Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2011
Montreal

Attachments

• harry-potter-logo.jpg
    harry-potter-logo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6,169
Last edited by a moderator:
So does shipping costs count toward the £15?

I'm sorry never ordered from abroad :(

No, it's the value of the goods, prior to the addition of shipping charges, that determines whether or not it's liable to the imposition of Import VAT.

If, however, the value of the goods, prior to the addition of shipping charges, exceeds £15 then VAT will be levied on the total value, including shipping charges.

The official HMRC exchange rate for September 2014 is (GBP) £1 = (CAD) $1.8224. Therefore, £15 = $27.34. If both of the items you require are priced at $12.99 each, then your order could include both since their total value of $25.98 remains below the £15 threshold.

Reactions: Flash
@augustus Yes like $26 before the shipping for the two so would still be allowed... Yes?

Yes.

Bear in mind that the official HMRC exchange rate changes on a monthly basis and it's already the 22nd September. So, if I were you, I'd get my order in pronto to ensure it arrives before the end of the month. Just in case there's a drastic change.

Great thank you for all your help, they are for a gift, the other guys said despite putting standard delivery they got them very quick. I hope so as it says 6- 8 weeks can't wait that long

Great thank you for all your help, they are for a gift, the other guys said despite putting standard delivery they got them very quick. I hope so as it says 6- 8 weeks can't wait that long

They're right in what they say. I've been ordering from amazon.ca for years. Items used to be sent surface mail because Canada Post was so expensive, and packages did indeed take that long to arrive. As of a few years ago, however, they started using DHL and UPS for their standard shipping. So you get courier based delivery but still only pay the same as before.

Wish 6 and 7.1 would come back in stock
#6 maybe...

#7.1 & #7.2, I'm pretty sure they'll never come back since they were never recalled as they all sold-out (or 99%) as Future Shop exclusive. The rest (1-6) stayed on shelves for months and eventually got recalled from Warner...

Hey guys, I ordered 2 and 3
(1 was out of stock) on the 22nd and I got them on the 24th amazingly. Putting amazon of zavvi to shame.

I was so impressed I ordered 1 and 5 but they have an delivery estimate of 24th November :woot:

I hope not :(

It's was only £20 including postage for 1 and 3 and didn't pay any customs.

Because they seem to go out of stock a lot, risked ordering 1 and 5 together which is over the customs amount and I'll probably be stung but we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Hey guys, I ordered 2 and 3
(1 was out of stock) on the 22nd and I got them on the 24th amazingly. Putting amazon of zavvi to shame.

I was so impressed I ordered 1 and 5 but they have an delivery estimate of 24th November :woot:

I hope not :(

It's was only £20 including postage for 1 and 3 and didn't pay any customs.

Because they seem to go out of stock a lot, risked ordering 1 and 5 together which is over the customs amount and I'll probably be stung but we shall see.

Glad you got them quickly :thumbs:

I got hit with customs for second two :(

But they are now on course for coming this Tuesday, we shall se :)

Great films to have they could be bought on Ebay but pricing will be high the last 2 editions are the hardest to get as I was told by a friend they had low prints than the rest...

I got hit with customs for second two :(

But they are now on course for coming this Tuesday, we shall se :)

How have you managed to get hit with Customs Charges when you were provided with the exact value in Canadian Dollars at which UK Import VAT would kick in? In addition to the VAT, you'll also be hit with a Handling Charge. It would have been cheaper to order the items separately.