HMV Exclusive - Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Artwork slipboxes [UK]

ricster

The Fallen Zombie
Premium Supporter
Jul 7, 2012
Great Britain
HMV are stocking Universal 100th Anniversary slipboxes with limited edition artwork. They come with 2 reversible artcards featuring 4 poster designs. i picked up 3 in their 3 for £20 sale (or 5 for £30).

Release Date- 27 May 2013
Price - £8 each or 3 for £20 or 5 for £30

Titles I saw on display were

Scott Pilgrim
Twelve Monkeys
In Bruges
Snow White and the Huntsman
Atonement
American Graffiti
Back to the Future 2
Spartacus
American Reunion
Land of the Dead
Immortals

There could be more. But thats all I saw and could remember. :)

UK - Scott Pilgrim - HMV Exclusive - Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Artwork Slipbox /w artcards featuring 4 poster designs
Matt - Slipbox

IMG_3222.jpg

UK - In Bruges - HMV Exclusive - Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Artwork Slipbox /w artcards featuring 4 poster designs
Matt - Slipbox

IMG_3223.jpg

UK - 12 Monkeys - HMV Exclusive - Universal 100th Anniversary Limited Edition Artwork Slipbox /w artcards featuring 4 poster designs
Matt - Slipbox

IMG_3224.jpg

Last edited:
I thought they'd be a thread on these. They have all of them in HMV in Manchester upstairs but not in the usual place since they're moving things around. As you go up the stairs and turn right keep going straight down and they'll be there in front of you.

I picked up in bruges but was tempted by Land of the Dead ( that looked the best to me ).
They're not great imo but worth a look if you like any of the movies.

Oh and for anyone who still might be wondering , no Rear Window on blu ray which I'd have loved to see.

Can anybody comment on what's included in these packages? It looks like a slipbox and I see it has 4 different artworks but how is the disc packaged? It is literally just the regular amaray with the cards separate? Basically I want to know how these different covers can be displayed.

Can anybody comment on what's included in these packages? It looks like a slipbox and I see it has 4 different artworks but how is the disc packaged? It is literally just the regular amaray with the cards separate? Basically I want to know how these different covers can be displayed.

That's how it's packaged, regular amaray in the slip box with 2 loose art cards and different images on each side.

Reactions: SimonLDT
Thought so. Seems strange as that means you can't really change the artwork (like say an Arrow release with reversible covers) other than sliding a card under the cut out hole on the slipbox but then you're missing some of the art.

Universal appear to be desperately trying to find different ways to repackage their releases every six months. I've lost track of how many different SKU's they have released in the last couple of years, including SteelBooks, Digibooks, Reel Heroes sleeves, Screen Outlaws sleeves, and those crappy Augmented Reality sleeves etc...

Is there really any reason why we need yet another series of sleeves? There's a limit to how many times I'm willing to buy the same title, and it's not as if they're offering any extra content over the copies I already own. I wouldn't mind so much if they actually released different titles, but it's always the same ones over and over. Frigging Scott Pilgrim isn't even that great a film!!!

How long are Universal going to be celebrating their 100th anniversary for anyway? I'm pretty sure the period is long over by now!

Does anyone have a complete list of titles available in this set? Are all three BTTF films available, as I find it odd that they would do just the second film in the trilogy?

Do these come sealed at all? And are the sleeves numbered?