I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
WEA (World Exclusive Art), limited to 2000 copies.

Price: £17.99
Pre-order HERE
Sold out
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

Official artwork-final & update 4/16/2014

ISTDfinal.jpg

Inside/back art:
ISTDfinal-front.jpg

ISTDfinal-back.jpg

ISTDfinal-inside.jpg

isawdevil.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
Overal good Korean movies

- A Bittersweet Life
- Oldboy
- Mother
- The man from nowhere
- Welcome to Dongmaekgol
- A moment to remember
- Memories Of Murder
- The Yellow Sea
- The Chaser
- Miracle in cell no. 7
- Secretly, Greatly
- Lady Vengeance
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance
- New World
- The Host
- Castaway on the Moon
- Thirst

Some good shouts here. I want to see A Bittersweet Life, and I enjoyed Oldboy, The Yellow Sea, Lady Vengeance, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and The Host but was a little disappointed with Thirst if I'm honest. I loved I Saw The Devil though, that film is great. I have some more Korean films I haven't watched yet - Mother, Hansel & Gretel, JSA: Joint Security Area, The Chaser, Spring Summer Autumn Winter and Spring, Public Enemy, Save The Green Planet, Breathless and some others somewhere too.

I would recommend A Tale Of Two Sisters and I'm A Cyborg by the way. But yeah, I Saw The Devil is great fun and beautifully filmed a lot of the time. It's relentless and not for the squeamish (but the same could be said for most Korean thrillers).

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Some good shouts here. I want to see A Bittersweet Life, and I enjoyed Oldboy, The Yellow Sea, Lady Vengeance, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and The Host but was a little disappointed with Thirst if I'm honest. I loved I Saw The Devil though, that film is great. I have some more Korean films I haven't watched yet - Mother, Hansel & Gretel, JSA: Joint Security Area, The Chaser, Spring Summer Autumn Winter and Spring, Public Enemy, Save The Green Planet, Breathless and some others somewhere too.

I would recommend A Tale Of Two Sisters and I'm A Cyborg by the way. But yeah, I Saw The Devil is great fun and beautifully filmed a lot of the time. It's relentless and not for the squeamish (but the same could be said for most Korean thrillers).

I`ve seen a lot of them, and i have to agree, a great list.
Gonna check the others i not seen, out. Thanx for the heads up.
What i like most with Korean films, its not often you get a "And they all lived happily ever after" ending.
I do like a downbeat/depressing ending :twisted::twisted::twisted:
Especially when the subject matter is so damn twisted/dark, which it seems to be in Korea. (not all of them, but most)

Hi everybody, so that we can have discussions in the fitting areas of the forum, I just went ahead and moved Anubisnefer's original Korean movie list into the Steelbook Feedback forum, and added a poll. Since we seem to have quite a few Korean film fans, and those that would like to explore them, the poll will allow you to vote for specific other titles that you may like to see as Steelbooks here https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/47792/

Anyone can start other polls with different movies, but to give you a chance to pick from some of the ones already discussed in this thread and in case any retailers are considering other Korean films for Steelbooks, the votes help gather support and feedback in one place. Enjoy all!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Hey guys-more chat regarding other Korean movies you'd want to see have been moved here to Korean movie feedback thread https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/47792/. Thanks for helping keep release threads on track :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure i will be cancelling this and concentrating my efforts on films i actually want and will try not to get caught up in this 'ultra limited release' malarky, same with 3.10 to Yuma

I see many members worrying about various titles being region locked, and it surprises me. When I started collecting steels I realized there was the chance of running into titles that would be region locked so I purchased a region free player. It seems like the logical thing to do if you're buying titles from different regions, while knowing that some will be locked. :dunno: :wtf:

Last edited:
Yes, as with other titles from Zavvi, some members may be able to order once cancellations go back on sale.

That, and when another 200+ copies suddenly become available a month or so down the road. ;)

I'm all over this title, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a "sold out" limited Zavvi title "found" a hundred or more titles later down the road.