in is happy with the final design.