Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ... you guys do realise that a lot of you are acting like little children right? "Oooohh I havent received my steelbook yet... shame on Zavvi!"

You guys are acting like the world is coming to an end if you dont receive a bluray before release date. Give me a break...

So zavvi sent out shippkng notices and may not have shipped on that particular day, but a day or 2 later... SO.EFFING.WHAT??

A lot of these posts are really a bunch of people overreacting and quite honestly: childish, shameful and the most toxic aspect of steelbook collecting

Jesus Christ... you guys do realise that a lot of you are acting like little children right? "Oooohh I havent received my steelbook yet... shame on Zavvi!"

You guys are acting like the world is coming to an end if you dont receive a bluray before release date. Give me a break...

So zavvi sent out shippkng notices and may not have shipped on that particular day, but a day or 2 later... SO.EFFING.WHAT??

A lot of these posts are really a bunch of people overreacting and quite honestly: childish, shameful and the most toxic aspect of steelbook collecting

Agreed.

No point worrying as official release day is not until tomorrow anyhow.

Reactions: K.i.T

You're missing the point. It's not about getting it before the release date, it's about when you say you do something and you don't do it.
Things like:
- It's shipped.....but actually it's not shipped.
- Yeah sure we do express delivery everywhere....pssstt...but not all warehouses.
- Maximum order of 3 items....we ignore this anyway.
- Yes we know we use lousy packinging, complaints?!? So what, we don't care.
- Let's ship from a warehouse where it would take as long as possible.

If you are ok if you're being lied and not listened to, it's fine.
I don't.
Of course I don't expect a release before it's official release date. I was actually surprised it had been shipped earlier. If it was today or tomorrow that was fine too. But if you say you do something, then do it.

I think he's on the wrong website lol did make me laugh though

Lol

Thing is I'm not p*ssed it didn't arrive by yesterday but I was hoping it would, and I get why some are mad because of the whole ghost in the shell issue. If they want to vent anger so be it. Plus we all know zavvis history with CS and pretty mush everything they do wrong but I do think the have got better in recent years. I used to take shots at them 24/7 2 years ago and prior to that but I had reason to, they have improved a lot since then. Yeah they still have issues and make me face palm sometimes but I don't have any issues with their CS anymore. They get back to me quickly and I don't get standard copy and paste replies or random unrelated answers.
Obviously the whole ghost shell issue is really bad though

My main issue with them nowadays is the whole out of whack catalogue steel prices but the studios are a part to blame there too

Lol

Thing is I'm not p*ssed it didn't arrive by yesterday but I was hoping it would, and I get why some are mad because of the whole ghost in the shell issue. If they want to vent anger so be it. Plus we all know zavvis history with CS and pretty mush everything they do wrong but I do think the have got better in recent years. I used to take shots at them 24/7 2 years ago and prior to that but I had reason to, they have improved a lot since then. Yeah they still have issues and make me face palm sometimes but I don't have any issues with their CS anymore. They get back to me quickly and I don't get standard copy and paste replies or random unrelated answers.
Obviously the whole ghost shell issue is really bad though

My main issue with them nowadays is the whole out of whack catalogue steel prices but the studios are a part to blame there too

My bottom line on this release isn't that its not arrived early which would be nice, but the fact they sent me an "officially dispatched" email early last week, which that obviously in't the case and they lied, because it would have been here by now. I don't mind when it comes but they lied and thats my issue. I totally agree they haven't improved at all

You're missing the point. It's not about getting it before the release date, it's about when you say you do something and you don't do it.
Things like:
- It's shipped.....but actually it's not shipped.
- Yeah sure we do express delivery everywhere....pssstt...but not all warehouses.
- Maximum order of 3 items....we ignore this anyway.
- Yes we know we use lousy packinging, complaints?!? So what, we don't care.
- Let's ship from a warehouse where it would take as long as possible.

If you are ok if you're being lied and not listened to, it's fine.
I don't.
Of course I don't expect a release before it's official release date. I was actually surprised it had been shipped earlier. If it was today or tomorrow that was fine too. But if you say you do something, then do it.

I think maybe people are just fed up of seeing the same ol' crap in threads and moaners not bothering to do anything about it other than keep moaning each time it happens with a particular steelbook they ordered.
Do you write a letter to The Hut Group personally? Do you contact Watchdog? Or do you continue to moan and complain about it on HDN when the last time you moaned and complained didn't change a thing?
I feel that is partly why he isn't missing the point.
It's the same as when people on here don't receive the item they purchased via a Group Buy the moment they find out somebody else has, and people like poor ol' @cooey have to keep commenting to reassure them.

If you went to a restaurant and didn't get the food you ordered you would surely complain. This is no different other than the fact you can't be arsed to do anything about it and shout a bit louder to get somewhere.

@zavvi ... can you read this and tell your bosses they are **** for @rschiks please.

Last edited:
I think maybe people are just fed up of seeing the same ol' crap in threads and moaners not bothering to do anything about it other than keep moaning each time it happens with a particular steelbook they ordered.
Do you write a letter to The Hut Group personally? Do you contact Watchdog? Or do you continue to moan and complain about it on HDN when the last time you moaned and complained didn't change a thing?
It's the same as when people on here don't receive the item they purchased via a Group Buy the moment they find out somebody else has, and people like poor ol' @cooey have to keep commenting to reassure them.

If you went to a restaurant and didn't get the food you ordered you would surely complain. This is no different other than the fact you can't be arsed to do anything about it and shout a bit louder to get somewhere.

@zavvi ... can you read this and tell your bosses they are **** for @rschiks please.
Thanks for tagging me and Zavvi of course. I really hope they read this. I have e-mailed them a lot and nothing changed. If they read this message I have attached a few of the many messages I left their service desk.

20kehdd.png

14vixlj.png

208y549.png

25fovn5.png

zt9e15.png

I bet it'll have been held back for Monday arrival, per Disney's instructions.

I had my 4k GotGv2 dispatch email on Wednesday night. I had my dispatch email from Zavvi for the Serenity steelbook on Thursday morning. I had the Serenity steelbook in my hand Friday morning. Still no sign of GotGv2.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I bet it'll have been held back for Monday arrival, per Disney's instructions.

I had my 4k GotGv2 dispatch email on Wednesday night. I had my dispatch email from Zavvi for the Serenity steelbook on Thursday morning. I had the Serenity steelbook in my hand Friday morning. Still no sign of GotGv2.
That's possible yes but be a first for a Marvel release as that only used to happen with Disney Classic releases a few years ago with Disney and they was strict with release date restrictions but not so much recently

In saying that I not seen any unboxing video posted yet on Youtube of the UK Blu-ray not even an amaray version

Not sure the restaurant analogy is a great example to be fair. Unless the waiter is a royal mail employee and it's been sent by standard delivery.

Not sure the restaurant analogy is a great example to be fair. Unless the waiter is a royal mail employee and it's been sent by standard delivery.

Same principal, different scenario. It's about doing something about it or at least attempting to do something about it MORE if you aren't happy with the current state of play. You don't ask, you don't get.
The point is the moaning about it all the time. Coming on here moaning time and time again about the service of something that isn't anything to do with HDN is moaning to the wrong people.
My post doesn't need to be made into something else now, it is all very simple to understand and move on from lol.

Same principal, different scenario. It's about doing something about it or at least attempting to do something about it MORE if you aren't happy with the current state of play. You don't ask, you don't get.
The point is the moaning about it all the time. Coming on here moaning time and time again about the service of something that isn't anything to do with HDN is moaning to the wrong people.
My post doesn't need to be made into something else now, it is all very simple to understand and move on from lol.

How do you know these people aren't contacting zavvi about it too?

We're are all here for the same thing so people explaining their situations helps in that way. People know they aren't alone on the matter when its occurring to others

Humans love a good ol moan and a worry. if your British then it's in your DNA (as you should know)

A good example is the nova age of ultorn, a big number of us had our orders on the same flight. It's been over 2 weeks since that flight left Korea with no update on the other side. A bunch of us have been worried, some have contacted nova etc etc and vented on here.
Then this morning around half of those people randomly had the update to say it was in London and being processed whereas me and the other half still haven't had movement yet we was on the same shipping flight.
That's worried me because others have had updates (just like your example of people getting worried that others have their GB items before others - it's natural to wonder what the **** is happening and considering we are all here for the same reason waiting on the same time we come to here to talk about it and vent)

Last edited:
That's possible yes but be a first for a Marvel release as that only used to happen with Disney Classic releases a few years ago with Disney and they was strict with release date restrictions but not so much recently

In saying that I not seen any unboxing video posted yet on Youtube of the UK Blu-ray not even an amaray version
I guess this is the UK version (amaray):

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: paulboland